NEWS Kevin Walters interview

So Milford to captain to steer the ship, and the guy that spent more time on the sideline due to suspensions than on the field, also shopped himself to the roosters, broke the covid bubble putting the entire game at risk, and associated with bikies during the lockdown is Kevvies solution?

Im losing faith more and more each day with this no eyebrowed knuckelhead.

I know this might be a bit harsh, i like KW, i really do, but i dont feel like he is the sharpest tool in the shed, and his decisions leave a lot to be desired.
Pretty worried about the Broncos for the foreseeable future if im going to be honest.

Feel free to come back and give me a whole world of shit for this post, should 2021 and beyond turn out great for us.
I think you already answered your own concerns. He's stuck with Milford for 2021 regardless now and in that circumstance I can completely appreciate him getting behind him and going all in on getting the best out of Milford. Personally, I tend to agree with you that it's a dubious prospect at best and the 2015-2017 Milford is possibly long gone and never coming back, but as there is nothing Kevvie can do about that this season he may was well publicly get behind one of the few guys he has left in the squad who at least USED TO BE a gun player and try his best to make it work with the hand he has been dealt.

Walters on TPJ:

“We’re really pleased with the condition he’s come back in."

“It was interesting on the time trial everyone else took off with excitement which is expected from the young players but the old bull, and he’s not that old either, he took his time and he finished off with a really good time. We expect Tevita to be a huge player for us next year. He’s got skills that not many players have. We’ve seen glimpses of what he can do but we need to see more of that next year."

“From the discussions that we’ve had, we expect that to happen. He’s a good fella and we’ll get him going in the right direction and he’ll be a real asset for us. His attitude has been excellent."

“He’s got a lot of ability and we haven’t seen the best of him yet. It’s wonderful to have these players in our organisation and it’s up to all of the playing staff and performance staff to have him in the right frame of mind. He’s another one who can be a real linchpin for our season next year.”

McHunt
“It was interesting on the time trial everyone else took off with excitement which is expected from the young players but the old bull, and he’s not that old either, he took his time and he finished off with a really good time.”

- Everyone else took off with excitement.
- TPJ took his time
- Old bull (24)

i wonder how he placed? Sounds like Kev is trying to put a positive spin on someone being lazy

I hope you fellas are right, im seriously trying to look at this with the glass half full, but this season has made me a glass half empty bloke it seems.

I hope you fellas are right, im seriously trying to look at this with the glass half full, but this season has made me a glass half empty bloke it seems.
we're stuck with him for 1 year so may as well try and get him firing again. at least the silver lining is by giving him the extra responsibility, and a coach that's worked successfully with him before, he really has no excuse.

if he fires, good for us, if he doesn't, we save a million. i'm inclined to agree with those that are saying 2021 is a holding year.

Kevvie likes rocking out well used lines doesn't he, every interview is starting to feel the same.
Yeah, but to be fair, he's really being asked the same questions, so what else can he do but give the same answers?

As i said:
"I know he has his hands tied and is working with what is available, and i hope for his sake it works out."

Still feels bad man. Milford was one of the worst players on the paddock for us this season, and to give him the captaincy feels like rewarding mediocrity.
Hasn't happened yet but it would be a strange move , then again who else.

I'm rooting for Walters, and i hope he kills it and turns this team around. But when he comes out and fully supports players like Milford, i have my doubts.
I know he has his hands tied and is working with what is available, and i hope for his sake it works out.

But im so far over Milford being a Bronco that his involvement at any level makes me fear we are facing more of the same.
This talk of Milford being captain has me worried, this talk of Milford being the backbone of the team has me worried.
No accountability for the season Milford just had has me worried.
We are making captain possibly the worst player on the side from this past season and putting all our chickens in his basket.
Has me worried, not optimistic.
Yeah I hear you, and 2020 Milford being the captain is a concern, but 2015 Milford being captain is a great choice
I'm thinking that KW is backing himself to get Milford into 2015 form, and then all this makes sense
I just hope his ability matches his confidence :)

Weather we like it or not, we're stuck with a million dollar player for 2021, and the coaching geniuses here want KW to bad mouth and make public his lack of faith. Jesus Christ.

Whatever you think of Milford, KW is making the right moves and saying the right thing from a stratetigic point of view to give his best player EVERY chance to succeed under a new system.

Weather we like it or not, we're stuck with a million dollar player for 2021, and the coaching geniuses here want KW to bad mouth and make public his lack of faith. Jesus Christ.

Whatever you think of Milford, KW is making the right moves and saying the right thing from a stratetigic point of view to give his best player EVERY chance to succeed under a new system.
You know what would make me feel better than lip service and coached positivity for the media?
A straight talker.

