OFFICIAL Kevin Walters Steps Down As Broncos Coach

Seems like people are disagreeing with Madge because of what happened at the end of his time with Souths

?? Won the GF then lost 5 or 6 players to retitement or Union .
Next season lost Reyno and Sutton . A lotta folks here were excusing Kevvie because he lost Herb . Flegler , Capewell and Palasia .
See some paralells ?

That Matty Johns vid has swayed me . And I think they pretty much confirmed where he wanted to coach in the NRL . He also said NRL is where he wants to be above Origin .

I'm also not on the Maguire train at all. He burns his teams out and has taken both previous teams on a sharp nose dive. You think our lazy bunch of prima donnas are going to respond to his military sergeant type coaching?

If we are going an experienced coach, it has to be Arthur. Now I am not saying that would be my pick but his teams have had winning seasons almost every season he has been a coach the whole season, he would be a very good get, the stats don't lie in this case and he also has that 'buddy' aspect that the players seemed to like with Kevvie.

Then you've got the list of next group of rookies:
- Hannay (I'd get behind that)
- Young
- Wallace
- Parker (haha)
- Ballin
- Teo
- Slater
- Smith
- Burgess
- Reynolds (captain-coach)
- Hornby

Then you've got...Barrett or Big Ears, boy oh boy.

Then the left field ones:
- Hagan
- Meninga,
- J.Graham,
- Wane
- Lam
- Peters
Watch the Matty Johns vid bro .
Pretty sure Madge has already had talks with the Broncos . They were trying to keep it under wraps but let on ....

Not really.

DD did exactly what was needed, and did it decisively. A strong administration leads to a strong club. A quick, clean death is a good death. The players would have leaked it.

Hopefully this puts to bed DDs credentials. With the Siebold like performance in 24…the writing has been on the wall for some time. I have no doubt DD has a short term and long term plan. Well done DD.

Rest up Kev. Great player and a nice bloke.

The decision to sack a coach (Kevvie) isn't made by the CEO (DD) although he would have certainly had input.

The final decision is made by the board ... DD just pulls the trigger

When does the Board face consequences for their continued rubbish decisions. Not replacing Ben Ikin with a strong football manager to support the coach and now it seems the coach is taking the fall for the lack of support from the front office and from the players performance.

That`s why Ikin left .
It was Kevvie`s way or the hi way . Ikin took the on ramp .

I`d put a fitty on it .
Though after watching that vid I think the odds would be very short .
Definitely. It’s paying $1.01….
IF you can get on with your local betting agency.

PSA: Gamble responsibly

weed out any pea hearts in the pre-season (cough, Cobbo, cough).

Could it be Cobbo is a lot tougher than people give him credit for ?
I think he was playing injured most of the season . But ,,, they kept on selecting him in 1st grade .
Should he have told Kevvie and Co , nah boss I`m not up for it ? Or just kept on getting pain killing injections and soldiering on when he obviously couldn`t perform at his best ?
That would be the coaching staff deciding , no ?

The thing with Madge is that he's a smart coach.

He's not this 24/7 hard ass that will just flog the players and have a tough love approach. He has the ability to adapt. If a player doesn't respond to being flogged and given tough love, he will work with that player to find a way to get through to them, to get them to buy in and get the best out of them.

He's acknowledged that the approach he had at Souths after their GF win was the wrong one. He's learned lessons from his time there.

He's the best candidate hands down and he could do wonders with this squad.

Could it be Cobbo is a lot tougher than people give him credit for ?
I think he was playing injured most of the season . But ,,, they kept on selecting him in 1st grade .
Should he have told Kevvie and Co , nah boss I`m not up for it ? Or just kept on getting pain killing injections and soldiering on when he obviously couldn`t perform at his best ?
That would be the coaching staff deciding , no ?
Didn't he have 2 or 3 weeks off towards the end of the year when the police investigation was happening? He had his sook time last year too, when he went to find himself and his will to play. He isn't shy in asking for time off.

Well that press conference was a load of shit. The Kev part was a tough listen, you could hear the tears. DD not fielding any questions is weak af. I get why Kev wouldn't take questions but this is DD's job ffs.

Active Now

• Accept
  • Swordfish
  • Gaz
  • broncsgoat
  • Scdeac
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Wild Horse
  • Broncosgirl
  • KnToad
  • Nightwatchman
  • azza.79
  • Lurker
  • Battler
  • mitch222
  • Dexter
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Manofoneway
  • Ondi
... and 27 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.