Kevvie on NRL360

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Highlights:

Big focus on defence in the pre-season (YES)
Questioned on recruitment: "I keep hearing about how ordinary the Broncos are, yet the media tell us we've got Staggs, Dearden, Coates and Milford (Walsh unmentioned) all being chased by other clubs so can't be too much wrong" (I beg to differ Kev)
Who is playing in the halves? Gave nothing away. He clearly wants Parra in the dark for Friday night
Tallis came into the club and gave the players a spray apparently (color me legit shocked)
What is a suitable finish for the Broncos this year? Dismissed the question saying every game matters

Interview over. The dickheads then chimed in with their predictions

Ikin: Wooden spoon. The fact that Kev is playing mind games with the halves is a bad sign
Kunt: Down the bottom. Tough draw, didn't recruit well (recruit who?) and lost players.
Hooper: Mail is Croft will play 7. They've got a worse squad this year, Fifita big loss, Joe O Origin player , Boyd retired (lol)
Sloshfield: Gotta have a strong start, gonna struggle very early on. Quick whinge about Haas on the coast

Absolutely no finals.

Usually watch the first one because I'm starved of Footy tbh.

They aren't wrong. Our squad is worse than last year, we recruited terribly, we have one of the hardest draw in the comp, 2 of our best players won't be there for 3 and 12+ weeks and we don't know what's close to our best 17.

Anything above 12th is over achieving, which for our club is a disgrace. It's a shame the media haven't bashed the board, they have a lot to explain.

They aren't wrong. Our squad is worse than last year, we recruited terribly, we have one of the hardest draw in the comp, 2 of our best players won't be there for 3 and 12+ weeks and we don't know what's close to our best 17.

Anything above 12th is over achieving, which for our club is a disgrace. It's a shame the media haven't bashed the board, they have a lot to explain.

The squad is average and I am as negative as anyone but if Kev can get them playing for each other and to stop fading out after 40 minutes, they could make 7 or 8.

Aside from the salary cap cheating teams, everyone else is pretty much the same.

Our squad is worse than last year
Yes and no. It might be on paper, but you look at the players missing big numbers of games last year (Bird was gone before round 1, Staggs missed 5, issaako 10, Turpin 14, Fifita 11, TPJ 11, Glenn 12, Lodge 14, Milford 7 plus played a few with a busted hamstring, and Dearden missed the first part of the season with no ISC so hadn't played footy for nearly a year) and unless we get a similar injury toll the squad's better for having most of those guys available. Not many teams can lose their fullback, backup fullback, backup backup fullback, 5/8, hooker, both second rowers, and most mature prop and still go alright.

Last edited:
Good point abasahii.

With Dearden, he did actually play the opening game of the 2020 season against the reigning wooden spooners PNG Hunter. In a worrying trend, he was fantastic in the first half and helped lead the Magpies to a commanding 30-6 lead after 55 minutes, only for PNG to storm home and pip them at the post.

On the flipside, Jordan Riki suffered an injury against the Cutters and as soon as he recovered, he suffered another set-back. Had he been fit, he would have received more game time.

Usually watch the first one because I'm starved of Footy tbh.

pffft......

Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office

Good point abasahii.

With Dearden, he did actually play the opening game of the 2020 season against the reigning wooden spooners PNG Hunter. In a worrying trend, he was fantastic in the first half and helped lead the Magpies to a commanding 30-6 lead after 55 minutes, only for PNG to storm home and pip them at the post.

On the flipside, Jordan Riki suffered an injury against the Cutters and as soon as he recovered, he suffered another set-back. Had he been fit, he would have received more game time.
I think you've stumbled onto our halfback solution. Dearden plays the first half, Croft the second. Get him out of there before he can lose the game.

Kevvie has been training for it all week right under our noses!

I think you've stumbled onto our halfback solution. Dearden plays the first half, Croft the second. Get him out of there before he can lose the game.

Brilliant!

That’s so crazy it could work

Except for the bit where we also lost the second halves when Brodie was halfback.

Active Now

• Lurker
  • broncotville
  • Shane Tronc
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brocko
  • Purple Pills
  • Astro
  • sooticus
  • RolledOates
  • Allo
  • Howie
  • broncsgoat
  • Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • winslow_wong
  • NSW stables
  • theshed
  • Waynesaurus
  • ivanhungryjak
  • MaroubraBroncos
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.