THE COACH Kevin Walters

Yep, totally agree regarding the coaching. I was more making a seperate point. The club seems to think the playing group is good enough and Ikin has said as much too. Their actions back this up so if they playing group isn’t winning or improving than there’s no one to blame but the football department.

I not only agree he should get to round 10, I actually think he deserves the whole season but the club should be actively looking at all options - they should do this regardless of how Kev is travelling.

One final point though is that he doesn’t need to respond to the last 2 weeks. He needs to respond to the entire season - our win record has absolutely distracted from how bad we were in the opening 2 rounds. We looked horrible in the trials, played terribly in round 1 and 2 but lucked out against teams that couldn’t hold the ball or find the line, and have been exposed the last 2 rounds against teams that will be lucky to make the 8. As I’ve said before, we’ve only scored 3 ties from actual attacking structures. 20+ less points for than this time last season.

Yep on your final point, this is a massive concern (among many). I was excited because I thought alright, it isn't pretty but the resolve is there and if that stays, the prettiness can follow. Instead, it went the other way and now the grittiness and resolve is gone.

I think we showed a fair amount of grit in the first two wins without looking polished at all in attack. Also if we are anywhere near last by round ten Kev gets the boot imo.
No need to boot Kevvie, just his assistants.

Would we take a head coach who has a 76% win rate at top grade level with multiple finals wins?

By way of contrast Bellamy has a winning % of 70%?

Kristian Woolf - 46 years of age - Qlder and has coached at the Broncos

NRL and ESL coaching record: 54 games - won 41 - winning percentage 76%

Won the 2020 Super League Grand Final
Won the 2021 Super League Grand Final
Won the 2021 Challenge Cup Final

Representative coaching record - Tonga - 15 games - won 9 - winning percentage 60%

One of his first coaching roles - Ignatius Park College - whilst he was teaching there - Won the Qld State Schoolboys Championship in 2004

Cowboys NYC Coach - took them to the finals in 2010 for the first time. 2011 - took them to the Grand Final beaten by the Warriors in golden point.

2012 - joined the Broncos as assistant coach to Griffin.

2015 returned to NQ as inaugural coach of the Blackhawks. Blackhawks finished first and lost the grand final to Ipswich.
2018 - left the Blackhawks role in September to take up an assistant coaching gig with Newcastle. Appointed interim head coach when Brown quit the role.

Kristian Woolf - 46 years of age - Qlder and has coached at the Broncos

NRL and ESL coaching record: 54 games - won 41 - winning percentage 76%

Won the 2020 Super League Grand Final
Won the 2021 Super League Grand Final
Won the 2021 Challenge Cup Final

Representative coaching record - Tonga - 15 games - won 9 - winning percentage 60%

One of his first coaching roles - Ignatius Park College - whilst he was teaching there - Won the Qld State Schoolboys Championship in 2004

Cowboys NYC Coach - took them to the finals in 2010 for the first time. 2011 - took them to the Grand Final beaten by the Warriors in golden point.

2012 - joined the Broncos as assistant coach to Griffin.

2015 returned to NQ as inaugural coach of the Blackhawks. Blackhawks finished first and lost the grand final to Ipswich.
2018 - left the Blackhawks role in September to take up an assistant coaching gig with Newcastle. Appointed interim head coach when Brown quit the role.
Thought so. I’ve been suggesting Woolf for a while now. I think he’s the best option there is.

Brown?? He watched him coach his side to a comfortable victory over the Broncos yesterday.

He might be watching Barrett and Griffin per chance?
Yeah, only glanced at the box, thought it was Brown but nah🤣

He has been my pick for a while as well. He or Fitzgibbon. I posted back in July and August 2020 that they should have been going after Fitzgibbon.
There was a rumour a few weeks back that Dolphins are chasing Woolf hard as an assistant. Likely with the plan of taking the top job after Wayne.

We may need to act soon if that’s an option.

Walters only chance was getting some assistants who have a clue. He failed at that and it's only going to make him look bad. We are the fucking Broncos, we should be able to get anyone we want.

John Cartwright- Most known for missing out on Steve Turner and whinging for months on end. Was praised for making the finals twice in a row in a competition where half the teams make the finals. Then missed the finals as the game passed him by 4 years in a row. Joined the Cowboys as an assistant to Johnathan Thurston and whatever other chump coached them to the premiership that was handed to them in 2015.

Terry Matterson- Castleford Tigers coach, got relegated in 2006. Lost a game to the Barrow Raiders. Career Super League mid level coach.

It's just fucking embarrassing.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.