THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I wouldn’t mind betting we soon start hearing murmurs from agents about their players fearing for their development if they stay at the club, particularly cobbo given he is on record as not rating Kevvie as a coach.
I think I’m ok with not worrying about Cobbo. He’s a prime candidate to walk away from the game at any moment. He may not be mentally or physically up to playing NRL week in weeek out. He’s a fantastic talent but he’s struggling big time this year

I think I’m ok with not worrying about Cobbo. He’s a prime candidate to walk away from the game at any moment. He may not be mentally or physically up to playing NRL week in weeek out. He’s a fantastic talent but he’s struggling big time this year

Pretty much. Right now he's a taller, stronger Milford. Has the potential to play like Inglis but none of the mental fortitude to do so.

I don’t understand how this club has come to convince themselves that mediocrity is ok, that as long as we aren’t in a complete shambles we can just keep plodding along in complacency.

Seasons like this year were once considered unimaginable for the Broncos, let alone tolerated. It wouldn’t have mattered who you were, failing to coach the broncos to a finals spot, at bare minimum, would be considered a death sentence. Kevvie knows this, he’s quoted the expectations that come with the club before. Yet here we are accepting that we won’t be playing finals and that the coach is likely safe for next year?

To me it shows that accountability at the club is gone, the board is run by people who have no passion for the club and the majority owners have an almost institutional indifference to it, to the point that they cannot be seen to be actively engaged in improving our standing. It feels sometimes like we are a club owned by the Government, we may care but those controlling it don’t.

Pretty much. Right now he's a taller, stronger Milford. Has the potential to play like Inglis but none of the mental fortitude to do so.
Reminds me more of a slightly less talented Trell. You can't have one of your key players going MIA every season because they can't handle the week to week stress of the NRL. An incumbent QLD/ Aus rep like Cobbo shouldn't be getting torn to shreds in defence by Skelton...

I just really hope we move on from Kevvie in the off season and not waste another year next year. Don’t want to do what Parra have done. I’d go hard on Maguire. A tough edge hard working coach is what we need.
Yes and if the players don't like it, too bad, they can move on.
Sam Burgess could be a good option too.

Does anyone have a resumé for Barrett?

I only ever notice him when he pops up to do a terrible job replacing s fired coach. What does he do between those gigs ?
He's great at pulling the wool over people's eyes.

I think I'll stop watching when Walters inevitably gets the arse and that clown is given the reigns.

How did we even end up in a place where that's a possibility. Fmd.

I don’t understand how this club has come to convince themselves that mediocrity is ok, that as long as we aren’t in a complete shambles we can just keep plodding along in complacency.

Seasons like this year were once considered unimaginable for the Broncos, let alone tolerated. It wouldn’t have mattered who you were, failing to coach the broncos to a finals spot, at bare minimum, would be considered a death sentence. Kevvie knows this, he’s quoted the expectations that come with the club before. Yet here we are accepting that we won’t be playing finals and that the coach is likely safe for next year?

To me it shows that accountability at the club is gone, the board is run by people who have no passion for the club and the majority owners have an almost institutional indifference to it, to the point that they cannot be seen to be actively engaged in improving our standing. It feels sometimes like we are a club owned by the Government, we may care but those controlling it don’t.
It’s a business. The club keeps making good money on the back of clowns like us loving the team so much. It’s all green on the spreadsheets they’re happy.

Pretty sure Madge was one of the candidates to replace WB along with Seibold, KW, JD but that was when White was running things, so maybe no interest now

I just really hope we move on from Kevvie in the off season and not waste another year next year. Don’t want to do what Parra have done. I’d go hard on Maguire. A tough edge hard working coach is what we need.
Agreed. He may turn it around but you pretty much wave goodbye to the '25 season too if you sack a coach half way through. That'll be 2 wasted seasons in a supposed "premiership window". I kinda hope we lose out from here as that will make his position untenable. Based upon todays performance it's not completely outside the realm of possibility.

The goodwill from last year will be completely gone (already is in my opinion).

I wouldn’t mind betting we soon start hearing murmurs from agents about their players fearing for their development if they stay at the club, particularly cobbo given he is on record as not rating Kevvie as a coach.
Wouldn't be surprised. But again, what is his best position? Centre, wing? Also factor in rep duties, and he can't back up. How many regular games is he available for? Great hands, but maybe he's not in the Broncos best interests. How much money does he want? Value for money, he doesn't look good for many teams.

So Grand Final
to missing the semis
to out the door

Tough crowd.........

who'd want to be a Broncos coach hey...

get handed one of the worst performing wooden spoon teams in recent history ... rebuild the club, improving each year to the point you take them to the GF (narrowly going down to the best team in the modern era), then a year punctuated by injury, after injury after injury, which obviously causes the team to struggle and the fans (at least some vocal ones) demand your sacking.

I doubt a single sporting club in this country would sack a coach under the same set of circumstances.

The manner of this loss concerns me greatly it really does. Let’s see what Kevvie has got in the remaining month of this season. If we rack up more huge defeats like this, I don’t see him surviving which would be so sad after the amazing work he has done turning us around.

That said, losses like today do make you wonder about the dressing room because if he has lost them, we’ll know pretty quick and that would not only be sad for Kevvie, it would be a pretty big indictment on the players.

I would like to look even beyond the head coach and find out why we’ve looked so unfit this year compared to last. What changed there? However is in charge of fitness needs to be the first one fired, we’ve looked behind everyone else all year.

We need to get in an actually good, proven defensive coach. It’s of course the bleeding obvious but if we have a defense that knows what it’s doing, we win this whole thing. The fact we are so far off the pace means we need to look at those two departments first and foremost.

If players don’t buy in to hard work - see you later. I’m still hopin Kevvie can turn it around and unless we see more flogging, I think he will be given the chance to do so but whatever the case, go and but the best defense and fitness coach money can buy, throw the chequebook at them. This in itself will go a long way to turning things around.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • levikaden
  • Dash
  • Wolfie
  • Bucking Beads
  • Battler
  • azza.79
  • Sproj
  • Manifesto
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • kman
  • Broncosgirl
  • Spooky1013
  • Scdeac
  • Fitzy
  • Xzei
  • Redfern_1980
  • Foordy
  • broncos4life
  • Brocko
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.