RANT Let Herbie go, NOW!

I mean, you can’t give anyone shit about a call they’ve made if you’re saying we should have kept Brenko Lee. Jesus Christ
At least Brenko passes the fkn ball, he has greater syngergistic value to the team at half of Herbie's salary. Indvidually Herbie's a better player, synergistically Herbie's a dog's breakfast. Unfortunately for Herbs league is a team sport.

To say he has gotten worse since signing for the Phins is a lie, he was very good until like the last 3 or 4 games, he still does alot of runs like he usually does but he is notably more selfish with his runs now, and it's a big negative on edge plays.

Passing has always been Herbie's weakness and it's a significant weakness to have, particularly when we needed a try or two today.

It's all well and good when he can do it on his own but when he can't, it leaves him open for criticism.

@Foordy youd be happy to name him again next week?

I think some people have selective memories with Herbie. He was still performing and people were saying can he back flip on them or they were sad he is going. A few bad games and people turn. Crazy.
I see your point @Wolfie. Sadly, with Herbie it’s been like “he had a few good games” where most fans were sad to see him go. Before then and certainly that last month or so, he’s been bog average. That’s being generous to describe his performance. We have 3 perfectly good replacements who are way better for the team. Herbie looks like the new kid who’s never played the game, wants to be involved and is completely out of his depth.

And before anyone brings up Staggs’ lack lustre performances at times this year…. His overall performance has been better for the team. At least he passes the fkn ball.

And before anyone brings up Staggs’ lack lustre performances at times this year…. His overall performance has been better for the team. At least he passes the fkn ball.
You can't have your best and highest paid center just being solid like he has been.

Still don't think Herbie over the season has been that bad. He's just off form right now.

No he hasn't.

His past couple of games haven't been his best, but he has been ripping in for most of the season.
Certainly looks like it.
Even the smallest % drop in performance or attitude has dramatic impacts on these games, the comp is so tight.
He isn’t the only one but certainly hasn’t been at his best since signing elsewhere.

Certainly looks like it.
Even the smallest % drop in performance or attitude has dramatic impacts on these games, the comp is so tight.
He isn’t the only one but certainly hasn’t been at his best since signing elsewhere.
I think its more teams just figuring him out. They know he'll never pass it, so they can just gang tackle him everytime.

I think its more teams just figuring him out. They know he'll never pass it, so they can just gang tackle him everytime.

I think this is an important point! Unless hes in broken play, Herbie is very easy to read and jam towards sideline. They know hes rarely if ever going to pass, so the inside and outside man can hold their position deeper and cut him down without risk of offload.

Herbie deserves to be here till rhe end.
He is as much a part of the reason we are in a good position on the ladder as anyone else.
To take a shot at a gf away from him would be completely fucked and not the Bronco way.

I think this is an important point! Unless hes in broken play, Herbie is very easy to read and jam towards sideline. They know hes rarely if ever going to pass, so the inside and outside man can hold their position deeper and cut him down without risk of offload.
When I was saying this two years ago, that he killed every play by running back into the ruck, I got harassed and abused. And at least of one of the abusers is still harassing me from within my ignore list. Herbie was a gun, and very handsome. No homo, but...etc. Scoring tries was not the measure of a centre; it's all about metres and defence. Or something. Man, I copped some shit. Herbie was untouchable. While you could dump any amount of shit on Kotoni.

When Herbie's hogging become comically obvious last year, he must have copped some flack from other players because he made an obvious effort to integrate more with the team. He also started scoring. I got off his case. There's a simple rule: if you're going to hog in the centres, you have to make up for it on the scoreboard. And then he got injured.

As for those saying he's dropped the towel since signing with the Dolphins, that's bullshit. He's still racking up the metres. He's still doing what he's always done. In fact, if anything he's less of a hog than he was. I think it's just that the formerly lovesick fanbois are only now starting to notice his formula.

You would hope going by the abuse he's copped from this game, and how unhappy Kevvie was after it, someone might be in his ear this week.

Herbie deserves to be here till rhe end.
He is as much a part of the reason we are in a good position on the ladder as anyone else.
To take a shot at a gf away from him would be completely fucked and not the Bronco way.
We won’t get there if he keeps blowing chances

I know Oatesy is a nice guy, but how has he not brained him over the last couple of years

We won’t get there if he keeps blowing chances

I know Oatesy is a nice guy, but how has he not brained him over the last couple of years
I don't understand this either. Herbie has openly complained in interviews about Oatesy always calling for the ball like he's a pest. Like what the ****?

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Tim K
  • Fatboy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Fitzy
  • Jedhead
  • Foordy
  • kman
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • kiwi2
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • winslow_wong
  • Skathen
  • Waynesaurus
  • Santa
  • Bongo
  • Xzei
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.