Lagi Setu

Status
Not open for further replies.
ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I know everyone thinks he's a waste of money, but I reckon his last few performances have been pretty impressive.

He's got loads of potential, it's just a matter of utilising it in the correct manner IMO.

Anyway, he seems like a champion bloke. Have a squiz at this clip.

http://www.broncos.com.au/default.aspx?s=bronco-tv

Potentially Setu could be totally awesome, it is a shame he never has hit his straps at the Broncos. I hope he stays but we have so many good backrowers and with Hannant returning next season he will struggle to get a game.

i really rate Setu, his big problem is when he has his brain snaps and rushes out of the line leaving a huge gap for the opposition to run through, and usually when he does that he misses the attempted big hit and we get hurt

He does have the X factor - a forward with the ability to step and offload does set him apart.
As mentioned, his other factor is his lack of discipline and ability to understand his role/responsibilities in a team structure.
Personally, i would try to keep him.
As Dave taylor provided last year, it can be frustrating and inconsistent, but for sheer game breaking ability he is worth the gamble.
Excellent impact player.

Totally agree with the above said. Let's also not forget Setu is still young, especially for a forward and can still learn quite a bit. I'd like to see him stay.

i have to say he's changed mt opinion of him, last few outings for him have been a vast improvement. someone has obviously sat him down and explained his role to him. he's doing more hard work and having less brain farts. speed,strength, footwork, he just needs to keep working on his discipline. him and hannant in the front row would be intimidating. i say lose kenny......

he has been great at prop imo.

pennywisealfie said:
he has been great at prop imo.

Haha, I noticed you had replied to this thread, and I opened it expecting a barrage of abuse directed at Setu. :mrgreen:

Nice work, penny. icon_thumbs_u

He sure has improved but i would rather Kenny.

I think he's underrated. He's been pretty good all season and gives us punch up the middle.

Now we have hannant, I don't think we have room for him. He's not worth losing one of the other "youngsters"

tkday said:
Now we have hannant, I don't think we have room for him. He's not worth losing one of the other "youngsters"

He is a youngster himself ;) He needs to be given time.

I would like to keep him with his current form.

m1c said:
He's 20... give him time.

22 actually icon_smile . but yeah i agree he could be an awesome impact player in the future

gUt said:
I think he's underrated. He's been pretty good all season and gives us punch up the middle.

And now he's taking 2 years off to praise the Lord. LOLZ. What a dick.

Coxy said:
gUt said:

Wow, unnecessary.

You might not agree with the idea of religion, or what Setu is going to do, but it's what he believes in, so have some respect.

Coxy said:
gUt said:

Wow. I used to get called a bigot on here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Manlyman
  • Fitzy
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Jazza
  • Robboi_321
  • Cavalo
  • winslow_wong
  • Lostboy
  • Thelmus
  • broncs30
  • Morkel
  • theshed
  • broncsgoat
  • Dash
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • barker
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.