Kodi Nikorima Joins the Warriors

Don't think its was anyone's fault really, just an unfortunate set of circumstances.
Yes, I read it that way. Bit like the lonely guy in the car, no ones fault, just a rough moment in time.

Warriors fan here.

Is Kodi a good buy for the Warriors at halfback for 500-600k per season? Honest opinions please.

Personally I think he is a good runner with the ball, a threat, and will make team stronger and will be a good foil for Blake Green.

On the other hand I don't see halfback being his best position, has low game management IQ, and massively overpaid at the rumoured salary.

Thoughts please.

Warriors fan here.

Is Kodi a good buy for the Warriors at halfback for 500-600k per season? Honest opinions please.

Personally I think he is a good runner with the ball, a threat, and will make team stronger and will be a good foil for Blake Green.

On the other hand I don't see halfback being his best position, has low game management IQ, and massively overpaid at the rumoured salary.

Thoughts please.
On the money but you're buying a competitor and not a mercenary. That's a good thing. He'll make a difference and you'll be happy for about half the time. That's not a bad thing.

Warriors fan here.

Thoughts please.

depends what your team needs ...

if the need someone with good game management and quality kicking game, then you have signed the wrong player.

if what you are looking for is someone with a strong running game, decent short pass and a bit of x-factor, then he is your man ...

Warriors fan here.

Thoughts please.

500-600K are probably overs at this stage.

He's a really talented player, a superb runner and has got a nice short pass. He definitely needs a guy who can play a classic halfback, or even better, someone like Cam Smith at hooker. He could go well with Green, but how long does Green have? In terms of running the side, he'd probably be a little below Shaun Johnson.

Warriors fan here.

Thoughts please.

Stick a solid half next to him who can do the basics ( in Green i'd say you have it ) and he will thrive imo. He is too similar to Milf for it to work properly here.

It's just not the same is it? You'd like a team farewell especially if you were reasonably popular. I'm sure it would have been a slightly empty experience similar to when you've broken up with a girl that is still part of your crowd and there's an event and everyone's going but you just can't bring yourself to go too. Sitting in your car alone that night, eating pizza, drinking...
This sounds a little too real. Who hurt you?

Warriors fan here.

Thoughts please.

Fantastic guy and player, a real competitor. Great running game and evasive and can be a great 6 or interchange hooker, he is absolutely not a halfback and I think 600k is overs at this stage. If you guys can pair him with a game manager and just let him run and pick his moments then 600k could be a steal.

Warriors fan here.

Thoughts please.
We will let you know after he's signed, sealed and delivered

500-600K are probably overs at this stage.

He's a really talented player, a superb runner and has got a nice short pass. He definitely needs a guy who can play a classic halfback, or even better, someone like Cam Smith at hooker. He could go well with Green, but how long does Green have? In terms of running the side, he'd probably be a little below Shaun Johnson.

I think Kodi is a bit of a fan favourite. You’ll be cheering for him a lot and he’ll do more right than wrong. His price tag and the fact you already have good young halves at the club would be my only concern if I were a warrior fan.

Kodi will do wonders with Green and Isaac Luke. I think it's a good buy from the warriors.

Warriors fan here.

Thoughts please.

I would not call him a "bad" buy by any stretch of the imagination, but 500k+ is MASSIVE overs.

I don't think Kodi was ever a halfback, but he has a hell of a lot of natural ability as a footy player. Fantastic to watch when he's in the groove.

I wish we could keep him... in fact, I'd have loved to have seen us chance our arm a bit and give him a run at hooker. Sure his defence would be a big weakness, but the spark he'd provide out of dummy half would add a new lease of life to our attack in my opinion.

He could prove to be an excellent buy for the Warriors, just depends on you guys use him really.

If rumours are true and Su’a has been training at hooker to provide some spark in attack surely Seibold’s prefers option would’ve been Kodi off the bench. One could assume that Seibold offered the bench hooker role to Kodi and Kodi said he’d prefer to play halfback for NZ. To which Brisbane granted the release. If this is the case than no one has done anything wrong.
Su’a cut today & I’ve seen the same rumours as you, so sounds like a bit of guessing involved in that suggestion.

Warriors fan here.

Thoughts please.

He can kick a ball dead and give away a 7 tackle set, like few other ‘halfbacks’ I’ve ever seen... Plus he seems to be afflicted with Zoolander like tendencies, namely, being seemingly unable to pass right. He’s not an ‘ambi-passer’... His defence is pretty horrible and he has no long kicking game.

But he’s a pretty sneaky and speedy ball runner and knows his way to the tryline. Has a pretty good short pass in him and seems to have decent game awareness of when to run and when not.

But he cannot organise a team to save his life and he is far too similar to Milf, but not as good, for us to keep him on.

He is a bit of a mixed bag. Personally I don’t see him as a full time halfback, but a useful fill-in type player. Useful at halfback, useful at hooker and useful in the backs, as long as he doesn’t get isolated because of his height...

Warriors fan here.

Thoughts please.

Either Milford, McCullough or Boyd is weighing down Kodi's skills as he looks inhibited in the Broncs jersey.

Watch all of the 3 matches against England last year, he shone through with Johnson and Brendan Smith. Had a hand in everything, deft kicks and dangerous running game.
Gun player with the right combinations around him, perfect foil for Green and a double threat in tandem with RTS chiming in from the back.

Massive gain for the Warriors.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fatboy
  • armchair
  • Wolfie
  • broncoscope
  • Clintos
  • Fozz
  • Dash
  • simplythebest
  • winslow_wong
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Bronx48
  • Jedhead
  • Foordy
  • Alec
  • Behold
  • Bish
  • Culhwch
  • broncos4life
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.