If Kev came out and said "Anthony is in poor form, and has not been earning his keep, this season, we are giving him all the tools and responsibility to turn that around to salvage his career, and the same go's for TPJ who almost saw himself cancelled by the NRL, let alone the Broncos, this is his chance to prove he still belongs in this competition, and this club, i would have a lot more faith in KW.

I get it, the Broncos are a business and you have to show solidarity with the club, it just feels so backwards to imply that one of our worst players (regardless of his paycheck) is potentially going to be captain, and the club hinges on this guy turning his form around, not to mention heaping praise on a guy who couldn't stop getting suspended all season.

You know what would make me feel better than lip service and coached positivity for the media?
A straight talker.

If Kev came out and said "Anthony is in poor form, and has not been earning his keep, this season, we are giving him all the tools and responsibility to turn that around to salvage his career, and the same go's for TPJ who almost saw himself cancelled by the NRL, let alone the Broncos, this is his chance to prove he still belongs in this competition, and this club, i would have a lot more faith in KW.

I get it, the Broncos are a business and you have to show solidarity with the club, it just feels so backwards to imply that one of our worst players (regardless of his paycheck) is potentially going to be captain, and the club hinges on this guy turning his form around, not to mention heaping praise on a guy who couldn't stop getting suspended all season.

There has been enough media and the bleeding obvious form on the field and off it to know what's real. That for mine is more than enough. Let's just get on with it, or do we need further public crucifixions for Kevvie to establish his bona fides

There has been enough media and the bleeding obvious form on the field and off it to know what's real. That for mine is more than enough. Let's just get on with it, or do we need further public crucifixions for Kevvie to establish his bona fides
Public crucifixions?
KW is bona fide with or without the media, he is the coach, end of story.
Im just saying, it would be nice if we got honesty, and not club guided image control.

Or do you really think Milford deserves to be captain of this once great club?
As i said earlier, i know KW is working with what he has got, and has to try things to get a result, and i hope it works.

Public crucifixions?
KW is bona fide with or without the media, he is the coach, end of story.
Im just saying, it would be nice if we got honesty, and not club guided image control.

Or do you really think Milford deserves to be captain of this once great club?
As i said earlier, i know KW is working with what he has got, and has to try things to get a result, and i hope it works.

I believe Walters has made his views clear. I believe most of us on here support and endorse Kevvie as our coach, the best option, for 2021. So I am with him and support him all the way. If he wants Milford as an option for captain that's good enough for me

A straight talker.

He needs to do that though, his players need to know that he supports them publicly and I want that in a coach. Kevvie has said this year they all did not play well and he has identified a disconnect between a lot of stakeholders at the club. This public backing is essential to trying to harmonise and unite a fractured basket case of a club. He is also trying to do this with moron bosses, so he NEEDS to get the players on side because he doesn't have the board with him. I am sure behind closed doors he is telling his players exactly where they stand.

A straight talker.

The only positive in what has been an awful year is that you have nothing to do with the club.

I believe Walters has made his views clear. I believe most of us on here support and endorse Kevvie as our coach, the best option, for 2021. So I am with him and support him all the way. If he wants Milford as an option for captain that's good enough for me
Not me man, i support Kevvie as coach, but i wont blindly follow decisions i don't agree with.
I am glad i dont have his job, thats for sure, he has to make the hard calls and wear the consequences, be they good or bad.

Really the only thing i don't like is giving Milford the captaincy, as i don't think he deserves it in any way.
I understand the idea that this is a crunch point for Milford, and Kev is using that to his advantage, it just doesn't feel right.
The captain of the Broncos should be earned, and a reward, not a tool to pull a bloke out of shit form and make him work for his millions.

Not me man, i support Kevvie as coach, but i wont blindly follow decisions i don't agree with.
I am glad i dont have his job, thats for sure, he has to make the hard calls and wear the consequences, be they good or bad.

Really the only thing i don't like is giving Milford the captaincy, as i don't think he deserves it in any way.
I understand the idea that this is a crunch point for Milford, and Kev is using that to his advantage, it just doesn't feel right.
The captain of the Broncos should be earned, and a reward, not a tool to pull a bloke out of shit form and make him work for his millions.

I am not knocking you for disagreeing with Kevvie's decisions. I welcome your thoughts. It's what this place is all about. My point was and is that I feel enough has been seen, and heard about the shit form of Milford, TPJ's bullshit, and the crap we saw dished out by most of this side in 2020. We don't need more evidence for what we already know.

What we need is to see the players reward the faith that Walters has shown in them by performing on the field where it matters, and we won't know that until season 2021. Equally, we need to show faith in our new coach, otherwise, what's the point?

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Aldo
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Manifesto
  • sooticus
  • lynx000
  • broncsgoat
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.