Aug 25, 2018
Lay off:
Darius Boyd warns of suicide risk
in NRL after Broncos thrashed

Peter Badel,
The Courier-Mail
September 15, 2019 10:19pm

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone ever get the impression Boyd uses mental health as a defense mechanism for any criticism his way?

Retire.
Yep, it's pissweak shit, verging on extortion. Imagine if Donald Trump said it.

Last edited:
Correct. The mental health card is played regularly now to shield against criticism.

You can’t expect to earn hundreds of thousands of dollars annually and have nobody comment on your performance.

This could be an awkward topic. It does feel a lot like an excuse but can see the potential truth in it.

How pathetic, and I work in Mental Health.

AT the level of elite football, if it's too hot in the kitchen, bugger off (with your Millions Dariu$$$)

Either get therapy and during that, stay away from the team, or find another career. You just cannot hold the team responsible for your issues.

Last edited:
How pathetic, and I work in Mental Health.

AT the level of elite football, if it's too hot in the kitchen, bugger off (with your Millions Dariu$$$)

Either get therapy and during that, stay away from the team, or find another career. You just cannot hold the team responsible for your issues.
Exactly.

To me, it sounds as if Boyd has already transitioned into his new offield role.

This could be an awkward topic. It does feel a lot like an excuse but can see the potential truth in it.
I had a girlfriend many years ago who told me repeatedly she'd tried to kill herself over a breakup. This kind of guilting is how domestic abuse gets locked in to a pattern.

I’ll say it again if you don’t want to get criticism take half what you think you’re worth and play the game you love while still earning good fucking coin, People will instantly lay off you. But no, you wanna earn big boy dollars put your big boy pants on and take it like a fucking man.

I think Darius needs to focus on his on field performances. His perspective is clinically self repair optimistic. Its not realistic.

Right now it looks like he cares more about whats going on off and around the field than on.

Last edited:
It's 100% true regardless of who says it or how they're playing. ***** feel entitled to go hard with personal attacks on the players, and a poor season or run of form pretty easily leads to constant dogpiling on an easy target with ever more vitriol. It's pretty poor form in my view. Pick any thread you like at random and it'll be chockers with shit like "Dariu$$$ was always shit and is a shit **** and his missus controls him lol and he's faking it and is unstable and is a shit **** and he's just taking the piss and dogging the boys and Wayne Bennett is actually his dad lol that's why he got a multi year multi million dollar contract that he never deserved cos he's a shit **** who sucks off the coach and a sook." Lots of heat but no light.

Holy shit, football players really are dumb as dog shit.

Have a look at your pay packet, that's why you're under so much pressure. The Broncos are the team that Brisbane is associated with first across all professional sports and you've been bestowed with the privilege of representing them, that's why you're under so much pressure. It's an unavoidable part of the modern world that all people have a voice through social media channels, and naturally some people are going to vehemently sound off against the team and players that have not delivered the effort that was expected of them. Any player who isn't willing to cop it for under performing doesn't deserve to be a professional football player.

And stop playing the mental health card for Christ's sake. Darius, sweetheart, one day you're going to have to get a job that isn't shepherding a ball from one end of the field to the other. While you do and you're getting paid handsomely for it you can shut your mouth about your mental health you precious ****. Spare a moment for those of us who have to deal with those conditions in the real world.

Pick any thread you like at random and it'll be chockers with shit like "Dariu$$$ was always shit and is a shit **** and his missus controls him lol and he's faking it and is unstable and is a shit **** and he's just taking the piss and dogging the boys and Wayne Bennett is actually his dad lol that's why he got a multi year multi million dollar contract that he never deserved cos he's a shit **** who sucks off the coach and a sook."
All valid and reasonable points.

Really makes you think.

Last edited:
Go and sort your mental condition out then Darius. Go and talk to someone who can actually help, and is being paid to care. Because the fans care about one thing, winning. Your personal life is yours, if you can't deal with it, not my issue mate.

It's 100% true regardless of who says it or how they're playing. ***** feel entitled to go hard with personal attacks on the players, and a poor season or run of form pretty easily leads to constant dogpiling on an easy target with ever more vitriol. It's pretty poor form in my view. Pick any thread you like at random and it'll be chockers with shit like "Dariu$$$ was always shit and is a shit **** and his missus controls him lol and he's faking it and is unstable and is a shit **** and he's just taking the piss and dogging the boys and Wayne Bennett is actually his dad lol that's why he got a multi year multi million dollar contract that he never deserved cos he's a shit **** who sucks off the coach and a sook." Lots of heat but no light.

As I see it, attacks on Dariu$$$, at least mine, have focussed on his performances not him personally, and, the fact that he willingly and knowingly accepts a HUGE pay packet without there being ANY accountability for his performances, without consequences.

All there is from him is excuses to justify his salary and **** the team and **** the fans.

How is Darius going to see out another two years if he’s talking like this. The criticism will only get louder as his body and play deteriorate further.

Its quite easy to manage trolls and social media scum....don't engage with them. If a player is focusing on them something is seriously wrong.

As horrid and degrading as the messages/comments can be, manage their media profile with either a secondary public profile, private opne for friends and family, or employ a media manager on a retainer basis either through the club or personally to post random relevant things to meet public and sponsor criteria and messages.

This is not rocket science, they should be hungrier to win on field than hungrier to check their filtered message inbox.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Thelmus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.