Let have a Honesty Session - Knights v Broncos

Milford - gone
Boyd - gone
Seibold (he’s hitched his wagon now to the two flops above) - gone

I have no idea what they do at training but they haven't got a single solitary set play or any kind of structure to use in attack. It's fucking maddening to watch.

Defence well they're just soft and don't give a shit.

Well here is a point I’ve been thinking about for a while. I live in Ashgrove, 3 streets over from Fulcher Road. Moved here mid-May.

I literally walk my dog past Red Hill every single day. Usually twice a day. Early morning and late afternoon. I have never seen the team train. Not once in over 6 weeks.

Now obviously they are, because we see pictures, but I’ve somehow managed to never see them on their flash new training facility.

We used to be told they would do 2 sessions a day. I never see them training, morning or afternoon, though my partner has around 11am, and I wonder if that is still a thing?

Has Seibold brought in some new age training system where we don’t train twice a day anymore?

It would explain an AWFUL lot...

The potential for long term damage this has on the younger players cannot be understated.
The psychological impact of becoming a "loser" at a young age, being reinforced week in week out with record breaking floggings under leaders who dont seem to care (Boyd, Milford, Oates etc) could turn potentially great players into Dave Taylors.
This shit needs to be stopped right now.

How long can Seibold last with the board (honestly) if we are wooden spooner will he still be there next year

It's the same board who rubber stamped the CEO's rookie mate off the back of one semi decent season taking a good team to the finals. The same group who thought publicly sacking then not sacking then sacking then not sacking and on and on ad nauseum our previous coach was a great idea because it saved them from having to pay him out. From experience so far we can run last two years in a row and the Harvard halfwit will still be in charge as long as management get their performance bonuses.

Fark, they're going to hang on to him until he's limboed under whatever low bar they've set to let them part ways without paying him out, aren't they? Going to be a long season...

Well yeah, they dynamited the team in 2018 to avoid a payout.

Man I still can't believe how shit 2020 has been, both in football and out of it. It has been agony.

The funniest part of this game is that not only are we so shit that our only try came from a fluke intercept from our least experienced player, but that it was the result of a terrible pass from a guy who was in our shitty team just a few weeks ago. It’s almost beautiful in its patheticness.

The funniest part of this game is that not only are we so shit that our only try came from a fluke intercept from our least experienced player, but that it was the result of a terrible pass from a guy who was in our shitty team just a few weeks ago. It’s almost beautiful in its patheticness.

tenor.gif

Save us daddy Thorn. He’s one man who would wake this team the hell up.

for mine this all began in the 2015 GF: thats when our aura of invincibility was finally broken, losing our first grand final..

slow decline from that point ever since...

id be tapping up one of the highest rated assistant coaches from the Roosters or Storm and asking them would they would do with a full time NRL coaching gig...

Working for the Knights currently...

Last edited:
Yes. He needs to learn that after being out for 6 games, his job when he comes back is not to **** up. I can count 6-10 major errors tonight from him.
I wouldn't drop him yet. Yeah he made errors but he's aggression was what helped us contain (to a point) their forwards yesterday. I mean a part from Saifiti who abused us

Carrigan was sloppy late. Penalty. But the bin was harsh.
I'm trying not to be bias here but I don't think there was anything wrong with this. Sure it was hard, sure it was to his back but what else could Carrigan do. By the time Pearce passed it, Carrigan was already mid-tackle. He doesn't take another step and you can't expect him to slow down his tackle before Pearce passes it, otherwise it would be too easy for Pearce to throw a dummy and run. Pearce getting hit in the back was because he turned his back to the defence.

Now look at the JWH tackle on Ponga last year, where after Ponga kicks it, JWH takes another 2 steps and hits Ponga. I'm not even sure if they called anything on it either but that one is a dirty tackle IMO.

Lets lay it all out then.... 😭
I miss Josh McGuire, I miss James Roberts, I miss Kodi Nikorima, I miss Matt Gillett.
I miss those back against the wall wins, I miss that aura of invincibility, I miss the feeling of my team being able to beat anybody on their day.
I fucking miss that sense of hope we were always challenging for the title every fucking year!

