THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Dropped and moved on so Billy could have a shot in the halves from memory.
No he wasnt moved on. The club (and rightfully so) chose to pursue an experienced half in Adam Reynolds first before making an offers to other players. He got offended because he was the second coming of Alfie Langer apparently and signed with the Cowboys immediately. Had he waited like 3 weeks later when the club signed Reynolds officially, he could have thought oh wait the club has done this to help the younger halves in the team of which I am apart of.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
If you seriously think the reason why he have been losing games is from dropping the ball you don’t know what you are watching lol

I've seen us get on the wrong end of possession early in the last few games and rally late in the game only to come up short. It also leads to conceding penalties and the like because they'd be doing whatever they can to slow down the ruck and get the ball back.

Easiest way to not concede penalties is not drop the ball, pretty easy to understand actually.

Chewed

Chewed

QCup Player
Feb 1, 2017
Easiest way to not concede penalties is not commit penalties. We can't defend errors and penalties, don't need a penalty merchant out there doing double the damage since we can't catch either.

Bench has been aweful too. Injuries and all, but realistically everyone's had injuries.

We lost our 7. So did Panthers, Storm lost their 6. His jobs to build a competitive squad as well as coach. We went into the season with 5 hookers and 2 second rowers, who's responsible for squad make up.

We had 4 hookers signed til 26, before Billy was extended, dumb roster management.

Every assistant coach seems to want out, how many have said Billy isn't it?.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Is there anybody still on the "nepotism" does not exist train?
Are you implying he wasn't chosen to be the most marketable face of the club on merit?

Incidentally, statisticians are citing this photo as the exact moment our season started going to shit.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
It’s not about being positive it’s about being realistic. Kev has a bad track record statistically coaching and I have been told by an actual former broncos player that he is incompetent. I love Kev as a player but fans that constantly back him need to look past the fact that he is a bronco legend and not a good coach. I’m sick of the players getting constantly blamed and targeted for poor performances when it’s not their fault.

"......Its not their fault" ....... :rofl

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
No, I got sick of the same posters denying it even though there was a constant stream of evidence. I was also requested by staff to drop the subject matter as it had been done to death.

I assume its OK for me to bring it up again now.........staff? Can I?

No...EAD.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
What do you reckon pays more, being the CEO of the QRL or Head of Football for the Brisbane Broncos?
Incidentally how shithouse is the QRL at promoting the QLD Cup? The web site is even worse since Ikin took over. Fucking woeful.

Go look for footage of Va'a Semu, for example.

Broncosgirl

Broncosgirl

Deep in the Heart of Queensland
Contributor
Nov 9, 2022
I didn't choose any of them, but it seems like bad marketing across the board to me.
I thought I remembered reading something that players like Patty etc couldn't go due to time frames. They wouldn't have had their required 10 (?) weeks off if they had gone off to Las Vegas.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I thought I remembered reading something that players like Patty etc couldn't go due to time frames. They wouldn't have had their required 10 (?) weeks off if they had gone off to Las Vegas.
Yeah sure, Patty/Payne/Reece/Riki or any of the other pretty boys wouldn't have wanted an all-expenses paid junket in Vegas spoiling their "holiday."

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Yeah sure, Patty/Payne/Reece/Riki or any of the other pretty boys wouldn't have wanted an all-expenses paid junket in Vegas spoiling their "holiday."

Look at who is in the poster.

It's not a Brisbane Broncos thing, not a single player in that poster would be the face of their club, not a single one of them.

Unread

Active Now

• JamesC
  • broncsgoat
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.