Knights v Broncos In-Game Thread [with Live Chat]

Dee

Dee

QCup Player
Apr 30, 2010
Does anybody else here still believe, that we can make the top 8, let alone even contend for the premiership this year?

I raised some eyebrows after last week's loss to the Eels, after I stated my firm opinion that the Broncos cannot and will not win the 2010 NRL premiership.

I stand by this statement even more after tonight's ass whooping @ the hands of the Knights.

I think I may have a few more people on my side this week.

And no, we won't be a changed team when Lockyer returns.

I'll go down with the ship, and always show my support and pride for the Broncos, I love them to death and am absolutely loyal, been loyal for close to 20 years, been through the ups and downs, but after watching them tonight - I see no pride in that jersey, and if they expect the fans to have pride in the jersey while they play like that, then they definitely live in a fairy tale world.

It's unacceptable.

That was abysmal. I have no words to describe that performance....I am shell shocked.

I will not be tuning in for the Warriors game on channel 9 next week, they've definitely lost my faith for this season.

Dragons will win the 2010 premiership.

That is all for now.
Thanks.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
You have every right to be pissed off when your team loses, but walking away from them is low [icon_thumbs_do

Dee

Dee

QCup Player
Apr 30, 2010
I'm not walking away, we've been through much tougher times @ the Broncos than this, and not once have I turned my back on them, and walked away, even when everybody and their mother was bagging them out, I held strong, and have always remained loyal.

It's my choice though, if I don't want to watch and see them perform like a bunch of retards, and what pisses us all off the most is that we KNOW we are MUCH BETTER THAN THIS.

Like I said last week, we are losing our way mentally.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Broncos have actually overachieved this season IMO. [icon_razz1
Back when the season started, no one expected us to make the 8 due to the inexperience of the side. And that inexperience was shown tonight.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
.. but on a brighter note (yes a realted note) a big thanks to mal for setting up the chatroom [eusa_clap.gi

it was fun chatting 'live' with you guys last night.

let's do it again real soon 'eh [icon_wink

L

langer77

QCup Player
Jul 19, 2010
Dee said:
Does anybody else here still believe, that we can make the top 8, let alone even contend for the premiership this year?

I raised some eyebrows after last week's loss to the Eels, after I stated my firm opinion that the Broncos cannot and will not win the 2010 NRL premiership.

I stand by this statement even more after tonight's ass whooping @ the hands of the Knights.

I think I may have a few more people on my side this week.

And no, we won't be a changed team when Lockyer returns.

I'll go down with the ship, and always show my support and pride for the Broncos, I love them to death and am absolutely loyal, been loyal for close to 20 years, been through the ups and downs, but after watching them tonight - I see no pride in that jersey, and if they expect the fans to have pride in the jersey while they play like that, then they definitely live in a fairy tale world.

It's unacceptable.

That was abysmal. I have no words to describe that performance....I am shell shocked.

I will not be tuning in for the Warriors game on channel 9 next week, they've definitely lost my faith for this season.

Dragons will win the 2010 premiership.

That is all for now.
Thanks.

have a Tissue hand hardern the F##K up

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
langer77 said:
Big_Dave said:
Norman the next Lockyer [icon_non

FFS mate he is 18 i bet locky was like this at 18

Actually no. Lockyer was carving teams new arseholes when he was 18. And Norman is 19. And he's clearly petrified of performing at this level in crunch games.

He's not up to it at this stage of his career.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
If Harrigan got dropped for his mistake in the Dragons game last week, then someone needs to be axed after last nights officiating. Touchies seem to only have one job these days and if he can't even do that right he should be gone. [icon_non

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Seriously, I must be blind. Yeah I saw some dodgy calls but nothing worse than has been happening all year. And to suggest it had any influence on a match where the Broncos weren't even in the same postcode is ridiculous.

The Knights flogged us fair and square.

user_nat

user_nat

NRL Player
Aug 29, 2009
langer77 said:
Big_Dave said:

Lockyer made his debut half way through the season and got club rookie of the year at 18.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
The refs were bad, we were just worse.

Gidley should have been binned for 10 mins, but I don't think they could have awarded a penalty try, as there was doubt the would have scored it.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
I agree Coxy, end result is we got toweled, but I still would have liked Giddly to be sent for 10 in what was a black and white call after video review no less. He never at any stage went for the ball, no try fair enough, prof foul yes then he scores their first try.

We had the advantage early which was earned they got the advantage gift wrapped by the officials and went on with it, still the game was there to be won.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
The Rock said:
IMO, Lockyer's influence on this team is under rated. Does anyone actually think that we would have missed so many tackles when the Australian captain is playing in the team and directing orders around? Nope. Honestly, the team seems to lift massivly when Lockyer is around, I cannot believe how bad we played without him in the last 2 weeks.

I know it might be a bit too early to say this, but I am seriously worried about life after Lockyer. We look like an entirely different team without him, it's bewildering.

Not looking forward to the day he retires. :|

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
Coxy said:
Seriously, I must be blind. Yeah I saw some dodgy calls but nothing worse than has been happening all year. And to suggest it had any influence on a match where the Broncos weren't even in the same postcode is ridiculous.

The Knights flogged us fair and square.

There was a 5-10 minute period littered with horrible calls that helped the Knights get on a roll to their halftime lead. I think that gave them the momentum and the confidence to keep throwing the ball around. I honestly don't think our defense was that bad, the Knights were just on fire with some of those tries.

The biggest thing for mine is that we seem to struggle to consolidate after a team scores or gets on a roll. All we need to do is complete the next 2 sets and get a good kickchase away. So often we seem to turn over possession in these situations.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Our D was so bad and you can't see it. Slide and watch on the last instead of moving up, not contetsting bombs, and not hitting in our tackles all adds up to a license to throw the ball around.

Yes our defence is rubbish.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Coxy said:
langer77 said:
Big_Dave said:

Actually no. Lockyer was carving teams new arseholes when he was 18. And Norman is 19. And he's clearly petrified of performing at this level in crunch games.

He's not up to it at this stage of his career.

To be fair to Norman though, we're not really comparing apples and oranges. Lockyer was coming in off the bench into halves or playing fullback in a side with established halves in Langer and Walters and with a dominant forward pack, Norman does not have those benefits. Lockyer also had the benefit of a more experienced side all round. Plus, playing at fullback during his early years, Locky was not playing a play making role.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
There were two blatant calls that were wrong, Kidley being allowed to stay on the field and a scrum being packed on the 20 as opposed to half way.

From there just about every 50/50 went there way (why would a Broncos player attempt to strip the ball on the 5th...common sense referee), as well as crucial penalties for what appeared to be minor infringements. Also, how do you adjudicate on a try when you're using a terribly distant camera angle?

Don't get me wrong here, our defence and inability to contest the high ball was f**king pathetic last night and cost us the game. But these ref. blunders are hurting us. That's twice in two weeks we've been affected by their ineptitude. First they couldn't count to 6, now they can't even follow their own damn rules...

*rage*

Bring on the Warriors.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Pablo
  • Mick_Hancock
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.