NEWS Kevin Walters interview

Also I didn’t type that sentence. You’ve added two parts of different sentencesZ You can’t misquote someone like that and act like you have an argument.
Wot? Are you saying didn't type this;
The bar is held high for everyone at the Broncos. Where were you when Boyd wasn’t playing well enough? What side were you on then? Milford being on a million dollars when a salary cap is in place means he needs to be playing like a million dollar player. He doesn’t need to be winning matches but he needs to be involved, which he actively avoids, even Boyd didn’t actively avoid involvement like this lazy prick does. The excuses are old, it’s time for our million dollar player to play like it. The rest of the bullshit you’ve typed isn’t true. Milford doesn’t get criticised when he tries.
Its plainly an excerpt from a paragraph ...you wrote.

Wot? Are you saying didn't type this;

Its plainly an excerpt from a paragraph ...you wrote.
What the ****? Of course I typed that. I’m saying I didn’t type the hack job you misquoted. Even your underlined part misses the “like this lazy prick does”. Implying they’re not on the same level, except one gets defended like he’s half of this boards cousin.

This might be the dumbest argument I’ve ever had on here. Dishonest spin that’s easily proven to be incorrect. I think the correct answer to your initial comment of who is talking shit now is you.

...yeah righto. I can see why my leaving “like this lazy prick does” out of what I quoted, changes the complete context of what you typed.

No Way Wtf GIF by The Lonely Island

I'm out.

...yeah righto. I can see why my leaving “like this lazy prick does” out of what I quoted, changes the complete context of what you typed.

No Way Wtf GIF by The Lonely Island

I'm out.
Because it was a comparison and apart from three questionable missed tackles Boyd has never avoided work, especially at training. He was piss poor for his last two years but when we were struggling he was still trying but where was Milford? Nowhere to be seen. You’re trying to spin this into something it’s not. Either way you’re still the one who was speaking shit. Cya

Kevvie likes rocking out well used lines doesn't he, every interview is starting to feel the same.

Fair enough but I'm just wanting some positive news from the club, anything at all positive would be welcome.
Tell yourself you're an optimist! Mate, I'm already excited for season 21 and totally expect to again have a team fighting until the 80th minute. KW was a part of many great teams and he and Alf sat alongside champions AND average dudes who surpassed expectations.

Between them they'll build us again. KW won't tolerate shit *****, non contributors in the team. Next year we'll improve and the following year we will truly explode. Have some faith( ha ha ha ,coming from me!! ) KW has a steel backbone and under the jocularity is a genuine hard nut. I don't give a **** who we sign, we already have the troops to be competitive. Yes, to go next level above competitive we need at least 4 guys but they're coming in 22. Great days ahead mate.

Tell yourself you're an optimist! Mate, I'm already excited for season 21 and totally expect to again have a team fighting until the 80th minute. KW was a part of many great teams and he and Alf sat alongside champions AND average dudes who surpassed expectations.

Between them they'll build us again. KW won't tolerate shit *****, non contributors in the team. Next year we'll improve and the following year we will truly explode. Have some faith( ha ha ha ,coming from me!! ) KW has a steel backbone and under the jocularity is a genuine hard nut. I don't give a **** who we sign, we already have the troops to be competitive. Yes, to go next level above competitive we need at least 4 guys but they're coming in 22. Great days ahead mate.

Get with the times, we are on Season 33! :p

Everytime KW opens his mouth, I'm more convinced hes the right man for the job at the moment.
Hopefully a pre-season is enough to wash the Siebold off everyone and see what kind of players we really have.

Everytime KW opens his mouth, I'm more convinced hes the right man for the job at the moment.
Hopefully a pre-season is enough to wash the Siebold off everyone and see what kind of players we really have.
I could not agree more. Realistically I don’t think that Kevvie is a 10 year coach with us and probably not the one to get us a premiership (hope I’m wrong about that) but he is exactly what this team needs right now.

I'm rooting for Walters, and i hope he kills it and turns this team around. But when he comes out and fully supports players like Milford, i have my doubts.
I know he has his hands tied and is working with what is available, and i hope for his sake it works out.

