OFFICIAL Kevin Walters Steps Down As Broncos Coach

Just popping in from my rugby league sabbatical….

Come On Television GIF by CBC

I have thoughts. I’m really surprised my initial reaction is overwhelming sadness for Kevvie that it didn’t work for him.
No one I wanted more than Kev to succeed here.

WHAT THE ****!?!?

Unless you have Bellamy coming in, what the hell happened that we sacked a coach 12 months after making a grand final!

Maybe he had lost the dressing room...

I don't want to go through another rebuild...

New coach will either be Madge or JD (which would be a fail in my opinion, he didn’t win it last time and didn’t last long at Souths)

We won’t be losing any big time players. Obviously all the players, and likely the assistant coaches who are all leaving, said he was shit in that independent report and that’s why they pulled the pin.
i dont know if thats a good thing though. last thing you need is the inmates runing the asylum.
this jsut feels very west tiger amateurish from us to be honest.

but i could be proven wrong and the incoming coach is a gun and the players get a major attitude adjustment and perform next year

Going by the release from the club Kevvie decided to step down.
Stepping down was the only way it could be sold to the old boys, etc. after the GF last year... but it will be questioned whether he was pushed.

You would hope that it's true and it was his decision based on him thinking he has taken the team as far as he could and potentially saw results coming out from the review... however he did sign new assistants and if he decided to step down immediately then it would leave the club in a tough place to find a new coach.

It will be a hard sell for the pub test

Active Now

• RodF
  • Manofoneway
  • Financeguy
  • johnny plath
  • Nightwatchman
  • leish107
  • BroncsNBundy
  • BRC088
  • mrtij
  • BruiserMk1
  • bazza
  • broncos4life
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Big Del
  • Waynesaurus
  • eggstar10
  • Swordfish
  • Maroon4life
  • jarro65
  • bert_lifts
... and 38 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.