OFFICIAL Kevin Walters Steps Down As Broncos Coach

It had to happen. You’re still a great guy, a top dad and Broncos legend Kev.

Let me be the first to say the fact you resigned means we will never know if you could have turned the ship around next year with a fully fit squad.

I’d much rather there was room for this argument as opposed to you being allowed to proceed into 2025 and failing miserably and then being sacked. As it would have seriously tarnished your legacy.

I just know if you go back to the media as a job you’ll still not be able to find a bad word about the club. There is no doubt you love the club. Despite some of your shortcomings I’m sure the majority of BHQ still love you.

Thanks for season 2023, that was (for the most part) an awesome season to be a Broncos fan.

So should they have waited for some clear air so it could be a big story?

What difference would that make?
The point is that guys like Karl Morris and co are covering their ass so that they cop the least blowback as possible. Whatever you think about the decision on Kevvie and his coaching ability he is not the main reason that the Broncos have not been what they should be for the last decade plus.

It's about accountability. It's going to drift away into the off season. Especially if there is anything controversial or an upset in this weekends games. If I was a fan I would want a guy like Morris to front up and explain the decision. Instead broncos fans/members will probably get a press conference announcing the new coach in a month and it will be just about moving on and the biggest problems at the club will skate free again.

The point is that guys like Karl Morris and co are covering their ass so that they cop the least blowback as possible. Whatever you think about the decision on Kevvie and his coaching ability he is not the main reason that the Broncos have not been what they should be for the last decade plus.

It's about accountability. It's going to drift away into the off season. Especially if there is anything controversial or an upset in this weekends games. If I was a fan I would want a guy like Morris to front up and explain the decision. Instead broncos fans/members will probably get a press conference announcing the new coach in a month and it will be just about moving on and the biggest problems at the club will skate free again.
The new coach will probably have to announce it in his own press conference or the media will probably do it.
I wouldn’t blame any of our players for leaving the club it’s a total shitshow

Bit surprising. I guess those exit interviews with the playing group did not go well otherwise he would still be there.

I find it fucking hilarious that the gutless suits and front office members drop this just the day before the prelims when it isn't going to be as big of a headline. Acting exactly like a political party and the usual Friday afternoon news dump. Weak as piss.
Tbf there is no good time. Gf next week then gf premiership talk.. then pacific cup etcetera.. then we need to appoint someone before November so he can get to work to sort out this shit show. They must already have a replacement ready to go surely.

The new coach will probably have to announce it in his own press conference or the media will probably do it.
To be honest mate, I couldn't give a **** if half of them were fired into the sun. There is probably only 5 or 6 players I'd be disappointed if they went. Couldn't care less about the others.

Not sure about that.
I think Kevvie was given the review results and saw what the players were thinking and called it himself.
Even if it was the club the players feedback can be the only reason this was done.

Could be that the club stepped in after the review and took some power away from Kev, so he bailed.

If it’s Maguire it will be the other way round, some short term gain and then more massive long term pain.

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • Santa
  • Johnny92
  • BRC088
  • bert_lifts
  • Socnorb
  • mitch222
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Shane Tronc
  • RolledOates
  • MrTickyMcG
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Gaz
  • Morepudding
  • phoenix
  • Wild Horse
  • Harry Sack
  • jd87
  • broncos4life
  • MTF75
... and 29 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.