THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I guess it also depends on who’s available and interested, in addition to how the last games play out. A strong finish will probably save him but if the fall continues, especially now that the whole squad is back, then it may just be enough to take action on.

Big decisions for Dave coming up
Does-nothing-donuts will just assure us that the club will give Kevvie all the resources he needs to hang himself so they can avoid making a decision

Kev is in the same boat as Sticky. The media are very gentle in regards to bagging him. Any other coach would be getting, fairly or unfairly, belted in this position.
There's no need to sack him. They can move him sideways. Reunite the Langer/Walters combo: Alfie with the drink bottle, Kevvie the towel.

Just make Reynolds captain/coach. If his on the field great, if not he can coach in the box, perfect. Maybe save dollars there too.

Losing the GF in that matter and performing this poorly, and comfortably missing the 8 the next year with this roster should be unsrurvivable for anyone.

You've got 0 assistants for next year so if you were going a new coach, they could at least pick their own assistants.

Do we wanna be ruthless and unforgiving of failure in pursuit of being the best once again, or are we happy as is since we made a GF and still make bulk cash as a club?

Over to you DD.

That press conference was a train wreck from Kevvie too.

A reporter said:
"...you need to win every game to have any chance to make the finals"

Kevvy's response:
"...well we've just got to win.... well not so much win.. uh-- well we gotta win"

Who do you think is going to make the call? Karl Morris? 🙄
Most likely the club owners and sponsors would make them calls. Brisbane Broncos are meant to be the best team in Queensland and we'll be lucky to get near the top 8. Changes are needed otherwise I can't see any improvements.

I've seen enough, the manner of the losses are a serous red flag and I'm not hearing anything from Kevvie that leads me to think he can turn it around.

Time for a change.

Mediocrity is not something this club should accept, considering at the moment we are not even reaching mediocrity means it's time for him to go.

Is Matt Ballin definitely leaving to go to the titans? Because that alone is pretty concerning imo. It’s not exactly a ringing endorsement is it…

Most likely the club owners and sponsors would make them calls. Brisbane Broncos are meant to be the best team in Queensland and we'll be lucky to get near the top 8. Changes are needed otherwise I can't see any improvements.
Yeah, Lachlan might notice next time he checks the ladder while taking a shit.

I've seen enough, the manner of the losses are a serous red flag and I'm not hearing anything from Kevvie that leads me to think he can turn it around.

Time for a change.

Mediocrity is not something this club should accept, considering at the moment we are not even reaching mediocrity means it's time for him to go.

It's been a massive problem for this club for the better part of 10 years. The whole place is drowning in complacency.

Many thought the entry of the Phins would turn things around. It hasn't.

Just watched Walters press conference, actually has no answers. The constant quote or we were just a bit flat... it's been a flat 2024.

Cobbo didn't look himself, Mariner I feel got shown out as a center. While Jensen gives it a hot crack he just isn't the starting prop we need to bend their line, we just rely so much on individual brilliance and Hass and Carrigan to win games for us.

Simply Walters has no answers to turn this around his "I belive in what we are doing " what going back at a rate of pace?

Put a line through 24 and possibly his coaching CV.

Presser, just flat, not sure why...

Maybe origin...

Sorry Kev, that's 5 home losses in a row we're we have had big crowds and you've said similar things.

It's tiresome.
Yeah, because we weren’t falling off tackles last week or conceding offloads…FFS anyone who has watched us play this year can see it’s not a one off performance because they were “flat”, when it happens every week it is not the exception, it’s the rule. This roster is simply too good to be playing this poorly every single week. The buck stops with the coach. End of story.

Some really good suggestions here on this forum but you guys don’t need to worry, Kev and Billy to 2026 baby. Ezra is going to be a Milford 2.0, playing for years doing **** all. Blake mozer to join roosters and succeed well then we will look to resign him maybe 2027 for twice as much. Cobbo will get fatter I reckon an extra 20kg. Corey Oates will be our bench utility till 2029 he still has it in him. Billy will be captain and tell dad to make sure anyone with talent dosent get too many minutes because he needs to put food on the table. 2025 we will resign Karmichael hunt and will be promoted to first squad halfback (been lighting up Reggie’s). For the record this is satire, or is it?

Active Now

• theshed
  • bb_gun
  • Dash
  • Battler
  • pagey
  • Redfern_1980
  • Johnny92
  • Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Old Mate
  • Spooky1013
  • The True King
  • Xzei
  • Allo
  • Foordy
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.