THE COACH Kevin Walters

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
I just want to go back in time to an alternative timeline where he stays at Souths just see at what point the wheels fall off.

Though the ultimate dream would be for Seibold to somehow get the job at Melbourne after Bellamy moves on, and then watching him completely dismantle them into nothingness. It would be a win-win situation.

It's nice to want things I guess lol There is a higher chance of Yellowstone erupting than Melbourne ever giving that turd a job as a cleaner.

L

Locky888

QCup Player
Aug 28, 2015
We should go after Brad Thorn when his QLD Reds contract expires at the end of 2023, the same time Kev's contract expires. The stars aligns.

Emanon

Emanon

QCup Player
Apr 26, 2021
We should go after Brad Thorn when his QLD Reds contract expires at the end of 2023, the same time Kev's contract expires. The stars aligns.
It's not the worst idea. The only question mark would be could he transition from coaching union to league?

What ended up happening with Shaun Wane? Did he not want to come over from England or did clubs just stop looking at him?

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
It's not the worst idea. The only question mark would be could he transition from coaching union to league?

What ended up happening with Shaun Wane? Did he not want to come over from England or did clubs just stop looking at him?

I'd be open to considering Adriam Lam, he seemed to at least have a clue of what he was doing, the Tongan coach or keeping a keen eye on Brett Hodgson.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I'd be open to considering Adriam Lam, he seemed to at least have a clue of what he was doing, the Tongan coach or keeping a keen eye on Brett Hodgson.

I think Woolf is the only coach i'd consider from super league tbh. Lam did well at Wigan, but i'm not sure he liked the pressure of being at Englands biggest team at times, so i'm not sure how he would cope here.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I think Woolf is the only coach i'd consider from super league tbh. Lam did well at Wigan, but i'm not sure he liked the pressure of being at Englands biggest team at times, so i'm not sure how he would cope here.
Would love for Woolf to get a high paid assistant role next year then take over in 2024.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Watching what Fitzgibbon has achieved with Cronulla in just 6 games, all it does is illustrate how not up to snuff Walters is.

no it doesn't when you consider how much easier the job was with the Sharks than the mess Seibold left Kevvie.

Morris did a decent job with the Sharks, if fact them sacking him early was probably the deciding factor in them missing the finals

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
no it doesn't when you consider how much easier the job was with the Sharks than the mess Seibold left Kevvie.

Morris did a decent job with the Sharks, if fact them sacking him early was probably the deciding factor in them missing the finals
The closest I can think is Brad Arrhurs joining eels in 2014.

Inherited a team that had just won back to back spoons.

Finish 10th, 12th, 14th before making the finals in 2017 (4th) and has made the finals every year except 2018.

Gaz

Gaz

NRL Captain
Contributor
Oct 7, 2017

It’s about time to admit it - the Kevolution is not the solution. He knows as much about coaching as you and I - **** all.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
He needs to be allowed to show the combinations he has put together and that situation is constantly being disrupted. At least to the end of the season to show a fast improving squad.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019

I think the other way would be significantly more difficult, Thorn is an intelligent guy I have no doubt he could do the job, as far as I know he is already pretty integrated with the broncos as it is doing his current job as well.

B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
Watching what Fitzgibbon has achieved with Cronulla in just 6 games, all it does is illustrate how not up to snuff Walters is.
I get where you are coming from, but to be fair, Fitzgibbon didn't inherit a basket case like Walters did. The initial signs from him are good though, but he is still untested. Let's see how he goes when he faces some adversity.

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
I just want to go back in time to an alternative timeline where he stays at Souths just see at what point the wheels fall off.

Though the ultimate dream would be for Seibold to somehow get the job at Melbourne after Bellamy moves on, and then watching him completely dismantle them into nothingness. It would be a win-win situation.
If you read between the lines he’s basically calling Brisbane stupid for not following a game plan

Unread

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Brocko
  • Porthoz
  • winslow_wong
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.