LIVE League World Cup 9's

GKDonkey

NRL Captain
And how the **** did they get the feldt decision wrong. 1. DOUBLE MOVEMENT 2. KNOCK ON 3. DIDN'T EVEN REACH THE LINE. How bloody bad are the refs....Replace them with fucking robots

Wolfie

State of Origin Captain
Its entertaining, but not sure its entertaining in a good way if that makes sense and i'm not sure i'm that interested watching it again. It suits the good ball runners down to a tee, but i dont find it that skillful.

Tom

State of Origin Captain
Its entertaining, but not sure its entertaining in a good way if that makes sense and i'm not sure i'm that interested watching it again. It suits the good ball runners down to a tee, but i dont find it that skillful.
Would have been better if they got more than 10k to it. In positive news there were some upsets. Hell USA were even still in it at half-time vs Australia. Can only be a good thing.

Tom

State of Origin Captain
Would not be against the halves being slightly longer than 9 minutes, especially in the finals. 12-15 minutes.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
The World Cup 9's was a failure.

There just wasn't much interest. Even if they do another one, it's not going to be around for much longer.

GKDonkey

NRL Captain
Would have been better if they got more than 10k to it. In positive news there were some upsets. Hell USA were even still in it at half-time vs Australia. Can only be a good thing.
The thing that showed up was the superiority of the strength and conditioning of the nrl stars. US were still in it at half time but than they just ran out of puff and couldn't deal with the aussies

Allo

NRL Captain
Combination of Fox/online only broadcast, being in the post-post season when most fans have switched off over to cricket or US sports and players are still on holidays or prepping for November 1 pre-seasons

Needs to be when fans want some footy after a couple of months off but then you won’t have clubs releasing players during pre-season. Easy to see why Rugby 7’s have entirely different squads playing (for that reason anyway), but we still need the names to draw interest.

Possibly could run a comp of club teams plus some overseas guys during the finals using players from the eliminated teams but could end up being a bit boring as there won’t be many names playing

also it’s in Sydney. No one gives a shit.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Combination of Fox/online only broadcast, being in the post-post season when most fans have switched off over to cricket or US sports and players are still on holidays or prepping for November 1 pre-seasons

Needs to be when fans want some footy after a couple of months off but then you won’t have clubs releasing players during pre-season. Easy to see why Rugby 7’s have entirely different squads playing (for that reason anyway), but we still need the names to draw interest.

Possibly could run a comp of club teams plus some overseas guys during the finals using players from the eliminated teams but could end up being a bit boring as there won’t be many names playing

also it’s in Sydney. No one gives a shit.
It needs to be in the pre-season when interest is at it's highest due to no footy for several months and clubs are more willing to release players to give them some game time before the season starts.

There is the risk of injury so close to the start of the season, but then again Darius Boyd did his Achilles during pre-season training so the risk of injury is always there regardless.

It also needs to be away from Sydney. Sydney fans don't turn up to games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.