THE COACH Kevin Walters

I know, he couldn't even shine at a shit club Wests Tigers.
He’s a handy player no doubt but I just worry about how his presence effects the team. Will Kevvie ever drop him if he’s not playing well? Do the other players feel comfortable to tell him he needs to pick up his game or call him out for his errors?

And yet the pitchforks would be firing up, if this happened under Seibold's watch.
Kev has earned some goodwill for the 2 months of good form, otherwise I'd be much more vocal about wanting him gone. Even Melbourne looked shit for a month, I'll see how we bounce back next week before I call for Kev's head.

I do worry a little, that some of the team selections from the Parra game onwards have upset the team.

Something is off in the team as they are playing in the polar opposite direction to what they have been able to deliver.

I hope Kev can get ontop and sort it, as it could be his job on the line if we get toweled up the next 3 games.

Kev has earned some goodwill for the 2 months of good form, otherwise I'd be much more vocal about wanting him gone. Even Melbourne looked shit for a month, I'll see how we bounce back next week before I call for Kev's head.
He has, but the concerning thing is a lot of it has been self inflicted with baffling selections. It’s also concerning that that’s what they dish up after Kevvie’s pre game pep talk.

The reply you want is “yeah, we’ve tried hard to improve things this year. Not “no we haven’t improved”

No where, in the recollection of your supposed convo with him does he say "no, we haven't improved"

There is a big difference between having a long way to go and no improvement.

I realise Broncos fans demand instant premiership contention, but people have to realise how far back we're coming from. Nolan/Seibold did a real number on us

You'd rather that response than "yeah, nah, we're going to win the comp".. only to then go and get flogged

I think he knows where they're at and maybe us as fans got a bit carried away after the Parramatta game. If you go and break that game down, we had a bit of luck in how we ended up the ball in the leadup to a few of our first half tries. Our first try was a freakish soccer effort
I’d rather them believe they can win the comp even if that belief is delusional.

After the parra game, with where the team was on the ladder and the way they were performing, we had a team that was primed to make the top 4 and therefore contend for the comp.

edit: there is no way that a coach like Bennett, Bellamy, robbo, flanno, etc would have the mindset that we’re a ways off winning the comp (despite being in the top 4 or close to it) if they were in charge.

I’d rather them believe they can win the comp even if that belief is delusional.

After the parra game, with where the team was on the ladder and the way they were performing, we had a team that was primed to make the top 4 and therefore contend for the comp.

edit: there is no way that a coach like Bennett, Bellamy, robbo, flanno, etc would have the mindset that we’re a ways off winning the comp (despite being in the top 4 or close to it) if they were in charge.
HaHa this stuff does make me laugh, after the thrashing last night anything he says would be twisted. It’s for this reason I don’t know why coaches and players talk to the fans.

If his response was “Yeah we have improved out of sight, couldn’t be happier and get your GF tickets early” the same people ragging him for being negative would be saying how concerning it is that he can’t see where they are, or no wonder they got pumped if the coach is so far ahead of himself.

I think making the finals this year constitutes a pass mark and unless the faiders somehow don't **** it up, we're on course for that, so all things considered he gets another bite next year.

Next year however, I think there has to be a serious improvement, otherwise questions need to be asked. @ParraMania dropped a sobering stat last night, he's coached us 45 times for 20 wins and 25 losses. Yeah he inherited a shit side but this and next season is going to be largely Kev's team based on who he wanted/wanted to discard. If he doesn't improve next year, that stat is going to remain under 50% which isn't good enough and probably warrants a thanks for your efforts but we're looking elsewhere convo.

Maybe we can get Levi back with Turpin going, he is the leading Hooker in the SL for man of steel atm, and even though the points freeze at round 12 he has had plenty of good games after that(I think Lolohea has it in the bag though).

Screenshot 20220820 170208

Maybe we can get Levi back with Turpin going, he is the leading Hooker in the SL for man of steel atm, and even though the points freeze at round 12 he has had plenty of good games after that(I think Lolohea has it in the bag though).

View attachment 19600
I think Levi would have a bigger pay day staying in ESL rather than coming back here on a base contract

I think Levi would have a bigger pay day staying in ESL rather than coming back here on a base contract
I don't think Turpin was on a base contract, but with the salary cap going up next year we would have enough to give a bit more.

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • LittleDavey
  • Midean
  • Organix
  • bb_gun
  • Old Mate
  • Big Del
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Emanon
  • Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fitzy
  • Justwin
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Brotherdu
  • Harry Sack
  • winslow_wong
  • KateBroncos1812
  • barker
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.