Koukash Interested in Broncos

I don't understand why Murphy wouldn't sell his toothbrush. I mean, his kids and wife can't be replaced, but his toothbrush can.

Will this guy bring anything to to club, or is it just something to put in his resume?

Broncos have plenty of cash as it is.

So Murphy who is a long time fan of the Broncos wants to sell? Well he must be stoked with all the decisions that have been made over the last few Months. Obviously not a Bennett fan.

So Murphy who is a long time fan of the Broncos wants to sell? Well he must be stoked with all the decisions that have been made over the last few Months. Obviously not a Bennett fan.
It's purely business. He'd be stupid to not consider all offers.

I hear we're about to be booted off the ASX because they don't like nasty old man Bennett either.

Has nothing to do with what happens on the field.

I don't understand why Murphy wouldn't sell his toothbrush. I mean, his kids and wife can't be replaced, but his toothbrush can.

In fact, if he's serious about his oral hygiene, he should be replacing his toothbrush every few months!

What surprises me most is that if the spoken values are anywhere near the real one, the Broncos as a franchise are "only" worth $25M...

I can't see nein relinquishing their share though, unless this guy or whomever puts a bid, is ready and willing to pay serious overs.

On the ASX bit, I have never understood why sports clubs would be publicly listed either. Their business model is never going to be dividend driven, or at least it shouldn't be, as achieving success on the field doesn't often go hand in hand with financial success. The former should always be the primary goal, and without it, there is no way to achieve the second.

Wonder if he's genuine or just looking at options

You read that and managed to misunderstand one part and construe another for an agenda. Nowhere did it say he 'wanted to sell' and it certainly did not contain a reference to any displeasure with the appointment of WB.

What surprises me most is that if the spoken values are anywhere near the real one, the Broncos as a franchise are "only" worth $25M...

I can't see nein relinquishing their share though, unless this guy or whomever puts a bid, is ready and willing to pay serious overs.

On the ASX bit, I have never understood why sports clubs would be publicly listed either. Their business model is never going to be dividend driven, or at least it shouldn't be, as achieving success on the field doesn't often go hand in hand with financial success. The former should always be the primary goal, and without it, there is no way to achieve the second.

I don't think Nine own any of the Broncos. And haven't News Ltd. made it clear in the past they want out of the NRL? Or was that only out of the Storm after their cheating?

I don't see how they don't go hand in hand. It's the same as any business. KPIs are the results on the field, meet those, your contracted sponsors will pay you the money.

I don't think Nine own any of the Broncos. And haven't News Ltd. made it clear in the past they want out of the NRL? Or was that only out of the Storm after their cheating?

I don't see how they don't go hand in hand. It's the same as any business. KPIs are the results on the field, meet those, your contracted sponsors will pay you the money.

I believe they have made it clear that they have no intention of selling their 66% stake of the Broncos

As Foordy said, Nine has approx. 2 thirds of the Broncos shares, which they won't sell easily. They have relinquished their interest in the NRL itself as well as the Storm, if I remember correctly.

Publicly listed companies main purpose is to deliver the highest possible dividends to their shareholders. Sports clubs main purpose is to deliver the best possible sporting results. Often, the latter will come at the cost of the first.

Note that sponsorships are a separate matter all-together. That is obviously part of the clubs financial performance and good results as well as location and the club's reach will obviously attract better sponsorships, but these are generally used to (partially) cover operational and infrastructure costs. The better they are, the more dividends the club will have to offer of course...

As Foordy said, Nine has approx. 2 thirds of the Broncos shares, which they won't sell easily. They have relinquished their interest in the NRL itself as well as the Storm, if I remember correctly.

Publicly listed companies main purpose is to deliver the highest possible dividends to their shareholders. Sports clubs main purpose is to deliver the best possible sporting results. Often, the latter will come at the cost of the first.

Note that sponsorships are a separate matter all-together. That is obviously part of the clubs financial performance and good results as well as location and the club's reach will obviously attract better sponsorships, but these are generally used to (partially) cover operational and infrastructure costs. The better they are, the more dividends the club will have to offer of course...

I assume when you say Channel 9, you mean News Ltd? According to the Broncos most recent annual report, Nine don't own enough shares to even make their top 20 share holders list.

It makes sense to allow fans to buy into a club. It's loyalty money.

The only way this would be remotely interesting to me is if he was buying Newscorps share.

Unread

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Mustafur
  • winslow_wong
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.