THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
What I don't get is we have Haas in the front row and we have Patty, both of them can poke their nose through and get their arms free to get an offload away.

Why aren't we using that to our advantage? Why isn't Reece running off their hip when they take a hit up?

Why isn't this fucking being coached into them?

What I don't get is we have Haas in the front row and we have Patty, both of them can poke their nose through and get their arms free to get an offload away.

Why aren't we using that to our advantage? Why isn't Reece running off their hip when they take a hit up?

Coaching, and - here we go again - having an NRL standard dummy half sniffing around the maul.

This applies to so much about our team right now.

Not using elite forwards to their strengths, not getting back rowers or edges 1 on 1 ever, not adapting to what our opposition is throwing at us, ever. 1 off running out of trouble, making no metres over and over again.

Short kick offs, kick off return sets (why are we always getting tackled within 5m of our line on kick off returns?).

We see Walsh tonight kick a beautiful 40/20 down the left, the bloke clearly has a boot. Do we ever set up with Reyno down the right and him down the left to try keep the opposition guessing on kick pressure? Nah...

Have to earn the right to offload.

Which is difficult to do when your back five struggle to work the ball out of trouble.

Personally I think they should just score more tries and concede less tries.

I’ve been trying to give Kev his credit for a while now but I just don’t know how to justify missing the finals with the team we have. One thing if we lost a bunch of gutsy 1 or 2 point losses but we have looked awful. The injury excuse is gone now too.

A bunch of talented players with no idea what to do. Athletic enough to do something spectacular when a risky play bounces their way but zero structure or systems.

Plenty will say “who is available better than Kev?” and I don’t have an answer for that. Hope the club does though
You are right, there isn't a better available coach. We sacked Bennett, believing Siebold had the Melbourne Storm clinical mind. Total failure.

Kevin has done a lot in regards to that roster overhaul. Arey was a masterstroke.

I again think the roster needs an overhaul. Too much money tied up in marquee players. Hass isn't worth the money. Horse trade him. I wouldn't go into a bidding war for Cobbo or Walsh. We need balance and hardworking tradesmen. Our kick chase and returns are woeful.

I'm not sure of what's available to bring balance back the squad, but I wouldn't be fighting for any off contract players, but Willison or Mozer. Our edge, bench, and backs are a problem. Not too mention Reynolds body is unreliable, and Mam can't play without Reynolds.

Too many fires to fight. I think DD has his work cut out. Kevin is very vulnerable in 2025. I believe he'll be the first coach sacked. I called JD early as well. Could be Benji, but Kevin has fallen very hard. Injuries, dropped ball, and all the other excuses fell away after being schooled by Ciraldo. Night and day between coaches.

Pete being cynical...Look what you've done to him Broncos!
Been a rough couple of years for BP. Been around long enough to remember the times we won comps instead of throwing them away.

Have to earn the right to offload.

Which is difficult to do when your back five struggle to work the ball out of trouble.

Personally I think they should just score more tries and concede less tries.

Even when we do, we don't do it.

We saw it against the Dragons last year but since then it's been rare. We only have one player in the top 50 for offloads and that's Patty at #30.

Wonder where we would be if we didn’t get lucky and get Walsh back after Kevvie fucked up lost him?
It’s true but even having Walsh is creating problems for us. He’s gotta get a lot better too. He’s not fit enough and is very often out of position. Let’s not even get started on his errors and brain snaps

You are right, there isn't a better available coach. We sacked Bennett, believing Siebold had the Melbourne Storm clinical mind. Total failure.

Kevin has done a lot in regards to that roster overhaul. Arey was a masterstroke.

I again think the roster needs an overhaul. Too much money tied up in marquee players. Hass isn't worth the money. Horse trade him. I wouldn't go into a bidding war for Cobbo or Walsh. We need balance and hardworking tradesmen. Our kick chase and returns are woeful.

I'm not sure of what's available to bring balance back the squad, but I wouldn't be fighting for any off contract players, but Willison or Mozer. Our edge, bench, and backs are a problem. Not too mention Reynolds body is unreliable, and Mam can't play without Reynolds.

Too many fires to fight. I think DD has his work cut out. Kevin is very vulnerable in 2025. I believe he'll be the first coach sacked. I called JD early as well. Could be Benji, but Kevin has fallen very hard. Injuries, dropped ball, and all the other excuses fell away after being schooled by Ciraldo. Night and day between coaches.
Cant give Kev credit for Reynolds then not hope him responsible for all the squad issues you raised. Can’t have it both ways.

Pies is 1 manly win tonight away from having them top 4, with a fullback out most the year, 7 and captain, key forward out through origin and a weaker roster on paper. Let that sink in

Even when we do, we don't do it.

We saw it against the Dragons last year but since then it's been rare. We only have one player in the top 50 for offloads and that's Patty at #30.
We saw it in the 70th minute in the Dragons game, after all the hard work and bits of luck.

Typically when they do offload, it's a forced offload when they're either in a stalemate or they've lost the tackle.

It’s true but even having Walsh is creating problems for us. He’s gotta get a lot better too. He’s not fit enough and is very often out of position. Let’s not even get started on his errors and brain snaps
Sure, and I would like to think a young player would continue to improve, not sure he has this year & he’s not really alone.

Pies is 1 manly win tonight away from having them top 4, with a fullback out most the year, 7 and captain, key forward out through origin and a weaker roster on paper. Let that sink in
Maybe it's just the pressure cooker coaching the Broncos that Bennett created. Every coach is doomed

Active Now

• pennywisealfie
  • Turky Murky
  • Dash
  • Wolfie
  • Mighty Bronx
  • broncos4life
  • theshed
  • KickHaas
  • Bronxnationgirl99
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • azza.79
  • Big Del
  • Redfern_1980
  • pagey
  • Spooky1013
  • Bucking Beads
  • Allo
  • RolledOates
  • TwoLeftFeet
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.