THE COACH Kevin Walters

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Unable to read the whole story, but I'm sure Kevvie won't be over the moon with stories of Broncos' legends waxing lyrical about how the team won by ignoring the coach's game plan.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
Here's an interesting piece by Corey Parker on how the team ignored Wayne's game plan, and they all lived happily ever after. I wonder if this was the atmosphere under Seibold?

EDIT: Didn't realize this site is now behind a paywall. If you don't have access to the Code, like this post and I'll send you a copy.
Would love a copy mate. Sounds interesting.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
Unable to read the whole story, but I'm sure Kevvie won't be over the moon with stories of Broncos' legends waxing lyrical about how the team won by ignoring the coach's game plan.
It was more around how its not all on the coach, and that the senior players need to work with him to drive the culture and success of the team. Bunch of young kids don't cut it.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
It was more around how its not all on the coach, and that the senior players need to work with him to drive the culture and success of the team. Bunch of young kids don't cut it.
You can read it in a few ways:

1. Wayne had to manage a team of swollen heads who thought they knew more than him. They decided to go their own way, and won (because of it, says Parker). Fast forward a few days and Bennett asked why they didn't raise their concerns at the time and that he would've taken stock. It's good to talk.

2. It's hard to pinpoint when the rot set in at Red Hill, but some say it was during Corey Parker's captaincy. Was he just one of the egos that were out of control and was it already spiraling?

3. Corey is sharing some wisdom, saying don't do what they did. Talk it out with your coach. Coaches are cool.

4. Corey is taking credit for being smarter than Wayne. Hire him as an assistant coach.

The way I read it is he's dropping a few respected names as his cohorts and making it sound like a brains trust. Change those names to Lodge, TPJ, Boyd and Milford and the coach to Seibold, and see how it reads. It sounds like mutiny, and why we needed a cleanout.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
What game was it in 2015?
Week 3 of the finals?

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Week 3 of the finals?

Hmm I remember there being some discussion about whose decision kicking for touch endlessly was in the second half of the GF.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Week 3 of the finals?

Wouldn't be that game - first or second line in the story mentions it was after a game they'd lost.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
The roosters game where Thaiday proudly declared even though we won and it was exciting footy we wouldn’t be playing that style again that season. We threw the ball around a lot that game.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Fozz
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fatboy
  • mieko
  • lynx000
  • MrMoore
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Redfern_1980
  • Aldo
  • Howie
  • Brocko
  • Behind enemy lines
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.