Least favourite athlete...

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
..or sportsperson [icon_wink Thought I'd check out the other end of Mr Mustoe's thread. Who do you despise, past or present, for whatever reason?

These are in no particular order.

1. Lucas Neill. OK, yes he is a good player etc etc but I think he's dumb and arrogant [icon_razz1
2. Emily Seebom (sp). Up herself, text bully. Not a direct quote but this sums her up - "People keep telling me how fast I am and I'm like yes I am aren't I?"
3. Ray Price. OK, the rule of the other thread was not to include League players but this old dinosaur has to be in here. Chucks a sook about the modern game every chance he gets. "Oh why don't the players have full-time jobs" and "The game was better and faster under the 5 metre rule". Get stuffed.

Jana Pitmann/Rawlinson/Who gives a s##t - When she threw away her crutches after here "I can't stand on it at all" knee injury after only 2 days I wanted to hit her with them. She is an attention seeking brat regardless of how talented she is and always has an excuse ready if she doesn't perform.

Anthony Mundine. No contest.

Okay, I also have to go for Marion Jones.

So many but Gerrard is well out in the lead.

Honourable mentions go to Vinnie Grella, Ricky Hatton, Jamie Carragher.

Thierry Henry
Samuel Eto'o
Dani Alves
Ricky Ponting
Lleyton Hewitt

FCB BB AKA MB said:
Jana Pitmann/Rawlinson/Who gives a s##t - When she threw away her crutches after here "I can't stand on it at all" knee injury after only 2 days I wanted to hit her with them. She is an attention seeking brat regardless of how talented she is and always has an excuse ready if she doesn't perform.
I'm hearing you on this one. Every time the ad for Workout World comes on, my skin crawls. She's already got the excuse ready for the olympics too, something about a sore toe poor little diddums. :roll:

My top 100:

1. Anthony Mundine
2-91. As above.
92. Lleyton Hewitt
93. Jason Akermanis
94. Andrew Johns. Probably not entirely his fault, the media's build up of him has heightened my disdain for him.
95. Shane Warne. Spectacular cricketer, spectacular wuckfit. Again, probably worsened by the media's portrayal.
96. Ian Thorpe. Again, spectacularly talented, but a spectacular tosser.
97. Jana Rawlinson. The hurdling headline.
98. Maria Sharapova. OK, not bad to look at, and in certain circumstances shrieking might be kind of a turn on, but not while playing tennis. Biatch.
99. Matthew Johns. Not so much for his deeds while an athlete, but his deeds since. Tosser.
100. Sourav Ganguly. 'Nuff said.

Andrew Johns - I will always be bitter about the fact that Dell lost 2 years of his career (and rightfully so) from drugs and when Johns got caught and admitted to doing it throughout his playing days he became "St Joey, the Patron Saint of Ecstasy" and all of a sudden everyone thinks he's a gutsy hero for admitting it. The bloke is a shitstain. End of story.

Mundine - Read a history book and pull your head out of your arse you ill informed wanker. He should shut his mouth about how great he is too. 10 years after he retires, nobody will even remember who the f*ck "Choc" Mundine was.

Lleyton Hewitt - Complete brat and an arrogant wanker too.

Ricky Ponting - Seems like arrogance oozes out of this bloke.

Brett Lee - Theres something about this bloke that makes me despise him. In particular the way he looks after he takes a wicket or has just bounced someone. If he scrunched his arrogant stupid face up like that when getting me out I'd wrap my bat round the bastards head.

Joey Barton - Complete thug. I hope he gets what for while he is locked away.

Roy Keane - This is a tough one as he has done a lot for the football club I follow, but he is still a world class bastard and I will always loathe him from his playing days.

Cathy Freeman. The media's portrayal of her during the Sydney Olympics was sickening. It's as if no other Australians won a medal, and that stupid looking alien running suit she wore - was that REALLY necessary? Fair enough, she won her race, but the way everyone carried on and on before and afterwards was enough to make me want to throw up. The "race that stopped a nation"? Not likely, I think I actually turned it off.

Scotty said:
Brett Lee - Theres something about this bloke that makes me despise him. In particular the way he looks after he takes a wicket or has just bounced someone. If he scrunched his arrogant stupid face up like that when getting me out I'd wrap my bat round the bastards head.

I used to feel the same way about Lee but I think he has really matured since McGrath and Warne left and he tookover as leader of the bowling attack. Obviously he isn't getting the results Australia needs (more due to the fact that the only other consistent bowler in the side is Stuart Clark) but he has gone from one of my most hated cricketers to one of my favourite now.

Arjuna Ratatunga was one who I HATED with a passion. Ganguly would have gone close in his day and Harbajhan Singh would be up there too. Kevin Pietersen would be the non-subcontiental crickter I hate most.

Aside from cricketers and league players no individual really springs to mind - plenty of teams I can't stand though!

Agree Jeb. Used to despise him but have more time for him now.

Michael Clarke similarly.

Andrew Symonds has gone the other way a bit. Not that impressed with his carry on recently. Not specifically the Harbhajan thing but the way he seems to almost take the extreme opposite of Gilchrist's walking. Standing his ground is one thing, but then almost giving it to the opposition when they get upset about the decision is another. Arrogant is probably the word.

Hate Kevin Pietersen too. Cockmuncher.

The one I don't get so much is Ricky Ponting. I don't know whether it because I've always liked him so have been a bit biased towards his shortcomings or whether he followed Steve Waugh as captain and isn't quite the media darling Steve was.

Yeah, Steve was a bit of a wanker in his own way, but the media loved him.

My feelings about Thorpe are nothing to do with his sexual preference. Just something about the way he acts and talks just doesn't sit well with me. Something....fake...

Coxy said:
Yeah, Steve was a bit of a wanker in his own way, but the media loved him.

My feelings about Thorpe are nothing to do with his sexual preference. Just something about the way he acts and talks just doesn't sit well with me. Something....fake...

Fair enough, i can't remember him doing or saying anything too bad, so i wondered why all the hate.

Steve Waugh, legend, great great man. Loved the team so much in his era, these days its just not the same.

Don't get me wrong, Steve was one of the greats, and miles upon miles ahead of his brother for likeability IMO. If anything I think he got his arrogance from the captains who proceeded him. Captain Cranky Border and Captain "I don't need to score runs if I'm as good a captain as I think I am" Taylor had both positive and negative influences on Waugh.

Australian cricket in general is extremely arrogant at the moment, and it seems they've all forgotten how deadshit useless they were 20 years ago. And it's not that hard to happen again. The only reason they haven't fallen back sooner is that no other country has taken the game by the balls to say "look at us, we're the best".

So Australia stays at the top more through the mediocrity of the competition, covering the fact their quality has dropped probably 50% in the past 3 years.

As for Thorpe, no, there's nothing in particular that I can put my finger on as to my negative feelings for him. Something about him just doesn't sit right.

Active Now

• sooticus
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • GCBRONCO
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Johnny92
  • Justwin
  • Harry Sack
  • Skyblues87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.