Kewell has signed with...

All about the money, as is always the way with players like Harry.

Woody said:
Yep it was 2003 and one of the last England games I attended before moving over to Australia. As I said before a very explosive day the most volatile atmosphere I have ever experienced. The whole crowd seemed to consist of very angry males who were certainly after Turkish blood that day.

The Stadium of Light was certainly a step up from the old Roker Park!!! [icon_lol1.

Scotty said:
Woody said:
Its a brain dead move mate if you know anything about football you will agree. The ill feeling between the two countries still runs very high as seen when they met after the incident at the Stadium of Light (one of the most hate filled crowds I have ever sat in and any Turk was fair game). According to the post above he has now put out some poxy letter trying to appease Leeds fans....to late Harry the horse has bolted the paddock.

fenomeno said:
Woody said:
No thought for the 2 Leeds fans who were stabbed to death when Leeds (who Kewell played for at the time) met Galatasaray in Europe Harry??????

I guess money does talk in football!!! im sure he had the pick of quite a few teams.

To not go to a club for that reason is just ridiculous, even if he did care for the 2 leeds fans.

That England-Turkey game was in 2003 wasn't it? Another forum member here has been to the stadium of light :mrgreen:

I wish I could have gone to Roker park, I was 1 year too late!

I've always noticed a bitterness between the english and the turks actually eusa_think

I remember watching Auf wiedersehen pet and the characters showing a fair bit of animosity towards them

All the old grounds in the north east (Roker Park, Ayresome Park and St James Park) seemed to be the same open terraces for the away fans it was usually bitterly cold with a freezing gale blowing off the north sea and raining. [icon_lol1.

I know me and my mates have very little time for the Turks.

Scotty said:
Woody said:
Yep it was 2003 and one of the last England games I attended before moving over to Australia. As I said before a very explosive day the most volatile atmosphere I have ever experienced. The whole crowd seemed to consist of very angry males who were certainly after Turkish blood that day.

The Stadium of Light was certainly a step up from the old Roker Park!!! [icon_lol1.

Scotty said:
Woody said:
Its a brain dead move mate if you know anything about football you will agree. The ill feeling between the two countries still runs very high as seen when they met after the incident at the Stadium of Light (one of the most hate filled crowds I have ever sat in and any Turk was fair game). According to the post above he has now put out some poxy letter trying to appease Leeds fans....to late Harry the horse has bolted the paddock.

fenomeno said:
[quote="Woody":1rtz24qh]No thought for the 2 Leeds fans who were stabbed to death when Leeds (who Kewell played for at the time) met Galatasaray in Europe Harry??????

I guess money does talk in football!!! im sure he had the pick of quite a few teams.

To not go to a club for that reason is just ridiculous, even if he did care for the 2 leeds fans.

That England-Turkey game was in 2003 wasn't it? Another forum member here has been to the stadium of light :mrgreen:

I wish I could have gone to Roker park, I was 1 year too late!

I've always noticed a bitterness between the english and the turks actually eusa_think

I remember watching Auf wiedersehen pet and the characters showing a fair bit of animosity towards them[/quote:1rtz24qh]

Nice to see a player put money on the back burner and choose a club for other reasons! well done Andy Cole. icon_thumbs_u

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/displ ... eId=133959

COLE: WHY I'M JOINING NOTTINGHAM FOREST

PAUL TAYLOR

09:01 - 08 July 2008

Andrew Cole today said he decided to sign for Nottingham Forest to fulfil the dreams of his grandfather, himself and his childhood friends - and to try to help a few more of the City's youngsters follow in his footsteps.

The former England man, who was born and raised in the city, revealed that he promised his late grandfather he would one day turn out for the Reds.

Cole also believes it would be fitting way to end his career, if he could steer the team he watched from the City Ground terraces as a teenager back into the Premiership, before hanging up his boots.

And the 36-year-old, who enjoyed dramatic Premiership success with Newcastle and Manchester United, says he turned down far more lucrative offers to fulfil his pledge.

"My granddad was an avid Brian Clough supporter when he was alive. He always wanted me to play for Forest when I was a kid," said Cole.

"My granddad is no longer with us, and a good friend of mine is no longer with us - and this will make me feel a lot better.

"I want to do this for myself, but for other people as well. I said to my grandfather that I would play for Forest at some stage and now I am happy to do it.

"Circumstances saw me go elsewhere but he will be looking down now from heaven smiling on me knowing I am going to achieve his dream.

"I am going to make a lot of people in the city very happy by coming to play for Forest."

Cole believes his move to the City Ground, on a 12-month contact, will provide a fitting finale to his career.

"This is something I have always wanted to do. I have always been very fortunate in my career. Everything has come at the right time for me. Everything has fallen into place," he said.

"I always said I would only leave Newcastle to play for Manchester United, who were the team of my dreams - and I did just that.

"I said a couple of years ago, to quite a few of my friends - who still live in the city - that one day I would play for Nottingham Forest.

"Now that has happened as well. I don't know whether it is fate or what, but all the goals I have wanted to achieve, I have achieved. This will just top things off for me."

Good on him, It would be nice to see him have one last good season before he calls it quits.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Johnny92
  • Justwin
  • Harry Sack
  • Skyblues87
  • Broncos Maestro
  • winslow_wong
  • Old Mate
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.