Kodi Nikorima Joins the Warriors

Wayne likely wouldn’t have given another half a shot by now because we’d likely be 5 and 2 and in the top 4 if he was still here

What do you reckon he would be doing better? Just identifying and getting to the bottom of the issues, or would he just be able to manage the plays around the problems?

Why pretend Wayne wouldn't have given another half a shot other than to make Siebold look better by comparison?
I wasn't the one who brought Wayne into the conversation. But to answer part of the question, Wayne didn't do it and Seibold is doing it.

Whether that makes him better is a different proposition and is not the argument, nor did I make that claim. So please don't start shifting goal posts for the sake of the "Porthoz hates Bennett" agenda.

Nikorima doesn’t seem like the whingey type.

No one is going to turn down a club that is notorious for paying overs to average players.

That’s a pretty unfair statement to tarnish the Warriors with.

I mean they only offered someone as great as Blair $800k a season over 3 years which is unders especially when you see the performance against the Storm.

*Goes to check stats*

Blair - 1 hit up for the entire game

Ok I take that back

Paul Crawley is a fucking maggot. He is just a filthy liar. Same as Badel.

and yet he gave this impassioned, emotional defense of Wayne Bennett last year regarding the debacle at Newcastle and how Wayne wasn't to blame.

Which a lot of people on here loved...

Or was that Steve Crawley?

I'm confused. I can't keep up with the imaginary phantoms in my mind that constantly shift the narrative.

and yet he gave this impassioned, emotional defense of Wayne Bennett last year regarding the debacle at Newcastle and how Wayne wasn't to blame.

Which a lot of people on here loved...

Or was that Steve Crawley?

I'm confused. I can't keep up with the imaginary phantoms in my mind that constantly shift the narrative.

I think that was Steve.

Not sure whether you guys caught NRL 360, but Badel said that Seibold gave Nikorima the tap after last weeks game and said he wasn't part of the teams long-term plans. Which is why Nikorima's management sought out the Warriors deal which was around in the off-season.

Did you see the Crawley segment? Was it just me or does that guy seem incapable of understanding basic concepts. Credit to Paul Kent because I would have lost my shit.

What did Paul Crawley say in the 360 segment? I've been too busy digging through 2005 Toowoomba Clydesdale teamlists trying to earn that $1,000,000 reward money.

Supposedly, he's Bennett's mouthpiece so keep that in mind.

Well that would make sense if he is Bennett's mouthpiece.

Badel was on first and said that Seibold told Kodi that he was not in the clubs long term plans and he would be playing him off the bench for the rest of the year. Apparently Kodi is filthy so signed with the warriors and is refusing to play again for the Broncos. Badel also claimed there might be a mutiny from the players over this.

Crawley then went on a Tallis style rampage about how the club has no culture and kept going back to the way Wayne was sacked and how badly they have handled Kodi's sacking. Paul Kent tried multiple times to correct him that Kodi had not been sacked and had chosen to leave were Crawley told him to stop interrupting and continued to say the same thing over and over claiming the Broncos are disloyal and how dare we sack Kodi who has been at the club since he was 14, to which Kent was finally allowed to add that yes he has been there since then and paid and developed since then. Kent finally was allowed to speak and said most people would argue that the Broncos have done the best thing by Kodi by letting him know with plenty of notice that he is not in the long term plans giving him the ability to find a contract elsewhere while his value is highest and then agreeing to release him when they had every right not to. Crawley then just kept saying there is a right way and a wrong way to do it and every time Kent asked him what he thinks the right way is he just kept saying you know and we have already talked about it. Kent then says "well what are they supposed to do let him play the rest of his career at Halfback for them when they don't view him as the best option" which Crawley just didn't answer and just kept saying "the right way". I haven't seen anything quite like it.

Things are heating up in the bay...

I bet Niko opens us up like a tin of sardines when we play the warriors next

Last edited:
If someone under contract actually said "I'm not playing" they could probably be sued. I doubt that's what has happened here.

I imagine if they refuse to play, the club probably doesn’t have to pay them, contractually, so I find this version rather dubious...

What did Paul Crawley say in the 360 segment? I've been too busy digging through 2005 Toowoomba Clydesdale teamlists trying to earn that $1,000,000 reward money.

Supposedly, he's Bennett's mouthpiece so keep that in mind.
Oh yeah, he definitely is. He made sure to bring the Bennett dismissal up in his little rant, tried to imply that the Kodi situation was similar, and another perfect example of how to do it all wrong, illustrating how the Broncos and Seibold have become a soulless institution under a coach that knows no loyalty and was pushing a player out of the club who didn't deserve to be moved based on his form.

He implied that Kodi was pushed because our coach and Kearney are puppets of Isaac Moses, and completely ignored and tried to talk over Kent asking what the Broncos and Seibold did wrong, having been straight with Kodi about where he stood.

For reference, the story from Badel is they gave Kodi a chance to make the jersey his own, but with the talented youngsters coming through, he was informed by the coach he wasn't going to be the halfback of the future, although he had a place at the club as a 14. Kodi then apparently got angry as he seems himself as a halfback and wasn't willing to accept the demotion to the bench. Worse yet, he apparently blatantly refused to play this Thursday, and Badel added this is a dangerous time for the broncos as a player mutiny might be coming...

Last edited:
If the story badel said about nikorima is true (which I doubt) SEE YA LATER. Every expert in the game has been saying he isn't a half back, he has been given a chance despite this. If he has a whinge and refuses to play because he is given a heads up that he isn't our long term option **** THE SOOK and **** anyone else that goes into a mutiny with him.

My guess is its all BS. If HALF of the players left that they are claiming we wouldnt be able to scrape together a top 30 next year. The rumours are astounding, and please take note of who says what so we can be reminded of their BS mudslinging next time

What do you reckon he would be doing better? Just identifying and getting to the bottom of the issues, or would he just be able to manage the plays around the problems?
He’s Wayne Bennett, but even more importantly, he’s not Anthony Seibold.

For some, that’s more than enough to base what seems like hundreds of repetitive posts around.

Active Now

• theshed
  • Browny
  • GCBRONCO
  • Jazza
  • KateBroncos1812
  • mitch222
  • davidp
  • Fitzy
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Kev_Guz
  • Bish
  • Skathen
  • MrTickyMcG
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.