RUMOUR Latrell to the Broncos?

For me it all depends on Staggs and $$
If Staggs leaves and can get Mitchell for $800k or less for 2 years, I'm sold. Can't deny the talent he has but it would only be for 2 years to raise our stocks, and then back over the border he goes.

I just wonder if Kev is exactly what Latrel needs...
LM is not the only young player in history with great game & shit attitude.

Think about Justin Hodges.

Could Latrel become a club great?

Yeah it’s all about balance.
If Staggs and Milford go at the end of the year then we can probably afford 1 high ceiling high risk X factor. Depends what he is asking though. Wouldn’t give him a million.

Phwoar, this is a tough one.

Ability wise, it's a big yes from me.

Off-field baggage though... gee whiz. The last couple of seasons it seems as if there's been a real toxic vibe in our squad, and the general attitude has not been up to scratch. Based on his reputation, you'd have to think Mitchell wouldn't really be a good fit for a squad and club trying find its way back to the values it was built on. But then, maybe Kev could get him on track?

Tough call. I bet we're not even interested though, just a media beat up.

Last edited:
Who wouldn't want a fit & focused Latrell but how often do you get a fit & focused Latrell ? About half to two-thirds of the time if you're lucky? 'Good' Latrell can deliver things even beyond the value of his hefty salary but 'less than good' Latrell delivers well below his price tag. Given the place the Broncos are in at the moment, there's better prospects in that price range to target.

Kevvie: 'Now what advantages does this Latell have over a TPJ... who I already have'

Agree with most in that when he's hot he's red hot and an absolute gamer winner. The problem as has been stated is his consistency and his attitude. He seems to drop the bundle a bit when things get hard. And we dont really have any hard assed leaders like parker or Hodge's to put him in his place.

The biggest upside i see to this is his desire for a short term contract. To be honest if you got to round 10 this year and he was deadset killing it and our fullback options weren't standing up then I'd be tempted to throw him an offer for 2022.

There's no doubt next year we will have bulk cash with the departure of Macca, the bulk of bird and offa's contract off our books and milf either gone or on a lesser contract. It probably deserves a thread of its own for those keen to discuss "what do we spend our 2022 warchest on"?

Signing Latrell would be a bit like dating a stripper, parts of you say he'll yes, a little expensive tho because she likes your cash and sure there are some good times to be had but the reality is you know its only going bring you trouble.

Last edited:
I'm not that interested at all TBH........

I think he has always been waaay over rated and he has a shit attitude (on & off the field) to boot. Throw in he has a fuckhead manager ....and I can only see frustration and disappointment for Brisbane if we go ahead with his acquisition.

I think we have enough over rated, self entitled, spoilt brats as it is...yeah?

Lol feeling a lot of no's here. But i reckon if he wants a short term contract, the risk/reward would be in our favour? I dunno, I just reckon he would help us win a lot of games.

Lol feeling a lot of no's here. But i reckon if he wants a short term contract, the risk/reward would be in our favour? I dunno, I just reckon he would help us win a lot of games.
That's true. But it seems that a short-term deal from Latrell is more likely someone who is looking out for something better. And isn't likely interested in committing to a club long-term like Sonny Bill Williams. Just chasing a top dollar but isn't likely interested in leaving his mark on one club unlike other Broncos that have been recruited (Gorden Tallis, Kevin Walters, Chris Johns etc)

Last edited:
I would honestly quit from the broncos, he isn't what we need, we would need some seriously hard workers on our wings if it happened as he does nothing!

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Fitzy
  • BroncsNBundy
  • broncsgoat
  • winslow_wong
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Waynesaurus
  • johnny plath
  • jd87
  • theshed
  • Wild Horse
  • thenry
  • NSW stables
  • jarro65
  • Manofoneway
  • Foordy
  • Xzei
  • RolledOates
  • broncotville
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.