THE COACH Kevin Walters

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
Walters actually has some really bloody fantastic tactics tonight. If he gets the credit for every bad tactical game, he deserves it for the good ones. Absolutely out-coached fitzgibbon I thought (defensive tactics on the edges, bench use, edges sprinting in to shut down plays)

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Walters actually has some really bloody fantastic tactics tonight. If he gets the credit for every bad tactical game, he deserves it for the good ones. Absolutely out-coached fitzgibbon I thought (defensive tactics on the edges, bench use, edges sprinting in to shut down plays)

I agree and I thought he nailed his bench usage too. Kennedy in particular is an absolute weapon coming on late with limited minutes. He can just go out there and use his speed and mobility.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
I'm Happy with Kev for now, I don't agree with all the signings he made but he has definitely improved this team, I thought his usage of Paix was a good test to see what he was capable of and ultimately proved that he still needs work on his stamina but is definitely our best hooker. Good rotation with our bench forwards too.

His pick of TMM was absolutely correct which I never would of picked, I didn't know his capabilities at fullback thinking he was purely a 6.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Yeah full credit to, Kev. I feel like he got it all correct this week.
Our scramble defence has definitely improved on last year. Some of structures still need work as players get a bit lost at times. But credit where credit is due.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
i think we all need to remember that Kevvie is only in his second year of being an NRL coach, he's still learning a few things. Some good signs though and I'd still like to see him try to improve every part of his coaching team , and few more astute signings wouldn't go astray.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Geez, we're sitting in the eight at the moment. I'm almost getting a nose-bleed at these dizzying heights.

It's been a while since we were in the eight though and is real tangible evidence that the team is on the up.

Can we maintain it though, that's the question. I wanna see 3 wins in a row before I become a true believer.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I think we should expect to win 2 out of the next 3 .
Turbo due back for round 10... if we can handle him we could jag a win there.

I fear how we will go in Sydney next week only because of how poorly we travel... and also how dewy it is in Sydney (completely different conditions to what we're used to playing in).. they need to be prepared to grind out a full game against Souths.

Hopefully they look to really fire up for Reynolds... he will be keen as to get one over Souths and we know how well former Broncos play against us, so here's hoping we can return serve with a Reynolds master class... but he will need back up from his teammates

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Geez, we're sitting in the eight at the moment. I'm almost getting a nose-bleed at these dizzying heights.

It's been a while since we were in the eight though and is real tangible evidence that the team is on the up.
It's been a little over a month.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Turbo due back for round 10... if we can handle him we could jag a win there.

I fear how we will go in Sydney next week only because of how poorly we travel... and also how dewy it is in Sydney (completely different conditions to what we're used to playing in).. they need to be prepared to grind out a full game against Souths.

Hopefully they look to really fire up for Reynolds... he will be keen as to get one over Souths and we know how well former Broncos play against us, so here's hoping we can return serve with a Reynolds master class... but he will need back up from his teammates

I dont think any of the 3 sides we are playing are anything to worry about if we turn up. If we are turning things around, these are the sort of games we have to win.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Yeah full credit to, Kev. I feel like he got it all correct this week.
Our scramble defence has definitely improved on last year. Some of structures still need work as players get a bit lost at times. But credit where credit is due.

Credit to you for giving Kev credit where it's due

A lot of posters on here get stuck in their own heads on a particular view and aren't able to concede when they're wrong about something, instead they come with the old "yeah, nah, let's see them do it next week", instead of giving credit for doing something that they criticised the coach (or player) of not being able to do, or they'll deflect and credit someone else in an attempt to validate their view

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Credit to you for giving Kev credit where it's due

A lot of posters on here get stuck in their own heads on a particular view and aren't able to concede when they're wrong about something, instead they come with the old "yeah, nah, let's see them do it next week", instead of giving credit for doing something that they criticised the coach (or player) of not being able to do, or they'll deflect and credit someone else in an attempt to validate their view
Honestly there is nothing I would like more than for us to succeed under Kev. I actually think I might tear up if kev won a prem as coach. I think his heart might actually explode from joy.

I think he is also improving as a coach. His bench use is getting better and his team lists are less reactionary.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Honestly there is nothing I would like more than for us to succeed under Kev. I actually think I might tear up if kev won a prem as coach. I think his heart might actually explode from joy.

I think he is also improving as a coach. His bench use is getting better and his team lists are less reactionary.

I got no doubt he is/was in a phase of development himself, as a coach.

What he needs is the right people around him and between Ikin and DD, I think he has that. We can all debate who should and shouldn't be there as part of his support staff but even so, there's a few reputable individuals in that group too.

Unread

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Kev_Guz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Aldo
  • kat00
  • scobie
  • MrTickyMcG
  • The True King
  • FACTHUNT
  • Wolfie
  • Xzei
  • Alec
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.