Kodi Nikorima Joins the Warriors

I'm curious if Kodi was supposedly offered the 14, what about Staggs who I consider immensely more valuable to the team than Knik. I guess that would infer Roberts might be wearing fluffy ears and a cottontail soon ... nah ....

If the story badel said about nikorima is true (which I doubt) SEE YA LATER. Every expert in the game has been saying he isn't a half back, he has been given a chance despite this. If he has a whinge and refuses to play because he is given a heads up that he isn't our long term option **** THE SOOK and **** anyone else that goes into a mutiny with him.

My guess is its all BS. If HALF of the players left that they are claiming we wouldnt be able to scrape together a top 30 next year. The rumours are astounding, and please take note of who says what so we can be reminded of their BS mudslinging next time
You may have a point. I also think that where there is smoke there is fire.

If everything was cool at Red Hill the players would be quick to call BS on what the journo's are saying. So far I can't recall seeing one rebuttal.

I know how the media works. They start the rumour for the headline and then when the player or coach denies it they get their second headline.

If it is all BS then Siebs will be using it as a great 'us against everyone else in Sydney' motivational tool. Our slow start just may be a sign of a deeper malaise that we don't know about.

The Sydney press are certainly having a field day portraying us like the northern version of the infighting Parra brigade.

Well that would make sense if he is Bennett's mouthpiece.

Badel was on first and said that Seibold told Kodi that he was not in the clubs long term plans and he would be playing him off the bench for the rest of the year. Apparently Kodi is filthy so signed with the warriors and is refusing to play again for the Broncos. Badel also claimed there might be a mutiny from the players over this.

Crawley then went on a Tallis style rampage about how the club has no culture and kept going back to the way Wayne was sacked and how badly they have handled Kodi's sacking. Paul Kent tried multiple times to correct him that Kodi had not been sacked and had chosen to leave were Crawley told him to stop interrupting and continued to say the same thing over and over claiming the Broncos are disloyal and how dare we sack Kodi who has been at the club since he was 14, to which Kent was finally allowed to add that yes he has been there since then and paid and developed since then. Kent finally was allowed to speak and said most people would argue that the Broncos have done the best thing by Kodi by letting him know with plenty of notice that he is not in the long term plans giving him the ability to find a contract elsewhere while his value is highest and then agreeing to release him when they had every right not to. Crawley then just kept saying there is a right way and a wrong way to do it and every time Kent asked him what he thinks the right way is he just kept saying you know and we have already talked about it. Kent then says "well what are they supposed to do let him play the rest of his career at Halfback for them when they don't view him as the best option" which Crawley just didn't answer and just kept saying "the right way". I haven't seen anything quite like it.

Crawley has gone from likeable to an absolute toss over the off-season, this whole Bennett thing has made him insufferable, even Tim Gilbert put him in his place yesterday.

You may have a point. I also think that where there is smoke there is fire.

If everything was cool at Red Hill the players would be quick to call BS on what the journo's are saying. So far I can't recall seeing one rebuttal.

I know how the media works. They start the rumour for the headline and then when the player or coach denies it they get their second headline.

If it is all BS then Siebs will be using it as a great 'us against everyone else in Sydney' motivational tool. Our slow start just may be a sign of a deeper malaise that we don't know about.

The Sydney press are certainly having a field day portraying us like the northern version of the infighting Parra brigade.

I don't agree with you that the fact that no-one is denying it means anything. This club learnt a long time ago that denying gets you know where. If you come out and address it or deny it the media will just run with "Well if there really is no problem they wouldn't have addressed it. The fact that they are denying it is just them trying to pull the wool over our eyes, just be honest with us and your fans and tell us the truth".

Crawley has gone from likeable to an absolute toss over the off-season, this whole Bennett thing has made him insufferable, even Tim Gilbert put him in his place yesterday.

What a fucking toss rag. He is even flat out lying there "Seibold was under contract when he left poor old Shane Richardson". No he fucking wasn't, he had a one year contract that they were trying to get him to extend but he didn't extend.

What exactly does Crawley have to gain by being this far up Wayne's arse? Do they have some kind of deal because to be frank it is a little bit weird.

Crawley was actually right about the contract part. Seibold signed for two years. He still had a year remaining on his contract when he left.

That's why he was originally going to be coming in 2020 and not 2019.

Crawley was actually right about the contract part. Seibold signed for two years. He still had a year remaining on his contract when he left.

That's why he was originally going to be coming in 2020 and not 2019.

My mistake there, still remains though that he had only signed with us for 2020 (not breaking contract) but it happened in 2019 because it was untenable.

Paul Crawly painting only half the picture.

If you’re going to crucify the current culture-less broncos why not rewind back to 2014 when Bennett did the following on his return:

Released Ben Barba (in favour of Boyd), Martin Kennedy, Josh Hoffman and David Hala. Not to mention he’s tapped many players on the shoulder during his entire coaching career.

