Kotoni & Tesi

I would be setting staggs small, achievable goals in the game. Take at minimum 12-14 hit ups, run hard, run your lines in attacking movements and just make your tackles.

These are goals that fitzgibbon has set for his back 5 and they are tearing it up.

How good is it to watch Talakai? He is genuinely an excitement machine.

How good is it to watch Talakai? He is genuinely an excitement machine.
Made poor gagai look like a lad from MM cup.

I am really enjoying watching the sharks play. Aggressive line speed with great first contact in defence, hard running forwards, outside backs helping forwards out with strong hit ups and a lot of ball movement in attack with great structures.

All of this was achieved in one off season by a team that on paper is below ours. I am very envious.

I am really enjoying watching the sharks play. Aggressive line speed with great first contact in defence, hard running forwards, outside backs helping forwards out with strong hit ups and a lot of ball movement in attack with great structures.

All of this was achieved in one off season by a team that on paper is below ours. I am very envious.
We picked the wrong coach - yet again.

Did the sharks at least give their new coach a press conference to announce his employment?

How much of an impact you lot reckon the in-house fighting plays a part in individuals form slumps?
Rikki and Flegs, Kelly and Haas, i wonder how much it erodes trust between the players, and how much that translates to on field performances.

Just from personal experience, i tend to avoid or not associate with people i have had a blue with in the past.
Its one thing to have an argument, but when you start throwing punches, unless you are siblings, or lifelong mates, it tends to wreck relationships fairly effectively.

If i worked with a bloke, and we argued enough that it came to blows, i can promise you we would never work together again.
It wouldn't be productive and the work environment would be uncomfortable to say the least.

How much of an impact you lot reckon the in-house fighting plays a part in individuals form slumps?
Rikki and Flegs, Kelly and Haas, i wonder how much it erodes trust between the players, and how much that translates to on field performances.

Just from personal experience, i tend to avoid or not associate with people i have had a blue with in the past.
Its one thing to have an argument, but when you start throwing punches, unless you are siblings, or lifelong mates, it tends to wreck relationships fairly effectively.

If i worked with a bloke, and we argued enough that it came to blows, i can promise you we would never work together again.
It wouldn't be productive and the work environment would be uncomfortable to say the least.

Oh I don't know, every time I've had a Mission Impossible style bathroom fight at my workplace (and who hasn't had a few of these?), we've become closer and then gone off and joined a foreign legion together.

Oh I don't know, every time I've had a Mission Impossible style bathroom fight at my workplace (and who hasn't had a few of these?), we've become closer and then gone off and joined a foreign legion together.
hahaha
cracked me up good.

But seriously, ive seen some people brush these fights off as "nothing, and just a dust up between mates"

But ive never punched on with a workmate so i wouldnt know.

I have only read a page of this thread and I see people afford Cobbo the luxury of his age as an excuse. But when we talk about Tesi a bloke who is only 9-10 months older in a much more difficult position he is immediately a bust, throw away and never going to amount to something good. I don’t disagree with the people that want to drop him or find an alternative better option whilst Tesi properly develops but he is 20 for Christ sakes and ultimately is for the entirety of the season. Give the bloke a break from this talk as if he is some 29 year old fraud who is on his last chance to prove something. Have to remember he was never really afforded the luxury of developing his game in cup. Not his fault that when he got his opportunity he went on a run of form and helped us get off the bottom. He kept his spot in the end and if we coach him well I am still resoundingly positive we have a very able player on our hands. Just have to develop and unearth him first.

I have only read a page of this thread and I see people afford Cobbo the luxury of his age as an excuse. But when we talk about Tesi a bloke who is only 9-10 months older in a much more difficult position he is immediately a bust, throw away and never going to amount to something good. I don’t disagree with the people that want to drop him or find an alternative better option whilst Tesi properly develops but he is 20 for Christ sakes and ultimately is for the entirety of the season. Give the bloke a break from this talk as if he is some 29 year old fraud who is on his last chance to prove something. Have to remember he was never really afforded the luxury of developing his game in cup. Not his fault that when he got his opportunity he went on a run of form and helped us get off the bottom. He kept his spot in the end and if we coach him well I am still resoundingly positive we have a very able player on our hands. Just have to develop and unearth him first.

I'm not sure many are defending Cobbo, seems a fairly common opinion he could do with some time Q Cup.

With Niu, the issue is his lack of effort and urgency in defense, it hasn't changed since his first game and as a fullback, that is career suicide.

Seeing some Isaako type dumbness and Milf type laziness with him, and I’m not confident we have the staff to coach it out of him.

Seeing some Isaako type dumbness and Milf type laziness with him, and I’m not confident we have the staff to coach it out of him.
We don't, and for the foreseeable future won't.

I think you guys forget the generational gap. Players don’t want it “coached out of them”. They’re Millennials.

They want to turn up, do a job and go home.

Need to connect with them on a different level or nothing will change.

Staggs sucks. Name him at 6 this week and tell him to get his hands on the ball or he's spending the year in Q Cup.

Tesi was never good enough. Herbie would do everything he's doing and a lot more at the back.

Staggs sucks. Name him at 6 this week and tell him to get his hands on the ball or he's spending the year in Q Cup.

Tesi was never good enough. Herbie would do everything he's doing and a lot more at the back.

Even in the cross forum thread, other fans say Herbie should be fullback and this is totally unprompted.

Even in the cross forum thread, other fans say Herbie should be fullback and this is totally unprompted.
I genuinely believe he should be given a crack there, maybe he ends up a Edwards type fb, mister reliable? Granted they have the Nsw 6/7 but still, it shows you don’t have to have a superstar fb if you’re strong elsewhere. We have Arey for structure (maybe mam) for spark. Is Herbie really going to be long term Centre here? I wanna know if he can cut it at the back.

I genuinely believe he should be given a crack there, maybe he ends up a Edwards type fb, mister reliable? Granted they have the Nsw 6/7 but still, it shows you don’t have to have a superstar fb if you’re strong elsewhere. We have Arey for structure (maybe mam) for spark. Is Herbie really going to be long term Centre here? I wanna know if he can cut it at the back.

Edwards is one of the most underrated players in the comp, he's elite. In my personal opinion, he is as good as anyone else he just isn't as flashy or talked up as much as some. I guarantee if we had him, we'd be laughing.

Unread

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • Emanon
  • rnabokov
  • Broncorob
  • Confidor
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.