OFFICIAL Kevin Walters Steps Down As Broncos Coach

Some of his press conference reactions were very strange but to blow up at your own review just takes the cake. Club legend but a very strange person indeed.
I think the pressure got to him. Was obvious he was crumbling.

The imaginary crumb wiping off the table, "but yeah billy was good" in response to mozer praise and other odd comments throughout the year.

Being Broncos coach might be the toughest job in Aus sport.

Sure , but what excuses are allowed after a loss ?
The NSWRL are conspiring against the Broncos ?
The Bunker is biased against the Broncos ?
We had player X , Y ,Z not available ?
It`s Origin and we have to play the Warriors away ?
The Ref is biased and secretly in cahoots with betting companies ?

All sound fair and reasonable . Please feel free to add to the list any you might think are valid .

Blame the other members for wanting to take your job.

Definately saw a slight bump, but because it was reported, it wasn't a big traffic day.

The majority of our traffic is lurkers.

Can we have it, you have to be a member to view here.

Madge and Reyno were a premiership winning team.
Reynolds played on a team Madge coached to a premiership, but he was probably third or fourth most important player on it.

GI and Sam Burgess were the superstars, and John Sutton was the captain and also played second row inside Reynolds in the Grand Final.

It's not a knock on Reynolds, it's just putting it into perspective.

No one we'd want to keep.

It will be interesting. The new coach, whoever that could be, will be there before Nov 1 and have some ideas around who he wants/doesn't want.
Might be some fairly direct conversations take place.

Listening to Madge talk in the Matty Johns interview - he mentioned how important it was for him to learn the fabric of the club at Souths. And also with the Kiwis about learning about their culture and understanding it. He also mentioned how he learned from what happened at South at the end.

I think he's our guy. Never thought I'd say that.

Listening to Madge talk in the Matty Johns interview - he mentioned how important it was for him to learn the fabric of the club at Souths. And also with the Kiwis about learning about their culture and understanding it. He also mentioned how he learned from what happened at South at the end.

I think he's our guy. Never thought I'd say that.
That’s better than burn the boats

The club called a meeting of all players this morning - simulcast on Zoom for holidaymakers - they're going after Madge to be the next coach.

Reynolds played on a team Madge coached to a premiership, but he was probably third or fourth most important player on it.

GI and Sam Burgess were the superstars, and John Sutton was the captain and also played second row inside Reynolds in the Grand Final.

It's not a knock on Reynolds, it's just putting it into perspective.
He was the man person carrying out the game plan though for sure.

And Walsh, haas and carrigan are ahead of him at the broncos now as far as playing level... I don't get your point. I don't think the post was insinuating that Reynolds and macguire dragged the team to a premiership alone, just that they did it together...

The club called a meeting of all players this morning - simulcast on Zoom for holidaymakers - they're going after Madge to be the next coach.
I never considered Madge a great option until the Matty Johns podcast convinced me. I said at the time it felt like a set up to get Madge the broncos gig.

It was on September 9. Less than 20 days later it looks like Madge has the job.

I’m not sure what the angle was entirely but it feels to me that things were already in motion by the time Madge did that podcast. If so, what was the point of it?

It felt disrespectful to Kev at the time. Was it a planned PR piece to win good favour with the public before the whole charade of Kevie’s due process played out? It was a great piece of propaganda

@McHunt , you usually have pretty good theories around these media dances. If I gave you permission to entirely speculate, what is your thoughts on what occurred?

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • pennywisealfie
  • Sproj
  • MaroubraBroncos
  • LittleDavey
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • Dash
  • jarro65
  • Big Del
  • Jason Simmons
  • Santa
  • Manofoneway
  • Yellowfella
  • heartly87
  • Allo
  • Tim K
  • Browny
  • Footy Fanatic
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.