Kotoni & Tesi

Edwards is one of the most underrated players in the comp, he's elite. In my personal opinion, he is as good as anyone else he just isn't as flashy or talked up as much as some. I guarantee if we had him, we'd be laughing.
I agree, I think if Herbie can get the job done at the back he’d be an edwards (light) which is fine by me, not to mention Herbie is proper fast and feels slightly wasted at centre.

Edwards is one of the most underrated players in the comp, he's elite. In my personal opinion, he is as good as anyone else he just isn't as flashy or talked up as much as some. I guarantee if we had him, we'd be laughing.
Haas ran around him. He can never be elite.

Are hookers supposed to drop off tackles?
Interesting point to ponder! I would counter with the reality that Smith never really tackled anyone 1-1 in his entire career and always waited for his teammates to complete it.

Interesting point to ponder! I would counter with the reality that Smith never really tackled anyone 1-1 in his entire career and always waited for his teammates to complete it.

But that isn't really the point under consideration. You are saying because that player ran around that other player that one time, he can never be elite. It is a bit hyperbolic.

He is not looking for the ball

Bull Shit !
Did you watch the game on Saturday ? He rucked the ball a half dozen times I saw .

Previous 3 games no rucks . So , definite improvement in involvement . Impact on the game on Saturday ? About the same .

Bull Shit !
Did you watch the game on Saturday ? He rucked the ball a half dozen times I saw .

Previous 3 games no rucks . So , definite improvement in involvement . Impact on the game on Saturday ? About the same .
Nah, you wouldnt even know he was out there if the ball wasn't fed his way.

I have only read a page of this thread and I see people afford Cobbo the luxury of his age as an excuse. But when we talk about Tesi a bloke who is only 9-10 months older in a much more difficult position he is immediately a bust, throw away and never going to amount to something good. I don’t disagree with the people that want to drop him or find an alternative better option whilst Tesi properly develops but he is 20 for Christ sakes and ultimately is for the entirety of the season. Give the bloke a break from this talk as if he is some 29 year old fraud who is on his last chance to prove something. Have to remember he was never really afforded the luxury of developing his game in cup. Not his fault that when he got his opportunity he went on a run of form and helped us get off the bottom. He kept his spot in the end and if we coach him well I am still resoundingly positive we have a very able player on our hands. Just have to develop and unearth him first.

Tesi broke out of a lot of tackles on the weekend .
I saw that as a positive . If he steps out of tackles and can make something out of it we score points . Be patient ...

But that isn't really the point under consideration. You are saying because that player ran around that other player that one time, he can never be elite. It is a bit hyperbolic.
I know but I was entertained by it so thats all that matters

Denan Kemp and Sandor Earl made some good points/theory about Staggs form on the bloke in a bar podcast.
They were saying how Staggs looks bigger muscle wise and this could be a factor in his form. That extra maybe 3kg of muscle can play a major part you gas out quicker etc. Denan said he played at 85kg and if he gained muscle and went up to 88kg he was a completely different player.
Sandor also goes on about pretty much the exact things Kevvie needs to do with Cobbo when dropping him back to cup which would really work for him without killing his confidence.

Denan Kemp and Sandor Earl made some good points/theory about Staggs form on the bloke in a bar podcast.
They were saying how Staggs looks bigger muscle wise and this could be a factor in his form. That extra maybe 3kg of muscle can play a major part you gas out quicker etc. Denan said he played at 85kg and if he gained muscle and went up to 88kg he was a completely different player.
Sandor also goes on about pretty much the exact things Kevvie needs to do with Cobbo when dropping him back to cup which would really work for him without killing his confidence.
Damn here i was thinking he was looking smaller than last season.
I could swear he looks leaner, and after injury, they usually are, but those blokes would know footy better then me.

Dylan Edwards wouldn't look great in our team, it works for Penrith because they've got Cleary, Luai and Yeo. 3 genuine ball playing options, he doesn't need to be flashy or any of that, he can play the traditional fullback role (safely return the ball, support play, all of the basics).

For us, we'd need someone who can ball play because we're not getting it from anywhere else.

He'd turn into another scapegoat if we were to pay him big because he is definitely not going to give us anything in attack, which apparently, is what players are judged on in here.

I don't get how anyone is being scapegoated. People are being critical of players for playing badly. It's ridiculous to suggest otherwise really.

I think you guys forget the generational gap. Players don’t want it “coached out of them”. They’re Millennials.

They want to turn up, do a job and go home.

Need to connect with them on a different level or nothing will change.

Players under about 25 are Gen Z, not millennials.

Dylan Edwards wouldn't look great in our team, it works for Penrith because they've got Cleary, Luai and Yeo. 3 genuine ball playing options, he doesn't need to be flashy or any of that, he can play the traditional fullback role (safely return the ball, support play, all of the basics).

For us, we'd need someone who can ball play because we're not getting it from anywhere else.

He'd turn into another scapegoat if we were to pay him big because he is definitely not going to give us anything in attack, which apparently, is what players are judged on in here.
Would look far better then what we have

Unread

Active Now

• UP DA BRIZZY BRONX
  • ivanhungryjak
  • bert_lifts
  • The Boss
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.