THE COACH Kevin Walters

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Agreed. What all of this has done though, is expose how shit our depth is.

On this though, has it been confirmed exactly what the issue is with his hand? There was footage after the Origin game of him showing Haas something. Considering our injuries there's no way you risk him doing further damage to it.
We'll find out soon enough I'd say... there will usually be reporting happening from training... given they're coming back from NZ they may not have trained today?

Might all be back tomorrow morning so if Walsh is missing then something is potentially wrong

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
We'll find out soon enough I'd say... there will usually be reporting happening from training... given they're coming back from NZ they may not have trained today?

Might all be back tomorrow morning so if Walsh is missing then something is potentially wrong
Walsh, Carrigan and Haas will be back.

Broncapz

Broncapz

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
You know I think we're trying to play simple footy, as a response for trying to be expansive and exciting earlier and making a lot of mistakes.

Unfortunately to play simple footy, you also need to win the ruck, earn quick the play the balls and slow their ruck down. Simple footy isn't easier footy. I feel like our team + bench is too small to do this over a whole game against bigger teams.

Theres this real need for our team to play within the rules, but the best teams push and break the rules when it's smart too. Not on the 4th tackle on the halfway line. There is some real gamesmanship around 6 agains that we don't seem to be coached for. The good teams don't play not to give away 6 against and penalties, more often not they will give away a 6 again on purpose early just to set their line for the rest of the tackle. Good teams play not to give them away on their 4th on the halfway, but they certainly don't play to avoid them if itll advantage them.

What's concerning about Kevie is his "less mistaskes and we'll win" mantra isn't selling me, not when teams are winning the simple footy game of run hard, play the ball fast.

Honestly, I'd love to go back to expansive fun footy and honestly play with more fooy IQ to exploit rules / current meta.

OH AND SHORT FUCKING KICK OFFS ARE A MUST TO BE GOOD AT

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Mate they're arbitrary as ****...... no one knows what they're for half the time.

How do you coach to that?
Gave bloke in a bar a brief listen after origin and Mitch Pearce almost explicitly commented on how effectively the refs manage the games via 6 agains etc.

Not that we don’t all know it but it was interesting to hear someone who played the game come out and say it

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
"I think it is a really smart decision," he said.

"There's still nine rounds left in the competition. They've still got to get through another Origin game yet.

"I'm just looking after them and putting them first. We know if they get through this period, it's full steam ahead.

"We did the same thing last year. Didn't seem to bother anyone too much last year. No-one noticed. Funny, that.''

Because we were fucking winning and in a great position, Kevvie. We could afford to rest them. Our season wasn't on the line when you chose to rest them.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Gave bloke in a bar a brief listen after origin and Mitch Pearce almost explicitly commented on how effectively the refs manage the games via 6 agains etc.

Not that we don’t all know it but it was interesting to hear someone who played the game come out and say it
Mitch Pearce....is that Mitchell Pearce?

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
I have a suggestion .
Seeing as the Broncos play the majority of their games at night . Train at night ??
The ball gets wet from dew at night .There is artificial lighting .
But the players practice with a dry ball in the day time . Is there some thing to that ?

Finbar

Finbar

QCup Player
May 21, 2018
Train at night ??
I seem to recall that Kevvie did have us doing some night sessions. 1910 posted last year, "Lights in at Clive B Centre. Won't have to go across the road when Kevvie wants to train at night."

It's a good idea though. If we are playing 90% of our games at night, ideally you would want to be training 90% of the time at night. Players might not appreciate it though.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
I have a suggestion .
Seeing as the Broncos play the majority of their games at night . Train at night ??
But the players practice with a dry ball in the day time . Is there some thing to that ?
I think you might be onto something there mate. Didn't Pies have them train with balls covered in detergent for a while?

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
We should seek flora to sponsor us too. That way we could also lather our fingers with butter at training as well.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
I have a suggestion .

They did an opposed session last week against Souths at night.

Lostboy

Lostboy

BRL Player
Feb 21, 2024
I have a suggestion .
Absolutely!
I have been saying this for ages.

Though I do wonder why we are so bad at day games when we train during the day.........

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Bronco bob
  • Lurker
  • Manofoneway
  • johnny plath
  • Waynesaurus
  • leon.bott
  • Big Del
  • Lostboy
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.