OFFICIAL Kevin Walters Steps Down As Broncos Coach

Thanks for your efforts big Kev.

Unfortunately, too many times there were no answers to multitudes of questions.

Repeatedly going into must win games and not showing up. Yes, the players are the ones on the pitch, but the coach will always be the one rightly or wrongly held ultimately accountable.

A shame, as he really wanted to succeed, but now we have to move on.

Only one man for me, Billy Slater. But that's not going to happen.

Madge already declined the Parra job. Its Josh Hannay, Michael Cheika or Brad Arthur

That’s the worry for me. Agree with the decision if others at the club are out the door as well. But our options for a head coach look terrible

Lots were calling on for it, but I didn’t expect it. shame for Kev because he’s a great bloke but unfortunately the club needed to capitalise on the 2023 year and it was a failure instead

Hope we have someone not named Trent Barrett or Ben Te’o lined up
I did not expect this at all, I was certain he'd get it next year after 2022 to 2023. I'm happy that the club had the balls to be ruthless tho.
To not even have a coach lined up, shit pre season already coming…
I think they would have a coach lined up

What's the go with the assistants then?
Wouldn't a new coach want his own team, one of the assistants better not get the role.

But going from the podcast with Matty Johns and McGuire. Sounded like Madge has spoken with the club
If a new coach comes in and doesn't want to bring his own team with him... I'd have concerns up front

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Hoof Hearted
  • bert_lifts
  • Mustafur
  • azza.79
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Gaz
  • Swordfish
  • Nightwatchman
  • Accept
  • broncsgoat
  • Scdeac
  • Wild Horse
  • KnToad
  • Lurker
  • Battler
  • mitch222
  • Dexter
  • MrTickyMcG
... and 28 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.