Lachlan Maranta

Least he wouldn't have to move since he'd be stuck playing for Logan

Whoever the **** told him to bulk up by eating junk food is a moron and I hope they were sacked.

Corvo may be the most important signing of the last few years.

Last edited:
Makes a hell of a lot of sense tbh

Yeah it sure does.

I remember reading something on twitter where lachy was saying he was worried about weigh in the next day and someone told him to eat heaps of popcorn. And I remember thinking WTF, how is that going to help him weigh less...

All our fitness and speed issues over the last two years make a lot of sense now. TBH it makes me really fucking mad at guillyfoy (whatever his fucking name is) and whoever else was responsible. What a joke

Whoever the **** told him to bulk up by eating junk food is a moron and I hope they were sacked.

Corvo may be the most important signing of the last few years.

They obviously were sacked

Griffin had to have had a big hand in it. A program like that where everyone tries to bulk doesn't just happen without the approval of the head coach. At least he's come to his senses.

"Bronco Alex Glenn lauds Sonny Bill Williams for helping to transform his eating habits

by: Badel, Peter

BRONCOS utility Alex Glenn has lauded the influence of Sonny Bill Williams for delivering the wake-up call to address a fast-food addiction that was undermining his NRL career.

Glenn will run onto Suncorp Stadium against the Roosters tonight in the best shape of his life, with the Kiwi Test star and hooker Andrew McCullough having recorded the squad's lowest skin-folds.
But it took New Zealand's World Cup campaign last November, and Sonny Bill's meticulous professionalism, to ram home the extent to which Glenn was abusing his body.
While Glenn is regarded as one of Brisbane's best trainers, he is the first to admit he lacked dietary dedication, consuming soft drinks and takeaway food on a daily basis.
Then he saw Williams' eating habits from close range and realised why the 108kg Roosters forward, suspended for tonight's round-three clash, is the NRL's best-conditioned player

"Watching him was an eye opener. If you want to achieve the most out of your body you have to make sacrifices and get the best out of your nutrition.
"Not once did I see him eating junk food in almost two months, he was that strict.
"He's got five per cent skin folds on him, our club dietitian was saying that's not normal on a person as big as Sonny.
"I told our dietitian I wanted to get as lean as him. It just goes to show his professionalism and what I took for granted, I learnt a lot on that World Cup trip from him."
Glenn hardly bears the look of a lounge lizard. At 101kg, his current body-fat reading is at 10 per cent and he has all but banished trips to McDonald's and KFC.
Regular servings of Coca-Cola have been replaced by green tea, sparkling water and coconut water.
"I've cut out the fast food and sugar big time," he said "I was pretty bad in my diet area, I loved my fast food. I'll be honest, I used to eat one piece of fast food every day, but now I've cut back to once a week and I feel the difference.
"When I saw Sonny Bill, I realised I had to change. He would have protein and salads every night and only a small amount of pasta. He even got me onto sparkling water and green tea.
"At first, my mates took the piss out of me, but my skin folds are one of the lowest at the club so I'm feeling fit as a result.
"People ask why Sonny Bill is so successful and it comes down to those little one per cent things he does. He made it clear to me your body is your tool, if you're not looking after it, you never know how far you can go.
"Every night he was in his room stretching for 30 to 45 minutes before he went to bed to avoid injuries. It was a real lesson for me in what it takes to stay on top for a long time in this game."

Bronco Alex Glenn lauds Sonny Bill Williams for helping to transform his eating habits | News.com.au

Whilst not related to Maranta, this is a telling indictment on the dietary advice given last year. I agree that Corvo will turn out to be on of the best signings in recent years.

Sonny Bill Williams has really turned it around, I really respect him these days, every player speaks of his professionalism. Would've been great to have him but we didn't really need another backrower but it does highlight something that we sometimes miss in player recruitment, and that's recruiting people with great attitudes.

It's a real eye opener isn't it?

You would think these professional athletes are basically doing everything to give themselves the best opportunity and yet even one of our fittest players had a fast food addiction.

I think Tony is being criticised too harshly in all of this. As Parker said on Sterlo, the Broncos capacity to compete over the duration of the game wasn't the problem, it was their inability to clinch those matches that hurt them in the end.

As Ari said, the head coach has to accept some responsibility in all of this and thankfully it appears he learned his lesson.

Corey Parker on Sterlo last night said something along the lines of "We weren't unfit last year", no, just the entire team was binge eating take away and drinks high in sugar after games :rolleyes:

I'm glad Corvo is here, I know from first hand experience that cutting out sugar over a prolonged period of time makes you feel 10x better and more energetic.

I love Parker but I think he is stretching the truth a bit there, it is painfully obvious that they were very unfit. I mean, yes it was the inability to clinch matches, which was caused by the fact that they were completely fucked after 20 minutes. It's hard to clinch a match when your hunched over and gasping for air

Now all he needs to do is learn how to become a great finisher and he'll be the perfect winger.

Come on, really we all knew and joked about the fatten up program that was used last year. This just confirms it.

I thought Maranta's first two games this year have been tremendous. I love his kick returns - he really rips in and leaves nothing in the tank. I think he could be a possible Origin bolter if there are any injuries.

As much as he has improved, I do not want to live in a world where Lachlan Maranta plays State of Origin.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • MrRobot
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.