THE COACH Kevin Walters

Standing ovation applause

****, I'll put my hand up and admit I was less than thrilled with Walters' appointment. Not that I thought he'd suck, but it just seemed like a lazy effort to appease the ravenous "old boys" who were seen to have been white-anting Seibold after Kev was initially overlooked.

At best, I thought if it worked, we'd at least have some of our legends back on side, a bit more harmony around the place, and even if our performances on the field didn't get much better, at least we'd seem like a less poisoned club if and when a better coach became available. At worst, I thought we'd end up like a Tigers or Eels where the club is divided because you have meddling has-beens pulling one-way, board members in suits pulling another, and self-interest on both sides destroying any chance of the system working.

I was, quite obviously, very wrong.

Master stroke by Kevvie, @McHunt is looking at this wrong.

Had the boys won the minor premiership, they could have thought they'd made it, sat back and rested on their laurels that, 'well at least we won the minor premiership' and think they are better than they are.

This way, they've won nothing yet and as Kevvie keeps saying, 'We aren't there yet' and so they keep pushing with no fall back consolation prize. They still need to prove themselves and now have that 0.1% extra motivation that might take them all the way.

Brilliant coaching.
Think Kevvie might have re-qualified himself with that performance. Mind you, Bellamy also rested his squad. Fat lot of good it did him.

****, I'll put my hand up and admit I was less than thrilled with Walters' appointment. Not that I thought he'd suck, but it just seemed like a lazy effort to appease the ravenous "old boys" who were seen to have been white-anting Seibold after Kev was initially overlooked.

At best, I thought if it worked, we'd at least have some of our legends back on side, a bit more harmony around the place, and even if our performances on the field didn't get much better, at least we'd seem like a less poisoned club if and when a better coach became available. At worst, I thought we'd end up like a Tigers or Eels where the club is divided because you have meddling has-beens pulling one-way, board members in suits pulling another, and self-interest on both sides destroying any chance of the system working.

I was, quite obviously, very wrong.
I was certain he was what the club needed to put a broom through the trash, but in the back of my mind I expected he'd be an interim appointment. The end to last season was maybe the most depressing time I can remember at the club. Up there with the spoon. Whatever changed in the off season clearly made all the difference. Would love to get an inside opinion on what it was.

I heard a voice screaming from the rooftops of brisbane late last night.. "but paix can dart from dummy half like cook!"

I realised it was just Mchunt, rolled over and went back to sleep.

Would have beaten them by fifty with a Smoothy-Paix combo.

Active Now

• Santa
  • davidp
  • The Strapper
  • Aldo
  • Sproj
  • Justwin
  • mitch222
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Financeguy
  • teampjta
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Manofoneway
  • Johnny92
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mister Wright
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.