Where’s the uproar from Crawly?

I didn’t have an issue with what Bennett did back then as I don’t have an issue with what Seibs is doing now.

We’ve done the right thing, Niko is signing an upgraded deal, which by all reports is almost double his current salary. The rat signed a new multi year deal.

It’s not as though they’ve been dumped outside Centrelink, having to fend for themselves

Paul Crawly painting only half the picture.

If you’re going to crucify the current culture-less broncos why not rewind back to 2014 when Bennett did the following on his return:

Released Ben Barba (in favour of Boyd), Martin Kennedy, Josh Hoffman and David Hala. Not to mention he’s tapped many players on the shoulder during his entire coaching career.

Where’s the uproar from Crawly?

I didn’t have an issue with what Bennett did back then as I don’t have an issue with what Seibs is doing now.

We’ve done the right thing, Niko is signing an upgraded deal, which by all reports is almost double his current salary. The rat signed a new multi year deal.

It’s not as though they’ve been dumped outside Centrelink, having to fend for themselves

Pretty much, Barba, Hoffman & Hala were in similar positions to McGuire, Kahu & Nikorima. They all got the tap from the coach, and all had great deals with other clubs lined up within a couple of weeks.

Barba went to the Sharks on similar money, ended up winning a premiership
Hoffman went to the Titans with a guarantee(*) to play Fullback, which Bennett couldn't give him at the Broncos
Hala went to the Titans on presumably similar money, with arguably a greater chance to make first grade

McGuire went to the Cowboys on more $$
Kahu went to the Cowboys on more $$, has started every game, which Seibold couldn't guarantee
Nikorima headed to the Warriors with the likely guarantee that he'll start in the halves for his contract length

How are any of these situations different, both coaches decided that these players were surplus to needs, both coaches gave players the opportunity to seek employment elsewhere. The only difference you could argue is that Seibold has left his decisions until much later than Bennett did, but that's in part due to the fact that Seibold arrived much later than Bennett did, so has had less time to mould the roster to his liking. It's not ideal, but it's had seemingly no impact on the type of contracts or $$ these players are getting.

(*) - I'm pretty sure Hoffman ended up losing the Fullback spot to Will Zillman at the Titans, then eventually Jarryd Hayne, so he ended up going to the Eels to play Fullback, only to lose it to Gutherson/French in 2017, lmao.

Last edited:
Pretty much, Barba, Hoffman & Hala were in similar positions to McGuire, Kahu & Nikorima. They all got the tap from the coach, and all had great deals with other clubs lined up within a couple of weeks.

Barba went to the Sharks on similar money, ended up winning a premiership
Hoffman went to the Titans with a guarantee(*) to play Fullback, which Bennett couldn't give him at the Broncos
Hala went to the Titans on presumably similar money, with arguably a greater chance to make first grade

McGuire went to the Cowboys on more $$
Kahu went to the Cowboys on more $$, has started every game, which Seibold couldn't guarantee
Nikorima headed to the Warriors with the likely guarantee that he'll start in the halves for his contract length

How are any of these situations different, both coaches decided that these players were surplus to needs, both coaches gave players the opportunity to seek employment elsewhere. The only difference you could argue is that Seibold has left his decisions until much later than Bennett did, but that's in part due to the fact that Seibold arrived much later than Bennett did, so has had less time to mould the roster to his liking. It's not ideal, but it's had seemingly no impact on the type of contracts or $$ these players are getting.

(*) - I'm pretty sure Hoffman ended up losing the Fullback spot to Will Zillman at the Titans, then eventually Jarryd Hayne, so he ended up going to the Eels to play Fullback, only to lose it to Gutherson/French in 2017, lmao.
Very well said

Media pre-April 29: Broncs need to change up the halves, it isn’t working. KNik just isn’t a halfback. They need to change something before the season is over.

Media post-April 29: How dare they! Where’s the culture? KNik is a good bloke, deserves better. Season and Broncos legacy gone.

Media pre-April 29: Broncs need to change up the halves, it isn’t working. KNik just isn’t a halfback. They need to change something before the season is over.

Media post-April 29: How dare they! Where’s the culture? KNik is a good bloke, deserves better. Season and Broncos legacy gone.
The Sydney media shit-stirring and flat out naking shit up to smear the Broncos? My goodness! At this rate it's only a week or two before Siebold loses the dressing room too.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Johnny92
  • BroncosAlways
  • johnny plath
  • Jedhead
  • Bongo
  • Xzei
  • Lurker
  • broncsgoat
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Brocko
  • Strop
  • Fitzy
  • Galah
  • NSW stables
  • broncos4life
  • Fatboy
  • Financeguy
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.