NEWS Kevin Walters interview

He'll be struggling to make the side based on last year's 'efforts'.
You mean being injured most if the year ... besides if last years efforts are the guide for selection, then well only have Staggs, Haas and Carrigan in the side

So it sounds that Lexie has lost the captaincy for the time being and will need to prove himself again if he wants to be re-instated. Fair enough though, apart from the one game he was player/manager he was pretty underwhelming due to lack of fitness and niggling injuries.
I don't think it means anything... any new coach coming in (especially to a wooden spoon side) is not just going to rubber stamp the previous seasons captain.

You mean being injured most if the year ... besides if last years efforts are the guide for selection, then well only have Staggs, Haas and Carrigan in the side

Of course I agree with this, the only realistic option for captain is Carrigan and he is nowhere near ready yet and doesn’t need that burden. None of those three guys are ready and no one else deserves to be in the team aside from Farnworth, once again, what terrible roster management.

We’re looking at giving captaincy to Milford because...there is no one else.

Giving it to Milford doesn't seem the worst idea, either he clicks and we have a good season or he doesn't and we have a shit season and he's gone next November anyway after taking a lot of the heat that would otherwise fall onto Carrigan or anyone else who is a feasible option for the captaincy.

I disagree. Our squad has already started to become stronger simply due to a renewed sense of hope. I do agree it's lost experience and an excellent player in DB but aside from that mention in context there'll be no more discussion on him. Your position could be argued 'for and against' with equal validity.
Walters has hope, haven't seen much from any of our players that makes me think they do. This off season we have seen several people leave the club, one forward get renewed on too much money, and no new signings.

I hope I'm wrong, but we have the worst backline in the comp, and a forward pack that got dominated every week this year.

Who do you see us beating this year? Because the Bulldogs, titans, warriors, all look to be improving.

What would you have Walters do with a half we are paying 1 million to? Just throw his hands up and say not my problem I didn't sign him let the **** play QCUP? What that restore your rapidly diminishing confidence in Walters?
I dont have the answers mate, just my opinion on Milford has not changed in the past few seasons, and i think he has had plenty of chances to show what he can do, and i dont know Kevvie can do anything to help him.
Kevvies hands are tied and doing what he can with a shitty situation.
I hope Milford comes good, i just dont think he will.

Last edited:
But...but ...but...Milford gets paid a million a season, surely he's expected to carry the other 16 players......and then make every winning play and every winning tackle..... in every game we play. I mean for a million bucks a season, the lazy fat **** should be the goal kicker as well......yeah?

For a million a season, if Milford can't single handedly win every game for Brisbane next year, we should get rid of the hopeless scumbag from Inala.......I mean really, Inala ?? Tells you all you need to know about his football skills .........

🙄🙄
Wish i could get paid a million buckaroo's a year to fail fucking miserably at my job.
No one is letting the rest of the team off the hook, but the rest of the team isn't on top dollar.
There are blokes in our side on half or less of Milfs money, playing 10 times better footy.

I think it will, he's in a contract year, he has incentive.
Hope you are right.
Im jaded on Milf, but i would love to see him come good and finally earn that paycheck.

There are blokes in our side on half or less of Milfs money, playing 10 times better footy.
No..not really. The bar is held a lot higher for Milford than every other player in the squad. Their 10x better footy, is still a game Milford would be otherwise criticised for....in relative context.

and rightly so.....he's on million dollars a year !!!

Give it a spell abashii. Were you under a rock when Benji Marshall lamented on how lazy Milford was at training? A player of Benji's experience and character doesn't just say shit like that for no reason.
Benji is jealous, up himself piece of shit and likes no one other than Benji! The reason he always has a sore back is because he's constantly kissing his own arse!

Walters has hope, haven't seen much from any of our players that makes me think they do. This off season we have seen several people leave the club, one forward get renewed on too much money, and no new signings.

I hope I'm wrong, but we have the worst backline in the comp, and a forward pack that got dominated every week this year.

Who do you see us beating this year? Because the Bulldogs, titans, warriors, all look to be improving.
I expect to see the Broncos become expansive in their scoring, entertaining even. I think KW will bring a siege mentality back, the Broncos versus the world. I'd fully expect there won't be any area that doesn't show improvement.

Sure, it is everyone's goal but KW will deliver. Good times ahead.

No..not really. The bar is held a lot higher for Milford than every other player in the squad. Their 10x better footy, is still a game Milford would be otherwise criticised for....in relative context.

and rightly so.....he's on million dollars a year !!!
The bar is held high for everyone at the Broncos. Where were you when Boyd wasn’t playing well enough? What side were you on then? Milford being on a million dollars when a salary cap is in place means he needs to be playing like a million dollar player. He doesn’t need to be winning matches but he needs to be involved, which he actively avoids, even Boyd didn’t actively avoid involvement like this lazy prick does. The excuses are old, it’s time for our million dollar player to play like it. The rest of the bullshit you’ve typed isn’t true. Milford doesn’t get criticised when he tries.

Tom Dearden said of Walters:

“He played in a very successful Broncos side and won plenty of premierships. He’s been there and done that before so he’s definitely someone I’d love to follow in his footsteps and what he’s done at the club. Kevvie has such a big history with the Broncos so I’m really looking forward to learning off him. I can see he’s going to instil that culture back in the group and really bring the group back together.

“He’s an ex-halfback and five-eighth so I reckon I can learn a lot off him and what he does around the group. I’ve been at the Broncos since I was 13 years of age so it’s definitely the club I want to spend my whole career at. There’s a real good opportunity for me now so I’m looking forward to getting into pre-season training. I definitely want to be here long-term.

McHunt

‘Member when Fifita wanted to be there long term as well?
Member when titans made him the highest paid forward ever .
Member when Hodges left and came back to win a premiership.
Member when David Taylor left on big money and turned to shit.
Come on mate enough of the negativity, shit happens. We will always loose promising kids to big money offers but some Come back, and some are flops. Either way we still seem to keep producing them, and hopefully we can keep the right ones here .

Member when titans made him the highest paid forward ever .
Member when Hodges left and came back to win a premiership.
Member when David Taylor left on big money and turned to shit.
Come on mate enough of the negativity, shit happens. We will always loose promising kids to big money offers but some Come back, and some are flops. Either way we still seem to keep producing them, and hopefully we can keep the right ones here .

Fair enough but I'm just wanting some positive news from the club, anything at all positive would be welcome.

Fair enough but I'm just wanting some positive news from the club, anything at all positive would be welcome.
Direct quotes from a young halfback saying he wants to be here long term isn't positive??

Take a look at what's happening down in Penrith with Crichton... this place would be in meltdown mode if Dearden was quoted saying similar things.

The onus is now on the R&R team to lock him down, but Dearden is saying the right things.

Fifita was also saying the right things and I dont really think quotes from his recent interview suggest that he wanted away from Brisbane, just that Titans threw crazy money at him.

R&R team failed to lock him down, but the ball is back in their court to not let it happen again.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • NSW stables
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Old Mate
  • BruiserMk1
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Robboi_321
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • Kev_Guz
  • sooticus
  • phoenix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.