Kotoni & Tesi

Denan Kemp and Sandor Earl made some good points/theory about Staggs form on the bloke in a bar podcast.
They were saying how Staggs looks bigger muscle wise and this could be a factor in his form. That extra maybe 3kg of muscle can play a major part you gas out quicker etc. Denan said he played at 85kg and if he gained muscle and went up to 88kg he was a completely different player.
Sandor also goes on about pretty much the exact things Kevvie needs to do with Cobbo when dropping him back to cup which would really work for him without killing his confidence.

I've been thinking exactly the same. Staggs looks so much bigger than last year.. it's like he's put on 3+ kgs of muscle in the off-season and to me it looks like he's relying too heavily on his upper body strength to create opportunities. Last year he was putting himself in position with his feet to make plays, and pushing people off to find space... This year it's like he's almost trying to initiate contact to push people off... which he often does, but it's still not giving him enough space to create much opportunity out of it.

He needs to focus on finding / creating a gap and using his strength to shed a defender trying to cover, rather than running straight at defenders hoping to bulldoze them.

Denan Kemp and Sandor Earl made some good points/theory about Staggs form on the bloke in a bar podcast.
They were saying how Staggs looks bigger muscle wise and this could be a factor in his form. That extra maybe 3kg of muscle can play a major part you gas out quicker etc. Denan said he played at 85kg and if he gained muscle and went up to 88kg he was a completely different player.
Sandor also goes on about pretty much the exact things Kevvie needs to do with Cobbo when dropping him back to cup which would really work for him without killing his confidence.
I agree 100% with Denan, and have been saying for some time.

Kotoni doesn't look right in a concerning way and Selwyn needs to go back to reserve grade with a set of instructions. Maybe Kotoni is, as he says, adjusting to putting on weight, but his facial expressions and body language tells me something more is up.

True, but even the commentary team on Fox were saying he looks underdone and something is off.

It could just be a combination of the injuries taking their toll mixed with a complete lack of confidence.

Tate was saying the other day it takes 10 games to get back confidence and trust your leg again.

So four last year and four this year so two weeks to go!

I agree 100% with Denan, and have been saying for some time.

Kotoni doesn't look right in a concerning way and Selwyn needs to go back to reserve grade with a set of instructions.

Maybe Kotoni is, as he says, adjusting to putting on weight, but his facial expressions and body language tells me something more is up. If Darius isn't merely drunk on his own piss and wind, he should be all over this. Why else is he being paid to stink up the clubhouse as a reminder of our lowest point in history?

Because you cant force somebody who might have issues to get help. They need to want to do it. Bit sad using something like that to again have another pop at Boyd.

Because you cant force somebody who might have issues to get help. They need to want to do it. Bit sad using something like that to again have another pop at Boyd.
No. You speak to them when you see it. You don't wait for them to break. And that's what Boyd gets paid to do. It's irrelevant what I think of him.

Reality is you guys aren't psychologists and you're not Sigmund Freud. I wouldnt try and analyse how he's "feeling".

Kevvie trusts him to do the job, and if you love the club, you'll lay off the boys for a few weeks and get around them.

No. You speak to them when you see it. You don't wait for them to break. And that's what Boyd gets paid to do. It's irrelevant what I think of him.

Its not, because it doesn't matter what he does you are there waiting to stick the boot in. What do you think Darius does, spend all day sitting around watching to see if somebody is looking off in training? His job at the Broncos is community based with the Beyond the Broncos program, he is often out at schools. I'd be surprised if he isnt involved in player welfare with his background, but i dont think thats his major role at the Broncos.

You are basically presuming anyway he hasnt spoken to him. Its more than possible Darius, or others at the Broncos have had a chat to him to see if he is ok, if Kotoni doesnt want any help it wont matter who speaks to him because he will just say he is fine anyway. There is no way trying to force anything on somebody who may be in that position is going to work.

I'm not presuming Kotoni is some kind of basket case who needs coddling like a broken doll, that's he's having a psychotic break, and needs sending off to rehab or to attend group meetings. I don't need a lecture on how to mouth mental health cliches.

He looks like there's something bugging him. It looks like it's affecting his game. That's a frank conversation at the very least.

Why is that down to Boyd though? Why not call out people that work with him every day like Kevvie or Cartwright? or our welfare and wellbeing officer ( i belive its Adam Walsh, i stand to be corrected though as i'm not sure ) Your pathetic little agenda against Boyd for this sort of stuff is comical. Loads of people at the club who deal with Kotoni on a daily basis, and you pick on a Broncos community officer because you dont like him as either a person or a player. Classy.

And when you spout such nonsense i think i will say what i think of you. End of conversation on my part.

Who's having a crack at Darbs....?

Who's having a crack at Darbs....?

Just @McHunt sticking the boot in to one person employed at the Broncos because Kotoni may or may not be struggling mentally. I just think its unnecessary on this occasion. We have plenty at the club around Kotoni more than Boyd is who can have a chat to him.

I get why people have a go at him and dislike him for his last couple of years as a player, and why they dont like some of the stuff he used to do as a person. Thats perfectly fine as well. I just think sometimes its not related to what he is doing now so why keep having a go at him.

Just @McHunt sticking the boot in to one person employed at the Broncos because Kotoni may or may not be struggling mentally. I just think its unnecessary on this occasion. We have plenty at the club around Kotoni more than Boyd is who can have a chat to him.

I get why people have a go at him and dislike him for his last couple of years as a player, and why they dont like some of the stuff he used to do as a person. Thats perfectly fine as well. I just think sometimes its not related to what he is doing now so why keep having a go at him.
Loved him as a player - his final year was a disaster, not quite JT-final-year disaster but wasn't his best. The baby announcement thing was tone deaf at best.

But that was 2 years ago now - time to let it go boys

Loved him as a player - his final year was a disaster, not quite JT-final-year disaster but wasn't his best. The baby announcement thing was tone deaf at best.

But that was 2 years ago now - time to let it go boys

And tbf, putting this bluntly, he was a bit of an arsehole until his world started collapsing around him. You cant blame people for not liking the bloke.

Unread

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • UP DA BRIZZY BRONX
  • ivanhungryjak
  • bert_lifts
  • The Boss
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.