Kennedy, Release at season end? Yes or No?

T

Taylor1921

QCup Player
Apr 18, 2014
His the most money put of all the forward pack, do you think he should be released at season end? To clear up salary cap?

Unless his form picks up dramatically, I don't see much choice. We have a lot of young, talented guys who are all big and run with more purpose than Kennedy does.

I dont think we need to release him. Kennedy showed a couple of years ago, that he has potential (he was on the verge of Qld selecton). And he gas some size about him, something lacking in our pack.

My suggestion is to make a phone call to either Webcke or Civoniceva (possibly both) and get them to teach him what it takes to be a prop at this level. Hopefully he comes good.

We could also give him a wakeup call by dropping him for a few weeks, see if that helps.

I dont think we need to release him. Kennedy showed a couple of years ago, that he has potential (he was on the verge of Qld selecton). And he gas some size about him, something lacking in our pack.

My suggestion is to make a phone call to either Webcke or Civoniceva (possibly both) and get them to teach him what it takes to be a prop at this level. Hopefully he comes good.

We could also give him a wakeup call by dropping him for a few weeks, see if that helps.

My thoughts exactly.

He certainly isn't playing to his potential at the moment ..... but he's not exactly a lone ranger there is he ?

Get somebody to fire him up .... Tallis/Webcke etc. and see how he fares first.

I believe he can come good again.

In fact, I wouldn't just limit it to Kennedy. Make a phone call to Webcke/Civoniceva /Tallis etc. Give them as much money as it takes (we may not be able to use our tinancial muscle on players, but we certainly can on coaches)

Give them this instruction: teach our forwards to not only dominate, but be feared again.

I'd love to see Tallis come in as a forwards coach, he knows his shit and is very passionate about the Broncos club.

Seems however that he and Hook aren't exactly the best of mates, so i guess it'll never happen while Hook remains coach :tsk:

Wonder if the ASADA thing is weighing on his mind, saw a complete form drop from Earl last year and Kennedy was implicated over the off season.

Wonder if the ASADA thing is weighing on his mind, saw a complete form drop from Earl last year and Kennedy was implicated over the off season.

You might be right there ??

Something seems to be putting him off ?

Wasn't he cleared?

I think they should release him, I had high hopes for him. But he's just soft, and if we are going to release him, one of the you gets has to be up to 1st grade standard because there's no real good props off contract this years. Except for that James Gavet.

For mine, our forward pack is perfect for a passing style of game foremost, with defence to shore up the middle. Kennedy to me is the wrong style of prop in terms of how he plays mostly atm.

Get that ball to our edges and backs which is where the points are.

Kennedy is a 122kg from what I have read, as big as anyone, and when I compare his play to Burgess, Fifita, Moa, I shudder.

He is dead weight IMO literally and metaphorically. I agree if we are going to keep him, he needs to be shown how to run with real venom and hit in tackles so they hurt. His size is for mine, a liability, which makes this side have 2 key liabilities. Not good at this level.

Oates and Wallace just have so much more impact than Kennedy

I didn't pay much attention to him at the roosters, did he stink this bad last season?

I remember a lot if excitement about signing him on this forum.

I didn't pay much attention to him at the roosters, did he stink this bad last season?

I remember a lot if excitement about signing him on this forum.

People were excited because he was 18th man for QLD in one game, but he just isn't particularly great and I thought we paid massive overs for him at the time. The Roosters were dominant through the middle last year, but it was because of JWH, Moa, O'Donnell and Cordner rather than Kennedy.

While I have been disappointed with how Kennedy has performed I think releasing him would be a silly move. I think the major issue with him is that he is actually a workhorse style prop as opposed to the big meter eater his frame suggests he should be.

Catch ball, run hard. Am I the coach yet?

Active Now

• Browny
  • Johnny92
  • Footy Fanatic
  • LittleDavey
  • broncos4life
  • Skyblues87
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Sproj
  • broncotville
  • bert_lifts
  • Nerd
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Foordy
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • Skathen
  • Dash
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.