But im so far over Milford being a Bronco that his involvement at any level makes me fear we are facing more of the same.
This talk of Milford being captain has me worried, this talk of Milford being the backbone of the team has me worried.
No accountability for the season Milford just had has me worried.
We are making captain possibly the worst player on the side from this past season and putting all our chickens in his basket.
Has me worried, not optimistic.

I'm rooting for Walters, and i hope he kills it and turns this team around. But when he comes out and fully supports players like Milford, i have my doubts.
I know he has his hands tied and is working with what is available, and i hope for his sake it works out.

But im so far over Milford being a Bronco that his involvement at any level makes me fear we are facing more of the same.
This talk of Milford being captain has me worried, this talk of Milford being the backbone of the team has me worried.
No accountability for the season Milford just had has me worried.
We are making captain possibly the worst player on the side from this past season and putting all our chickens in his basket.
Has me worried, not optimistic.
He's here for one more year, why not get behind him and give him the opportunity to do well. If not don't re sign him and chase Munster.

He's here for one more year, why not get behind him and give him the opportunity to do well. If not don't re sign him and chase Munster.
As i said:
"I know he has his hands tied and is working with what is available, and i hope for his sake it works out."

Still feels bad man. Milford was one of the worst players on the paddock for us this season, and to give him the captaincy feels like rewarding mediocrity.

Walters on TPJ:

“We’re really pleased with the condition he’s come back in."

“It was interesting on the time trial everyone else took off with excitement which is expected from the young players but the old bull, and he’s not that old either, he took his time and he finished off with a really good time. We expect Tevita to be a huge player for us next year. He’s got skills that not many players have. We’ve seen glimpses of what he can do but we need to see more of that next year."

“From the discussions that we’ve had, we expect that to happen. He’s a good fella and we’ll get him going in the right direction and he’ll be a real asset for us. His attitude has been excellent."

“He’s got a lot of ability and we haven’t seen the best of him yet. It’s wonderful to have these players in our organisation and it’s up to all of the playing staff and performance staff to have him in the right frame of mind. He’s another one who can be a real linchpin for our season next year.”

McHunt

Walters on TPJ:

“We’re really pleased with the condition he’s come back in."

“It was interesting on the time trial everyone else took off with excitement which is expected from the young players but the old bull, and he’s not that old either, he took his time and he finished off with a really good time. We expect Tevita to be a huge player for us next year. He’s got skills that not many players have. We’ve seen glimpses of what he can do but we need to see more of that next year."

“From the discussions that we’ve had, we expect that to happen. He’s a good fella and we’ll get him going in the right direction and he’ll be a real asset for us. His attitude has been excellent."

“He’s got a lot of ability and we haven’t seen the best of him yet. It’s wonderful to have these players in our organisation and it’s up to all of the playing staff and performance staff to have him in the right frame of mind. He’s another one who can be a real linchpin for our season next year.”

McHunt
So Milford to captain to steer the ship, and the guy that spent more time on the sideline due to suspensions than on the field, also shopped himself to the roosters, broke the covid bubble putting the entire game at risk, and associated with bikies during the lockdown is Kevvies solution?

Im losing faith more and more each day with this no eyebrowed knuckelhead.

I know this might be a bit harsh, i like KW, i really do, but i dont feel like he is the sharpest tool in the shed, and his decisions leave a lot to be desired.
Pretty worried about the Broncos for the foreseeable future if im going to be honest.

Feel free to come back and give me a whole world of shit for this post, should 2021 and beyond turn out great for us.

Last edited:
As i said:
"I know he has his hands tied and is working with what is available, and i hope for his sake it works out."

Still feels bad man. Milford was one of the worst players on the paddock for us this season, and to give him the captaincy feels like rewarding mediocrity.
I see your point here but there's another way to view this. It could be that KW is tacitly giving Milford 6 or so games to aim up both as team player and team captain. If he doesn't see improvement off with his head, back to ISC and captaincy gone.

This way he still gets a result even if Milford fails to meet target. The result I speak of is the message it sends to the remaining players. Perform or perish regardless of pay rate and standing. If KW chops him when he's a million dollar captain KW will chop anyone.

That's the hard edge coach the team needs and what I saw in Flanagan. No debate here concerning Cronulla or anything remotely to do with them.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • bb_gun
  • Spooky1013
  • BroncosAlways
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Battler
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.