But most of all, even hard for some of us to admit, we all miss the old coach at the helm who gave us that belief and didn't give a rats arse what the external noise was - but always defended his players and the jersey to the core. 😭

"Life is a grindstone and whether it grinds a man down or polishes him up depends on the stuff he's made of. " - WB

Last edited:
I think we’re suffering through the rot we had to have post-Bennett. We couldn’t handle it the first time around so we brought him back, which, despite us making the grand final in 2015, I thought was a mistake long-term. We’re gonna be shit for a few years, like Parra or the Roosters were. That being said, I think we need a stronger coach to lead us through this or it’s going to ruin the development of players like Haas, Carrigan, Paix and Fifita.

Lets lay it all out then.... 😭
I miss Josh McGuire, I miss James Roberts, I miss Kodi Nikorima, I miss Matt Gillett.
James Roberts is about the only thing in the NRL going worse than the Broncos at the moment. Nikorima on his Warriors salary makes even Milford looks relatively less overpaid than he really is. Gillett literally played his body to a standstill for us and if he didn't retire he'd likely had to have been dragged out of Red Hill on a stretcher.

The only player of that lot still going well is McGuire, but he arguably helped drive our team culture into the ground during his time here and was a big part of the current rot, and he also happens to play the one position we actually have a competent and possibly even better replacement in.

Last edited:
James Roberts is about the only thing in the NRL going worse than the Broncos at the moment. Nikorima on his Warriors salary makes even Milford looks relatively less overpaid than he really is. Gillett literally played his body to a standstill for us and if he didn't retire he'd likely had to have been dragged out of Red Hill on a stretcher.

The only player of that lot still going well is McGuire, but he arguably helped drive our team culture into the ground during his time here and was a big part of the current rot, and he also happens to play the one position we actually have a competent and possibly even better replacement in.

I agree with this. James Roberts was awful in defense and would often let the player pass and relies on his speed to tackle him from behind. He would show a highlight run every 5 games or so which made us love him but Staggs is more consistent in attack. Defensively, I think he has gotten worst this year but I'm sure he can improve.

Niko I miss. In hindsight, would rather have him than Milford but back then I always thought Milf was the man we had to keep.

Nothing futher needs to be said about Gillo. Amazing player, great bloke, tried his guts out, defensively was one of the best second rowers in the game and kept our line together. Wish he could keep playing but he would probably be in a wheelchair sooner or later playing with a broken neck.

And Moose? Yeah he is the hard man, but the whole 'rat' drama was really the downfall. Our culture felt changed after that. He is an intimidating figure, but he is one of the biggest grubs in the game with his eye gauging. Not a leader our guys could follow. Yeah he is consistent but lets not forget we were sick of him getting tackled on the 4th/5th on a one out pass for years. TPJ is our new Moose IMO and is more athletic. If he can stay on the field, I'm sure he can offer the same.

That's my 2 cents

The potential for long term damage this has on the younger players cannot be understated.
The psychological impact of becoming a "loser" at a young age, being reinforced week in week out with record breaking floggings under leaders who dont seem to care (Boyd, Milford, Oates etc) could turn potentially great players into Dave Taylors.
This shit needs to be stopped right now.

This is what worries me too. But it is a two-edged sword. Seibs has some strengths but MASSIVE weaknesses and I think most now agree he needs to go, though it is a question of when.

However, I have a big issue here, if the players are pushing him out, this is absolute rubbish. They clearly have WAY too much power at the club, hence the undroppable status of some of the 'experienced' players. Do you want to reward players for pushing the coach out? They don't play for the pride of the jersey and this was happening while Bennett was still there.

We can all blame the coach (and rightly so) but you can't ignore the massive fact this playing group has HUGE issues.

Active Now

• Bish
  • MrRobot
  • teampjta
  • bert_lifts
  • Old Mate
  • Financeguy
  • Santa
  • johnny plath
  • Redux
  • broncsgoat
  • Tim K
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mustafur
  • Fozz
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Sproj
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Skathen
  • Brocko
  • NSW stables
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.