THE COACH Kevin Walters

He and the team have improved a lot the last 2 weeks. What I want to see now is for us to go toe to toe with somebody like the Eels who have had the better of us the last few years.

We are building momentum now and we have a great chance to keep it going. We have shown what we are capable of, we have to maintain it.

He and the team have improved a lot the last 2 weeks. What I want to see now is for us to go toe to toe with somebody like the Eels who have had the better of us the last few years.

We are building momentum now and we have a great chance to keep it going. We have shown what we are capable of, we have to maintain it.
From the start I’ve maintainEd that 4 wins by the end of round 10 would be a pass as long as there was signs of improvement and that 5/10 would be quite impressive considering where we are starting from.

Kev has managed 5 with 1 round to go. Credit where credit is due.

I didn’t notice Cartwright in the coaches box tonight, is this normal?

He’s making a believer out of me!

Can’t believe how lucky we were to get Reynolds, he’s such a great leader.
His kicking game is absolutely elite. I know they bung on about Cleary's kicking game but it wouldn't be any better than Reynold's. He's one of the sweetest timers of the ball I've seen and just drops it on a 5 cent piece.

His kicking game is absolutely elite. I know they bung on about Cleary's kicking game but it wouldn't be any better than Reynold's. He's one of the sweetest timers of the ball I've seen and just drops it on a 5 cent piece.
Just the little things off the field too, like after the game he walked around the group sitting down congratulating each player. He’s just galvanised the side around him.

I feel like Reynolds is more accurate than Cleary, but Cleary just has an absolutely massive kick on him.

Reynolds drops punts consistently landing inside the 10m... and the amount of times it lands on the 1m is ridiculous... but Cleary can just put up the torp bombs from 55m out and have the back 3 scrambling to try and take it.

Or if they're well on the back foot he'll torp it from his own 30m to their 20m... instantly turning the field position battle on its head.

It's very difficult to win the possession and field position battle against panthers purely because of Cleary's kicking game

In the current 18 team comp, my power rankings are:

1. Storm
2. Panthers
3. Daylight
4. Cowboys
5. Broncos
6. Sharks
7. Eels
8. Dragons
9. Warriors
10. Roosters
11. Tigers
12. Sea Eagles
13. Rabbitohs
14. Bulldogs
15. Raiders
16. Titans
17. Daylight
18. Pongas

I honestly would put Reynolds slightly ahead at this stage, Cleary has a better running game which most wouldn't deny but I think Reynolds has him in the kicking department(both are elite though), He also has much weaker tools to work with and is still able to do this.

I never thought Reynolds could be this good tbh, I had watched alot of Souths games in previous seasons and they where massively under utilising him, where all he would do is kicking on the end of sets and set up Cody to do the big plays, even the kicking early mid tackle count was barely done.

In the current 18 team comp, my power rankings are:

1. Storm
2. Panthers
3. Daylight
4. Cowboys
5. Broncos
6. Sharks
7. Eels
8. Dragons
9. Warriors
10. Roosters
11. Tigers
12. Sea Eagles
13. Rabbitohs
14. Bulldogs
15. Raiders
16. Titans
17. Daylight
18. Pongas

Always looking for new excuses to compile a list

I never thought Reynolds could be this good tbh, I had watched alot of Souths games in previous seasons and they where massively under utilising him, where all he would do is kicking on the end of sets and set up Cody to do the big plays, even the kicking early mid tackle count was barely done.
You aren't the only one. He was generally first receiver at souths so it looked like he wasn't doing much(which couldn't be further from the truth). While Cody Walker got all the try assists and the flashy plays to pull off. I think Areyn already passed his total try assists from last year in only 9 rounds lol.

It's insane how good he is, I reckon he's in the elite tier with Cleary. He has completely transformed this footy side.

Active Now

• Canga
  • Skyblues87
  • Dash
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Mr Fourex
  • Johnny92
  • FACTHUNT
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Swordfish
  • Fitzy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Morkel
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • Kev_Guz
  • broncsgoat
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.