Lachlan Maranta

Nov 20, 2013
Hi Guys,

First time poster here. Just been reliably informed that the 2nd player off to Canberra, part of the Milford saga will be Lachlan Maranta. Not sure this is the right place to post, but just thought I would share.

Thanks.

The other player was supposed to be Hoffman but apparently he is off to the Bulldogs

I don't know what to believe anymore (especially seeing Baptiste was off contract). But Baptiste and maranta for Milford... Really doesn't seem fair lol

Maranta is off contract isn't he? Barely a swap when they could sign him on his own.

Didn't they learn their lesson after Craig Frawley

Well if he is a troll, he has made our day!! To be fair, Reece Robinson looked horrible with us and has turned out alright in Canberra.

Well if he is a troll, he has made our day!! To be fair, Reece Robinson looked horrible with us and has turned out alright in Canberra.

RR looked pretty good alongside Hodges. IIRC he only got released because we had Yow Yeh & Winterstein firing in their debut season.

Great trollbut while you're at it there's some more dead wood in the Top 25 that can be the Raiders for a small (chuckle) transfer fee (stiffled laughter):

Kurt Baptiste
Lachlan Maranta
Scott Anderson
Denan Kemp (sorry Kempy)
Aaron Whitchurch

Hi Guys,

First time poster here. Just been reliably informed that the 2nd player off to Canberra, part of the Milford saga will be Lachlan Maranta. Not sure this is the right place to post, but just thought I would share.

Thanks.
Not even the Raiders are that dumb ... oh wait ... disregard.

Whitchurch is off to the Knights so he can't be, Anderson was one of the players announced as leaving the club and haven't heard any interest from anyone on him (no surprise). Kemp is probably going to be too busy serving drinks, and Maranta well I get the feeling Gee will want us to have at least one player there to make up the numbers.

Just reading the ipad edition of the Courier Mail and Chris Garry has a story about how Maranta was given a target weight last year and told to get to it no matter what.
He says he was eating every two hours and was sick of junk food.

Corvo has got hold of him and got his weight down again and some of his speed has come back as a result.

Maranta finds he can’t dine and dashCHRIS GARRY
The Courier-Mail
20 March 2014

IT may have been a diet for George Rose to dream about, but Lachlan Maranta has discovered that being told to eat every two hours crippled his speed.
Now a new diet and training plan from high-performance boss Alex Corvo has already seen Maranta play his best games in the NRL.
Maranta was a standout for the Broncos against Canterbury in Round 1, scoring the match-winning try, and again playeding like a new man against the Cowboys last weekend, leading to his name being whispered as a future Origin prospect.
Last season, the Broncos wanted Maranta to bulk up and set him a weight target he found difficult to attain, despite constantly eating pretty much whatever he wanted.
He has now lost the weight and rediscovered the speed that made him a junior standout at fullback.
“By my own standards, last year I was very far off from where I can play,” Maranta said.
“I looked at myself in the mirror and knuckled down.
“I worked hard and changed a lot of things in my life.
“I have changed my diet a lot. Last year when I was trying to get my weight up, I was overfeeding myself, forcing myself (to eat).
“This year I have laid off the food. I’m not eating as much fast food.
“I was eating for the sake of eating. There were stages where I was sick of the sight of food.
“I have enjoyed not having to eat every two hours.
“Alex Corvo really helped me. His new training regimen has been awesome. It is a lot more explosive and speedbased.
“I worked on getting my speed back. I lost weight, which has given me more confidence in myself. I feel a lot better on the field.”
Maranta was tagged as a future star of the Broncos but expectations were tempered following an inconsistent 2013.
The son of former Broncos centre Brett Plowman struggled to finish off tries and was taken over the sideline several times.

Copyright © 2012 NewspaperDirect Inc.

Makes a hell of a lot of sense tbh

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • marw
  • Spoon
  • broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.