Let the off season review begin

Please just get in some hard working, solid players with a bit of know how who wont crumble under pressure. Its all well and good having these so called " guns " but when they arent performing week in week out your squad is weaker. I'd rather have players who's best and worse performances dont have such a big difference between them.
Need to recruit some guys with something to prove not the ones that are the "guns".
Only have to look at the Dolphins side basically a team half full of rejects and they play with heart and desire.

Can't wait for the nrl 2025 draw so we get the storm, panthers, roosters and a derby (i.e redcliffes, titans and even cowboys gf so we have to play hard or get smashed), in the 1st 6 rounds to drain us, followed by the warriors in origin period in nz and mo Sunday games post origin for recovery.

"BrOnCoS GEt a HeaPs GoOd DraW EVERY YEAr AyE" - syndey-based team fans who travel about 1/3 the distance as us.

On field the side needs a real leader, tough decisions need to be made and Reynolds showed this season his inability to stay on field for long stretches of time. Injuries have caught up and it will only get worse from here. If it was upto me, give the captaincy to Carrigan and take the pressure off Reynolds. Carrigan has shown he ticks all the important areas to being a real communicator and leader for the side.

Carrigan player of the year, **** me did he carry the forward pack for the majority of the season and was absolutely buggered post SOO, still continued to have a dig.

I dunno, I'd like to say I have the answers on where we go from here but I don't.

His career starting to pan out like Josh Jackson.

We don't deserve finals football this year, been saying as much for a few weeks now.

Before the GF last season, DD had a knock on his door. Pinned to his door was a message - it simply said this.

"Premiership window open till Arey retires".

What he did next, what the entire front office did, or more appropriately didnt do, speaks volumes.

The single biggest compettive advantage a club can have is its front office. And ours absolutely shit the bed. And so did a lot of the players.

Reynolds has one final year in him, can we "really" expect a 100% turnaround and another GF apperance next year?

Looks like last year is the best we get out of our number 7. Heres another thing that has bothered me for ages.

On most metrics, the Broncos are arguably THE biggest sporting institute in the country. Now, for mine, this demands the club should ALWAYS have at least 1 of the top 3 coaches leading it. At a minimum.

How can it be anything other, unless i'm wrong on the status of the club. So, unless Bellamy, Robinson or Cleary agitates for it, none of them are coming here.

So, why arent we looking for the heir apparent to these three? We can offer them far more than anyone else in the comp.

Recruitment and retention fucked up royal this season. Needs a large broom swept through it, and start over.

Can't wait for the nrl 2025 draw so we get the storm, panthers, roosters and a derby (i.e redcliffes, titans and even cowboys gf so we have to play hard or get smashed), in the 1st 6 rounds to drain us, followed by the warriors in origin period in nz and mo Sunday games post origin for recovery.

"BrOnCoS GEt a HeaPs GoOd DraW EVERY YEAr AyE" - syndey-based team fans who travel about 1/3 the distance as us.
Meanwhile, the Phins, Cows, and Sharks will play the bottom 4 from this year twice within the first half of the season.

This won’t be a popular opinion but I think Reyno looks done. He looks uninterested. Looks like he’s checked out.
Hope I’m wrong.
He’s been carrying the club since he got here. Been bashed all over the field as well. How much coaching is he doing on top of this? The guy’s probably mentally drained trying to get some of our players to progress past the fundamentals.

Proper relieved we, seemingly, haven't made the finals. It would have gone a long way to glossing over some of the glaring issues with this team that people seem to think had disappeared because of last year.

I hope there's a proper review into the season and what exactly went wrong. I think the saving grace with all this is DD has no previous affiliation with the Broncos, Kevie, the old boys etc...so will, IMO, be looking out for number 1. Meaning if Kev turns out to be the problem, he won't hesitate. I just hope if that happens it's handled well and respectfully.

The fact there are posters on here who choose to identify Reynolds as the issue really says a lot about the diversity in brain power amongst our members.
He's not THE issue, but he's definitely AN issue. Or more accurately, his position and how much the team still relies on a player who's struggling to stay on the field is an issue.

Kevvie has no excuse for not having his successor in place by now. It's Alfie all over again.

He's not THE issue, but he's definitely AN issue. Or more accurately, his position and how much the team still relies on a player who's struggling to stay on the field is an issue.

Kevvie has no excuse for not having his successor in place by now. It's Alfie all over again.
He’s an issue in the sense that he is expected to carry the entire team in his shoulders, has at most one year left of playing. I absolutely shudder to think what would’ve happened if we didn’t have Reynolds in any of the seasons since he’s been here.

He’s an issue in the sense that he is expected to carry the entire team in his shoulders, has at most one year left of playing. I absolutely shudder to think what would’ve happened if we didn’t have Reynolds in any of the seasons since he’s been here.
Absolutely, full credit etc, but we can't expect him to pull out us of the muck next year.

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.