Least favourite athlete...

pennywisealfie said:
fenomeno said:
Woody said:
His infamous hand of god (against England) was the real gut buster how the hell can a 4 foot dwarf out jump a goalkeeper with his arms fully extended? only people in the ground not to see it were the ref and linesman!! [icon_thumbs_do

fenomeno said:
Woody said:
Step forward Mr Diego Maradona the cheating/drug taking footballer.

Cocaine?

But the goal he scored after that pretty much summed up how good he was.

we dont agree much on football, but u speak nothing but truth on this post.

The only reason we don't agree much is because you're a cule scum [icon_razz1 icon_thumbs_u

Cant deny he was a good player (behind Pele though according to my old man) but he will always be remembered as a drug taking cheat....what a legacy! [icon_lol1.

fenomeno said:
Woody said:
His infamous hand of god (against England) was the real gut buster how the hell can a 4 foot dwarf out jump a goalkeeper with his arms fully extended? only people in the ground not to see it were the ref and linesman!! [icon_thumbs_do

fenomeno said:
Woody said:

Cocaine?

Woody said:
Cant deny he was a good player (behind Pele though according to my old man) but he will always be remembered as a drug taking cheat....what a legacy! [icon_lol1.

fenomeno said:
Woody said:

fenomeno said:
Woody said:

Cocaine?

Correction. Remembered by you as a drug taking cheat.

No doubting Maradona was a freak of nature. However there is also no doubt that he was a drug-taking cheat also.

The title of the thread is least favourite athlete. Ability has nothing to do with it. I think Diego is a viable contender.

Quick poll I did over lunch of 7 people the question first thing that comes into your mind when I say Diego Maradona? 6 votes for handball goal and 1 vote for who is Diego Maradona (women)!

I think those stats say it all.

robbie mustoe said:
No doubting Maradona was a freak of nature. However there is also no doubt that he was a drug-taking cheat also.

The title of the thread is least favourite athlete. Ability has nothing to do with it. I think Diego is a viable contender.

Steven Bradbury...if you can call him an athlete.

Clintos said:
Steven Bradbury...if you can call him an athlete.

Haha...He's from Logan so I had to put up with reading our local paper with his mug every week for more than a year. I think he's still a bit of a "celebrity" here bahahah.

Anyway, the athletes that I dislike are:
- Anthony Mundine
- Andrew Johns
- Willie Mason
- Lleyton Hewitt
- Jarryd Hayne

Woody said:
Quick poll I did over lunch of 7 people the question first thing that comes into your mind when I say Diego Maradona? 6 votes for handball goal and 1 vote for who is Diego Maradona (women)!

robbie mustoe said:

Wow, a 7 person poll, that certainly proves a point.

This is similar to the Mike Tyson situation, people who have no idea about boxing know him for being some guy who bit an ear off, but people who know their stuff certainly have a different opinion.

All I could work with at the time mate!
Are you really saying that Diego Maradona should not be on this list? [icon_drun
Either you are he or an Argentine as you protest to much and see good old Diego as some sort of god.

fenomeno said:
Woody said:

robbie mustoe said:

This is similar to the Mike Tyson situation, people who have no idea about boxing know him for being some guy who bit an ear off, but people who know their stuff certainly have a different opinion.

fenomeno said:
Woody said:

robbie mustoe said:

I don't think you're quite getting the point mate. We aren't doubting his ability as a player, but I for one hate him because of his cheating at the world cup and I also think the lifestyle he chose to lead after his career was disgusting. And generally, although people remember him for his talents, they also know him well for those negative points too.

Scotty said:
fenomeno said:
Woody said:

robbie mustoe said:

I don't think you're quite getting the point mate. We aren't doubting his ability as a player, but I for one hate him because of his cheating at the world cup and I also think the lifestyle he chose to lead after his career was disgusting. And generally, although people remember him for his talents, they also know him well for those negative points too.

Exactly right. Great footballer, horrible horrible man.

Its similar to Iron Mike. As a massive boxing fan I love watching Mike fight, at his best he was amazingly destructive. However, there is no way that the majority of boxing fans hold his achievements inside the ring over the fact that he is a convicted rapist who bit a man's ear off in a fight.

robbie mustoe said:
Scotty said:
fenomeno said:
Woody said:

[quote="robbie mustoe":3miqk9ar]No doubting Maradona was a freak of nature. However there is also no doubt that he was a drug-taking cheat also.

Exactly right. Great footballer, horrible horrible man.

Its similar to Iron Mike. As a massive boxing fan I love watching Mike fight, at his best he was amazingly destructive. However, there is no way that the majority of boxing fans hold his achievements inside the ring over the fact that he is a convicted rapist who bit a man's ear off in a fight.[/quote:3miqk9ar]

Wrongly convicted IMO and i might add that Holyfield deserved it. icon_thumbs_u

Haha. That is one harsh call. I'm not a big Holyfield fan either but to say he deserved to lose his ear...quite harsh.

robbie mustoe said:
Haha. That is one harsh call. I'm not a big Holyfield fan either but to say he deserved to lose his ear...quite harsh.

I could explain why i think he deserved it but don't wanna take this thread even more off topic, so i'll leave it. icon_thumbs_u

fenomeno said:
robbie mustoe said:

I could explain why i think he deserved it but don't wanna take this thread even more off topic, so i'll leave it. icon_thumbs_u

Fair enough. If it makes you feel any better the guy is near bankruptcy.

Woody said:

fenomeno said:
Woody said:

fenomeno said:
Woody said:

Cocaine?

My dad tells me the best he ever saw was George Best. Another example of a person with amazing endless talents on the pitch but plagued with problems in their personal life.

Reminds me of the famous George Best quote

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

robbie mustoe said:
fenomeno said:
[quote="robbie mustoe":3pqbfy3o]Haha. That is one harsh call. I'm not a big Holyfield fan either but to say he deserved to lose his ear...quite harsh.

Fair enough. If it makes you feel any better the guy is near bankruptcy.[/quote:3pqbfy3o]

Haha he's living in a mansion in LA, gets about 300k everyrime he does a dinner function, he's doing well for himself, he's off drugs and alcohol, i'm happy for him, makes me feel better for sure.

Active Now

• cento
  • broncos4life
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Browny
  • Yellowfella
  • Santa
  • Scorchie
  • Cavalo
  • Harry Sack
  • Waynesaurus
  • winslow_wong
  • FACTHUNT
  • IceWorks
  • Justwin
  • bb_gun
  • Lurker
  • Xzei
  • Battler
  • Allo
  • mrtij
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.