Kodi Nikorima Joins the Warriors

If the Broncos has a spine of:

1. Milford
6. KNik
7. Taylor
9. Cook

KNik would be excellent. The Warriors have something fairly similar, albeit not as good in:

1. RTS
6. KNik
7. Green
9. Luke

KNik is the perfect fit.

If the Broncos has a spine of:

1. Milford
6. KNik
7. Taylor
9. Cook

KNik would be excellent. The Warriors have something fairly similar, albeit not as good in:

1. RTS
6. KNik
7. Green
9. Luke

KNik is the perfect fit.

Imagine if we could get Cook and RTS in our spine instead of McCullough and Boyd.

Massive gain for the Warriors.

Yeah, not really.

The Warriors had Shaun Johnson, an upgraded version of Kodi, that didn't really work out. They told Johnson to leave and then go ahead and sign Kodi Nikorima who is a downgrade? Brilliant.

But even if Kodi kills it, it's not going to be that great of a signing for the Warriors and the reason for that is that he isn't going to change a thing there.

Their issue is not their halves. Their issues are much deeper, whether it's a culture issue, whether the coach just simply isn't good enough to get the best out of the side or maybe they just don't have the mental toughness to be a top side, whatever it is, they are still going to continue to be a side that has huge potential but ultimately are going to end up being a massive let down.

They may win a couple of extra games and people will start to think where that Warriors side has been, but before long, they are going to suffer a couple of losses and then it's going to be the same old Warriors.

Spending 600k on Kodi Nikorima when they have bigger problems they need to address. It's typical Warriors. They are either too stubborn or too stupid to see it.

Their issue is not their halves. Their issues are much deeper, whether it's a culture issue, whether the coach just simply isn't good enough to get the best out of the side or maybe they just don't have the mental toughness to be a top side, whatever it is, they are still going to continue to be a side that has huge potential but ultimately are going to end up being a massive let down.

Spending 600k on Kodi Nikorima when they have bigger problems they need to address.

It doesn't sound like spending that 600k ought to hinder their ability to address those bigger problems.

Yeah, not really.

The Warriors had Shaun Johnson, an upgraded version of Kodi, that didn't really work out. They told Johnson to leave and then go ahead and sign Kodi Nikorima who is a downgrade? Brilliant.

But even if Kodi kills it, it's not going to be that great of a signing for the Warriors and the reason for that is that he isn't going to change a thing there.

They may win a couple of extra games and people will start to think where that Warriors side has been, but before long, they are going to suffer a couple of losses and then it's going to be the same old Warriors.

Spending 600k on Kodi Nikorima when they have bigger problems they need to address. It's typical Warriors. They are either too stubborn or too stupid to see it.

Okay, so much better than our club who signed an injured player from Cronulla who does not know what position he is best suited at and only played less than 30mns of Origin for 800k.
Not to mention the journeyman winger (cum fullback) from Newcastle, who is pretending to be our club captain purportedly on the same salary.

Being the biggest franchise in NRL, without a title for 13 years, I think we are the ones who have bigger problems.

Okay, so much better than our club who signed an injured player from Cronulla who does not know what position he is best suited at and only played less than 30mns of Origin for 800k.
Not to mention the journeyman winger (cum fullback) from Newcastle, who is pretending to be our club captain purportedly on the same salary.

Being the biggest franchise in NRL, without a title for 13 years, I think we are the ones who have bigger problems.

Your mindset is astonishing. A ‘journeyman’ who has played 300 NRL games, 28 State of Origins, 23 test matches for Australia, won 2 premierships and a Clive Churchill medal?

Quite frankly we could do with a lot more of that sort of ‘journeyman’...

Su’a cut today & I’ve seen the same rumours as you, so sounds like a bit of guessing involved in that suggestion.

Sure. Pure speculation from the original rumours and my post based on those rumours.

Lets be honest here, when we signed Boyd it made sense and he was our best player for the first two years. He has only faded badly in the past 12 months. We had Hoffman as our fullback before Boyd come. Massive upgrade if you ask me.

Last edited:

Yes, more crap from our northern neighbour. Boyd's salary is considerably less than that at around the 600k mark as is Bird's. Boyd's not pretending, he is the captain. Every year 15 clubs fail to win a premiership. Deal with it.

Your mindset is astonishing. A ‘journeyman’ who has played 300 NRL games, 28 State of Origins, 23 test matches for Australia, won 2 premierships and a Clive Churchill medal?

Quite frankly we could do with a lot more of that sort of ‘journeyman’...
In the early to mid 2000’s, Brittany Spears and Christina Aguilera were just about every teenage boys fantasy.

Why am I saying this?

Well, you cannot deny or argue with what you’ve posted here, but let’s not kid ourselves, Boyd is not ‘that’ player anymore. Hasn’t been for quite some time either.

Last edited:
Good luck Niko, he may be a little upset now but being partnered up with green will prove a blessing in disguise

Sigh. Totally stoked for him, but I still think he had a part to play here and I'll miss him. Anyway Auckland's not the worst, I live here and all lol.

Active Now

• mitch222
  • RolledOates
  • Fozz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • john1420
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Ondi
  • Manofoneway
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.