Kodi Nikorima Joins the Warriors

That's bullshit about Kodi being pissed and that's why he isn't playing, he isn't properly fit. The mutiny thing is a bit stretched as well, but it's got a small element of truth. The players were pretty angry at the treatment Kahu got when he left, and Kodi is just as popular. It could be an issue, but I doubt it's the issue Badel is making it out to be though.

I assume Alex Glenn is the most annoyed one, considering he was best mates with Kahu and good mates with Kodi as well.

We may not have to worry about him being too annoyed, he might be another one getting the tap before Round 13. I'd say the only reason Glenn hasn't been given the tap so far is the moderately slow start to the season for Fifita & Su'A.

Last edited:
So the players are pissed that the club let Jordy go to somewhere he can get more money and play first grade? If that’s the case our players are fucking whinging little shit bags. If it where me I would tell them where the door is. I would rather go through a few seasons of wooden spoons then have these entitled little fuckwits in my team.

I feel there’s an element of over-comfortability in the group. They’re all mates on and off the field and i think football is second to them a lot of the time. Obviously they’re all people too and deserve every right to live how they want, get married, have kids etc etc but they treat it like a 9-5 which leads to the phone-in performances we’ve seen over the years. They should be busting their guts to be successful and win premierships. It’s their job

And lately any perception of the ‘family’ being broken up is met with players having a big old sook over it (or at least the media saying they are)

Last edited:
I will admit I was a bit upset that we we're losing Nikorima. Not because I thought he was our best option at halfback but because he is just a competitive little footy player and kind of guy you want in your team. He can break games open.

In regards to the other blokes these scum journo's are harping on about. I believe the club made the right decisions. I don't believe for a second that they were treated as poorly as what's being made out. If anything it seems we help facilitate the moves in a mutually beneficial manner.

I assume Alex Glenn is the most annoyed one, considering he was best mates with Kahu and good mates with Kodi as well.

We may not have to worry about him being too annoyed, he might be another one getting the tap before Round 13. I'd say the only reason Glenn hasn't been given the tap so far is the moderately slow start to the season for Fifita & Su'A.
Yeah Jordy is his best mate, and also appears close to Nikorima and the other kiwi's in the team. Whilst I think he is upset, he also appears to be a bronco through and through. His wife was a vet nurse at the vet i go to and she would often openly discuss how things were going with him and the Broncos etc. I think he would like to see out his career as a one club player. His next contract is likely his last. He is set to join the 250 club this year, and if signed for another 2 seasons would join the 300 club which would be a remarkable feat. Personally he is one of my favourite players. Very consistent, hard working and you know what you're going to get with him. I'm hopeful that he will renew his contract because we really do need some good experienced players in the team, and I can't imagine his contract being too expensive. To me, his form this year has been well above Gillett, and he is on about half the money.

I honestly still can't believe that Boyd is hitting 300 games this week... If he plays out his contract he will pass 350 and that is terrifying. 300 games is about 299 too many IMO.

It's pretty simple, they want him to stay but he will be playing 14. They're not going to stand In his way of a four year deal on more money if he wants it.

The reports of him having a hissy fit and not playing seem against his character. I could be wrong though.

To be fair, Barba, Hoffman & Hala were in quite different situations.

* Barba was performing poorly, obviously hampered by injury and also being a dick. We couldn't find a locked-in spot for him despite us needing both a fullback and a five-eighth.

* Hoffman was bitching about wanting a role beyond wing, as if it was somehow beneath him.

* Hala was going absolutely nowhere and basically highlighted the gap between U20's and NRL.

McGuire, Kahu & Nikorima have all bled for the jersey, and were shifted around to suit the team's requirements at various times without making a peep. They are exactly the sort of players that fans have called for, in that they live for the Broncos jersey, they trained hard, and tirelessly chased improvement.

On the other side of things, it is true that we haven't won a premiership. If there was ever a time to have a cull, it's now, with a new coach, new facilities, and new mindset. And as has already been mentioned, the Broncos facilitated the above players to attract better deals than they had here - either better job security, better price, longer contract, or in some cases all of the above. Also, it would appear that we're chipping in very little, if anything, for the players who are leaving, which is fantastic for our future cap position. It sucks to have to show a bunch of dedicated life-Broncos the door, but it could have been much worse.

Edit: Quoted wrong post.

You can easily make similar arguments for all the players Seibs has let go. If I was the coach the only thing I would have done differently is held McGuire until the end of his contract and not re-signed him; I’d say what Seibs did was better better for his family and career though.

Last edited:
I don’t remember the Roosters copping the same smear campaign when they told Pearce he was going to be replaced by Cronk, and that he could either be tutored by him or find another club. After 11 years of first grade for the club.

I love Kodi’s attitude and I don’t think there’s been a player that I hoped would succeed as much as him but he just couldn’t find the next level required and it was clear as day that either he or Milf had to go. The money is great and the warriors are a very likeable team so I’ll continue to be cheering on Kodi to succeed.

I honestly still can't believe that Boyd is hitting 300 games this week... If he plays out his contract he will pass 350 and that is terrifying. 300 games is about 299 too many IMO.

Yeah you're probably right. A guy who's won:
  • Rookie of the year
  • Clive churchill medal
  • Dally m fullback of the year
  • Rlif fullback of the year
  • Rlpa player of the year
  • 2 premierships
, played 29 internationals for Australia and 28 matches for Queensland sounds like the type of spud whose first grade career should be a one and done affair.

There are a few who aren't happy, probably more than Lexie is tbh.

So the players are pissed that the club let Jordy go to somewhere he can get more money and play first grade? If that’s the case our players are fucking whinging little shit bags. If it where me I would tell them where the door is. I would rather go through a few seasons of wooden spoons then have these entitled little fuckwits in my team.

Who said they were pissed at Kahu getting more money and playing first grade?

Yeah you're probably right. A guy who's won:
  • Rookie of the year
  • Clive churchill medal
  • Dally m fullback of the year
  • Rlif fullback of the year
  • Rlpa player of the year
  • 2 premierships
, played 29 internationals for Australia and 28 matches for Queensland sounds like the type of spud whose first grade career should be a one and done affair.

Haha ! BAM !! EAD Boyd haters , so much hate with so little knowledge.

There's got to be respect both side of the blade here. If infact Seibold has given Kodi the heads up, he has done nothing wrong. Bennett was the one who continually promised Kodi the 7 spot.

Kodi should, and i hope soon, confirm and clear up the situation out of the same respect. After all, he could just be told, no release until season end etc. The longer it goes the more bitter he looks.

Last edited:
There's got to be respect both side of the blade here. If infact Seibold has given Kodi the heads up, he has done nothing wrong. Bennett was the one who continually promised Kodi the 7 spot.

Kodi should, and i hope soon, confirm and clear up the situation out of the same respect. After all, he could just be told, no release until season end etc. The longer it goes the more bitter he looks.

If rumours are true and Su’a has been training at hooker to provide some spark in attack surely Seibold’s prefers option would’ve been Kodi off the bench. One could assume that Seibold offered the bench hooker role to Kodi and Kodi said he’d prefer to play halfback for NZ. To which Brisbane granted the release. If this is the case than no one has done anything wrong.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.