THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sure, and I would like to think a young player would continue to improve, not sure he has this year & he’s not really alone.
Absolutely but we can only call them young players for so long. 50 games of NRL is plenty of footy.

Have to earn the right to offload.

Which is difficult to do when your back five struggle to work the ball out of trouble.

Personally I think they should just score more tries and concede less tries.
Our back 5 have been a big issue all year.
Our forwards are getting monstered because our back 5 are either going sideways or getting driven back.
No metres or quick play the balls to start our sets.

Pies is 1 manly win tonight away from having them top 4, with a fullback out most the year, 7 and captain, key forward out through origin and a weaker roster on paper. Let that sink in

He wasn't the right guy to take over for the Broncos at that time, but I've always maintained his biggest problem was he was dealing with a dumb roster.

He doesn't have that problem at Manly.

Cant give Kev credit for Reynolds then not hope him responsible for all the squad issues you raised. Can’t have it both ways.
I hold him responsible. I'm being generous to his coaching abilities.

I see us tracking the Siebold path. Already got Mam on big money. Resign a record breaking contract for Walsh, and resigning Cobbo on fullback money. He oversaw Hass contract and upgraded piakura. It'll be a disaster.

Kevin first coach gone in 2025. I will be sad, but not surprised. Kevin has no clue with rostering. He doesn't know what kind of game he wants to play. Just sign marquee players. Kevin is out of his depth. Have a look at his coaching record outside of the Broncos.

2025 I hope we will get better 🙏🏻 2024 has been tainted from Patty and Adam's bust up to the injuries also losing key players glaring at Fleger and Herbie and Capes.

A lot of coaches would be licking their lips to get their hands on our squad. Unfortunately, Kev is going nowhere unless we absolutely stink it up again next year.

This is BA at the eels all over again.

I'm not one to call for a coaches head (or a players head for that matter) after a poor run of losses or even after a poor season. A few points i do want to make about the current situation:

• It's far from ideal having two assistant coaches confirmed as leaving next year. There is no accountability for those two men, what happens the remainder of the year is inconsequential as they have jobs at other organisations next year.
  • Premiership windows are generally very short. I firmly believe we have the squad to challenge for a flag with two of the best props on the business, an attacking weapon at fullback, some strike out wide and enough quality filling in the gaps. The club needs to decide if Kev is the guy to win us a premiership. Not the guy to rebuild the club, not the guy to get bums on seats, not the guy to make sure we are competitive but the guy who CAN win a premiership. They can't afford to umm and ahh over it because before you know it reece walsh has lost a yard of speed, Carigan has passed his peak and the window is closed.
  • Following on from the above i don't think their policy can be "give him until mid next year". Its gotta be he goes at the end of this year or you're 100% behind him. Clubs don't win comps changing coach mod season. Its all or nothing.
  • If they decide he's the man moving forward he has to be given a strong team of assistants. If that means the club saying "no you wont hire Ben Te'o, you'll hire Corey Parker and you will instruct him to flog this team all pre season and be the real c*nt he is" then so be it.
  • Final point, we need the club to be building a winning culture. We missed the finals 21, were in the box seat for top 8 in 22 before failing late and missing it and now it looks like 24 will be another miss. I'm not calling for his sacking but the evidence is building that a serious discussion by the board needs to be had. Kev has done a great job getting the club to where it is now and there is no shame in him or the club admitting that he's taken this club as far as he can and its time to move on (similar to Nathan Brown i think it was at the knight's after he took them through the rebuild).

Does anyone have a resumé for Barrett?

I only ever notice him when he pops up to do a terrible job replacing s fired coach. What does he do between those gigs ?

Probably a mix of both. The players know it's Reyno that leads the team, not Kevin.

OK ,, so why didn`t Reyno tell Patty and the boys to spread out a bit on tackle 3 and 4 because the Dogs are shifting it wide in their own end ?
It was pretty damn obvious after the 3rd or 4th time . LOL .

I wouldn’t mind betting we soon start hearing murmurs from agents about their players fearing for their development if they stay at the club, particularly cobbo given he is on record as not rating Kevvie as a coach.

Active Now

• johnny plath
  • Tim K
  • Financeguy
  • Battler
  • Xzei
  • DMZ
  • KickHaas
  • Spooky1013
  • Big Del
  • Allo
  • Brocko
  • Culhwch
  • Footy Fanatic
  • BooKhaki
  • theshed
  • bb_gun
  • Redfern_1980
  • Bucking Beads
  • BroncosAlways
  • Ghost of Vlansys
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.