Let the off season review begin

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Well with that dog shit we just put up, might as well get an early start on the off season review
We need quite a few changes to this team to turn this sinking ship around and it’s not just at the coaching level either
Riki Piakura Cobbo Mam Walters Baker
Goseiski all fucking rubbish that need to be broomed from the club
Coaching tactics are simply non existent
No proper game plan or plan b or c when a isn’t working. All they rely on is basically Walsh doing bullshit plays to get points
Proper depth is badly needed and for **** sakes finally stand up to the QRL and say we are fielding one fucking team in the q cup so they reserves can at least play together to work on their combos

Carrigan player of the year, **** me did he carry the forward pack for the majority of the season and was absolutely buggered post SOO, still continued to have a dig.

I dunno, I'd like to say I have the answers on where we go from here but I don't.

Please just get in some hard working, solid players with a bit of know how who wont crumble under pressure. Its all well and good having these so called " guns " but when they arent performing week in week out your squad is weaker. I'd rather have players who's best and worse performances dont have such a big difference between them.

Please just get in some hard working, solid players with a bit of know how who wont crumble under pressure. Its all well and good having these so called " guns " but when they arent performing week in week out your squad is weaker. I'd rather have players who's best and worse performances dont have such a big difference between them.
Yeah, no idea who though. Probably should’ve tried to trade Cobbo for Holmes.

I honestly happily trade Mariner, Piakaura, Cobbo for some 28 year olds with far lower peaks.

The roster is a mess.

Need a broom through the squad and coaching staff.

Carrigan and Haas are probably the only players that gave their all every time the played. Walsh needs a better coach to harness his skills.

There’s a couple of others that did enough to stay, and some good young blokes who deserve a shot. As for the rest, I don’t care if they ever wear Broncos colours again.

I honestly happily trade Mariner, Piakaura, Cobbo for some 28 year olds with far lower peaks.

The roster is a mess.

We need something. We have invested a fair bit of coin in the likes of Mam, Cobbo and Piakura and they have all been very underwhelming this year.

I saw this video in August and thought this was pretty accurate, I think their attitude this season has been pretty poor and they’ve really loved the attention and have not bothered to care about this season. I think just the whole environment needs to change.

The roster is a mess.
I wasn’t as worried about experience heading into this year because I thought this squad had “enough” seasons in the NRL to know what it takes, but yeah looks like (again) we are too inexperienced

It's a shitshow, there's just no doubt about it now.

You don't deliver a performance like that, under those circumstances, in those conditions and get so thoroughly dominated in every aspect if you're a serious footy team. They had us on intent, they sure as hell had us on fitness, but then it feels like every single team does except us, and they had us with coaching and strategy. That set play from Hammer to his outside player was beautiful to watch....You think we could put a little of that in our gameplan? Just a bit? Either the coaches are too clueless to coach it or the players are too stupid to execute it, FIND OUT WHICH.

The only reason there can be that there isn't is because Kev is incapable of coaching like that. It's like 100% of his speeches in the sheds is about effort and "honoring the jersey" and turning up for your mate.....Except they aren't even doing well at that stuff, Kev. They look like headless chooks who can't stand each other. It really is just "pass it to Reyno or Walsh" and let them do something every game. That is not a premiership serious position to be in. And this season proved it isn't even top 8 standard.

He must get in some real deal assistant coaches to fill in his gaps, and he must do it now, or he will be gone by Round 5. Trent fucking Barrett is not a real deal assistant coach, and signing him fills nobody with confidence that you're being legit about turning it around.

Active Now

• rnabokov
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.