VOTE Kurt Capewell or Jaydn Su'A

Kurt Capewell or Jaydn Su'A, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
Capewell hands down, more evasive, has a kicking game, can ball play and is as good a defender without being a hitter like Sua. Plus Capewell could fit in at centre and easily play that modern 13 role.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
How 'bout neither of them........

Broncapz

Broncapz

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
Capewell is more a more flexible player.

Also remember when Su'a was a bit of a plodder around these parts.

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
Bring Sua home. He was on fire until he did his leg and only left because of the Fifita emergence.

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
Both have different advantages, and Penrith utilize Capewell much more than Souths as they pretty much always focus the attack left side. I'd be happy with either, I can't actually split who I'd prefer, both very good players.

B

Bongo

NRL Player
Oct 10, 2013
Capewell is more a more flexible player.

Also remember when Su'a was a bit of a plodder around these parts.
It all depends on how much we pay for Sua, Capewell and what we paid Brenko Lee . I think Capewell brings the most. Brenko on smallish dollars is fine.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I gotta ask, if Brenko was pretty much bargain basement, say even 200-300k, why would everyone prefer Gagai at the suspected 600-700k that’s he’ll be looking for? I mean, I love Gagai in the Maroon Jersey, but he’s been all but fucking useless for the vast majority of his first grade career..? He’s almost meme status, or was a couple of years earlier.
Gagai IMO is up there with the best centres in the game at club level. He's the complete package, I'd gladly pay 400-500k to get him in the team. Experienced, winner, awesome player.

I watch most Souths games and for at least the last 2 years he's been awesome, he did have a deserved reputation for only showing up at rep level before that but I think he's taken his game up a level. He is 30, so he probably only has 2 years left at a really good level so I would say something like 900k over 2 years would be a really good signing.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
It’s easy to do when the team around you make you look better. I mean, Darius capitalised off Inglis. It’s just the way it is. Gagai at Newy was dog awful, and even early days at south’s. I’m just not ready to trust a couple of years of form in a form team tbh. We’ve played the retirement card to ex-broncos before and it’s ended in relative tears. I see no difference here at the price he’d ask.
I think he makes Souths a better team rather than the other way around. He's also been excellent at wing and at centre so he has versatility going for him too. I do respect your reasons and I think they are valid, but I think he's turned a corner and found a way to compete week-to-week. Or maybe he's just had the right coach now who brings the best out of him?

Any signing is a gamble but could you name a better centre at 400-500k that we could sign? I couldn't.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Yeah, 3/4’s are a black hole in league at the moment. It’s hard to understand why. It was my favourite position to play. We just need that Jack Reed type, and maybe Gagai is that fit. Not at anything above $500k though.

I would suggest if this Brenko Lee thing is legit, he's the Jack Reed type.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I dunno man. Brenko is shit in defence. Last year, yes, he was fine. But shit man, anyone looks good in a dominant defensive team.

Yeah he has the potential to be a let down but he'll be cheap and I'm willing to give him a chance, especially if we keep Arthars, I think he is a really good depth option.

Mightybroncs2k17

Mightybroncs2k17

NRL Player
Jan 15, 2017
It's an interesting question and part of me is tempted to say we could survive without either of them.

TPJ definitely seems better suited in the second row then we have Riki and Piakura will probably be playing some good minutes by then as well young Robati.

Obviously TPJ can move back to the front row but it he stays an 80 minute second rower then you introduce either of Capewell/Su'a as an 80 minute second rower it probably leaves Riki as the odd one out. I'm ok with him being left out providing we didn't pay too much to renew him this year.

If you could get either for 400-500 you'd have to say yes, Su'a can hit hard and provide impact but i feel like we have that covered with TPJ so I'd be leaning towards Capewell as he seems more rounded.

Left field idea but if we find someone to take lodge's salary next year would you move TPJ into the front row and get both Su'a and Capwell as starting second rowers with Piakura coming off the bench?

Skathen

Skathen

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 25, 2015
Bring Sua home. He was on fire until he did his leg and only left because of the Fifita emergence.
Well said. Bring our boy home. Show those that left the door ain't closed.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
It's an interesting question and part of me is tempted to say we could survive without either of them.

TPJ definitely seems better suited in the second row then we have Riki and Piakura will probably be playing some good minutes by then as well young Robati.

Obviously TPJ can move back to the front row but it he stays an 80 minute second rower then you introduce either of Capewell/Su'a as an 80 minute second rower it probably leaves Riki as the odd one out. I'm ok with him being left out providing we didn't pay too much to renew him this year.

If you could get either for 400-500 you'd have to say yes, Su'a can hit hard and provide impact but i feel like we have that covered with TPJ so I'd be leaning towards Capewell as he seems more rounded.

Left field idea but if we find someone to take lodge's salary next year would you move TPJ into the front row and get both Su'a and Capwell as starting second rowers with Piakura coming off the bench?

Please, not TPJ into the front row. He does way more damage on the edges, running, passing offloading.
A third 5/8

As for Riki, I'd like to see him in the back row, developing as a player, alongside TPJ, especially with Reynolds in the side.

I can't the see the need for either. Save up for Harry Grant.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
A back row with Su’a and TPJ, with Capewell at lock, I wouldn’t mind…

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I think the decision had to be lose 1 of either Riki or Piakura and sign an experienced 2nd row or re-sign both and commit to them.

In retrospect you’d have let Riki go and signed Capewell or Sua while developing Piakura.

Now that both Riki and Piakura are on 3-400k each and taking up top 30 spots, signing another second row on 450k + is not smart top 30 management.

You could probably offload Riki but we can’t keep dishonouring contracts.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
I think the decision had to be lose 1 of either Riki or Piakura and sign an experienced 2nd row or re-sign both and commit to them.

In retrospect you’d have let Riki go and signed Capewell or Sua while developing Piakura.

Now that both Riki and Piakura are on 3-400k each and taking up top 30 spots, signing another second row on 450k + is not smart top 30 management.

You could probably offload Riki but we can’t keep dishonouring contracts.
We’d be stupid to let Riki go. He’s already shown that he can hit every bit as good Su’a and can run far better lines then him and most back rowers for that matter.

Add to this he is only really starting his career I’m willing to bet he’ll be every bit as good as Gillette if not better. There is a further bonus keeping RIKi in that we’ll never lose him at origin time.

Unread

Active Now

• Battler
  • Justwin
  • phoenix
  • Gympie devil
  • Harry Sack
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Volvo Driver
  • Johnny92
  • BroncoFan94
  • BroncosAlways
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.