Latrell Sent home with Coronavirus symptoms.

Payne Haas and David Fifita do seem like two elite talented kids WITH the drive to be the best. They both play for the Broncs too, that’s exciting.

Are there many top nrl players that show that obsessive will to be the best and win at all costs like a Michael Jordan? The only one that comes to my mind is cooper Cronk with his preparation.

Just in terms of Broncos players, Boyd apparently has that drive, hence why he's made a pretty good career out of limited talent. But the obvious one was Lockyer. He had oodles of talent, but his prep and his drive was up there.

Completely agree, Inglis had a fair amount of Latrel's attitude at times, so the comparisons are somewhat worthy.

Let’s be honest, the only reason people compare him to G.I is because they are both indigenous centres lol
Similar playing style, yes but I don’t think Latrell is a drop in the bucket compared to the great man, neither did he deserve the pressure of living up to those expectations early in such a young career.

Last edited:
Are there many top nrl players that show that obsessive will to be the best and win at all costs like a Michael Jordan? The only one that comes to my mind is cooper Cronk with his preparation.

I think the Storm had a few of them. Smith and Slater alongside Cronk. I think Brad Thorn is another youn can put in that category. Probably Gorden Tallis as well.

I think the Storm had a few of them. Smith and Slater alongside Cronk. I think Brad Thorn is another youn can put in that category. Probably Gorden Tallis as well.
De Vere.

The bloke epitomises not only doing absolutely everything he could to be the best he could, but also giving everything he had every time he crossed the white line.

And it paid off. He was rarely (if ever) the best on the field, but he went on to play for his state and country.

If he had Mitchell’s attitude he probably would have peaked at NSW cup, if that.

Perhaps we can put Patty C in there as well?

Those players mentioned sustained it. Patty still has to earn his stripes.
No doubt,I agree that doing it over a sustained period is required, but then I would say Haas and Fifi still need that

Unread

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.