Let the off season review begin

We need metres out of our forward pack and back 5, along with edge defence and an absolute mongrel.

Small middles are not the answer. Jensen and hethrington, I like them but they do not help our team, we get monstered for yardage.

Cobbo can go, his attitude is just not there. Amazing talent and will be a world beater at other clubs, but his attitude is too tolerated by our players and coaches for him to not be worth half the money he is on.

People saying Reynolds is the problem have lost it. Our season went downhill because he wasn't around. He's had some bad performances but he is still in the top 10 halfbacks easily. Who replaces him?! We need more experience, not less.

Our 2nd row is a problem but I also think they'll be better for this year. They just need a challenger for their spot. They need to know if they have 2 bad games or they have a shocker the spot isn't theirs. It's like they had a mortgage on them despite their terrible performances. Why would they try to improve?

On recruits, we need experience with a strong standards, aggression and size in the middle (any 2 of: horsbreath, welch, papalii, Royce hunt, tohu Harris, paliasia, Adam Elliott.... I get some are pipe-dreamish but they are all worth asking about). Then add in a 2nd rower (klese haas?), then a 2nd row/centre option, and a metrw making winger.

I also hope Barrett has been assessed objectively. I get he's had bad results but maybe he fills the gaps of Walters. Anyone know much about his assistant style? A real technical high standard hard ass is what we need.

Can't wait for the nrl 2025 draw so we get the storm, panthers, roosters and a derby (i.e redcliffes, titans and even cowboys gf so we have to play hard or get smashed), in the 1st 6 rounds to drain us, followed by the warriors in origin period in nz and mo Sunday games post origin for recovery.

"BrOnCoS GEt a HeaPs GoOd DraW EVERY YEAr AyE" - syndey-based team fans who travel about 1/3 the distance as us.
I can’t wait until we are playing well enough to not have to worry what our draw is.

Most teams would be pretty happy to get Titans and Dolphins twice a year…

We need metres out of our forward pack and back 5, along with edge defence and an absolute mongrel.

Small middles are not the answer. Jensen and hethrington, I like them but they do not help our team, we get monstered for yardage.

Cobbo can go, his attitude is just not there. Amazing talent and will be a world beater at other clubs, but his attitude is too tolerated by our players and coaches for him to not be worth half the money he is on.

People saying Reynolds is the problem have lost it. Our season went downhill because he wasn't around. He's had some bad performances but he is still in the top 10 halfbacks easily. Who replaces him?! We need more experience, not less.

Our 2nd row is a problem but I also think they'll be better for this year. They just need a challenger for their spot. They need to know if they have 2 bad games or they have a shocker the spot isn't theirs. It's like they had a mortgage on them despite their terrible performances. Why would they try to improve?

On recruits, we need experience with a strong standards, aggression and size in the middle (any 2 of: horsbreath, welch, papalii, Royce hunt, tohu Harris, paliasia, Adam Elliott.... I get some are pipe-dreamish but they are all worth asking about). Then add in a 2nd rower (klese haas?), then a 2nd row/centre option, and a metrw making winger.

I also hope Barrett has been assessed objectively. I get he's had bad results but maybe he fills the gaps of Walters. Anyone know much about his assistant style? A real technical high standard hard ass is what we need.
I'd love gutherson to replace cobbo. He has a lot of short comings but he would bring a much better attitude to our backline wirha strong voice on the left and some metres. We'd have a bit of cash spare too with good negotiation

If we get Adam Elliot, the women’s team get Millie back.

I can’t wait until we are playing well enough to not have to worry what our draw is.

Most teams would be pretty happy to get Titans and Dolphins twice a year…
No team would be happy with our draw every year. No team... we have had the top 4 twice a year EVERY YEAR since I can remember and even the top 8 Storm every year... we used to get the panthers once a year, but as soon as they won the premiership we don't lol, weird.... and warriors during origin EVERY YEAR is laughable

No team would be happy with our draw every year. No team... we have had the top 4 twice a year EVERY YEAR since I can remember and even the top 8 Storm every year... we used to get the panthers once a year, but as soon as they won the premiership we don't lol, weird.... and warriors during origin EVERY YEAR is laughable
Warriors were top 4 last year and we got them once this year so that can reset your memory.

Yes our draw sucks but part of that is because we suck…my point is I personally want the club to get back to a point where we can be confident against anyone, not whinging because we get the Roosters, Panthers or Storm twice as it may as well be 6 losses…

I personally want the club to get back to a point where we can be confident against anyone, not whinging because we get the Roosters, Panthers or Storm twice as it may as well be 6 losses…

Yep, we can either stand around making excuses or we can get good. At the moment the club seems to be happy to make excuses.

Warriors were top 4 last year and we got them once this year so that can reset your memory.

Yes our draw sucks but part of that is because we suck…my point is I personally want the club to get back to a point where we can be confident against anyone, not whinging because we get the Roosters, Panthers or Storm twice as it may as well be 6 losses…
Ah yes. That makes it much more even. Just once. During origin. In new Zealand...really evens the ledger, my apologies for my error.

And this isn't an excuse for this year, where did i say it was? It's an observation for every year. Until the nrl get rid of the 6 again and make every team play each other once only the competition is wrought with "making it a spectacle" bs. We just happen to be the biggest drawing spectacle for them.

I'd love gutherson to replace cobbo. He has a lot of short comings but he would bring a much better attitude to our backline wirha strong voice on the left and some metres. We'd have a bit of cash spare too with good negotiation
Even though he's going downhill physically Gutherson would still be more consistent than any of our backs and increase the sides football iq by quite a bit.

Horsebreath and K.Haas would be a nice start but actually even before that, clean out our recruitment and retention committee, they’ve been trash for years now. Why haven’t we made any even depth signings for next year? Why are we letting Walsh, Staggs, Willison and Mozer get to free agency yet again?

Step 1. Squad clean out
Step 2. Go after Mitch moses
Why would Moses leave his junior club to go to Brisbane. If he leaves he would go to the roosters. But he also recently bought a new house in Parramatta

Horsebreath and K.Haas would be a nice start but actually even before that, clean out our recruitment and retention committee, they’ve been trash for years now. Why haven’t we made any even depth signings for next year? Why are we letting Walsh, Staggs, Willison and Mozer get to free agency yet again?

Only reason I can think is we've overspent and literally have no money to shore up these guys on time, let alone try and poach anyone. A lot of it is likely dependent on Walsh's contract which seems to have stalled .... could hinge on whoever is coach next year and beyond

We're so fucked. I think we just need to start to get used to mediocrity tbh. Be a club that's stoked with a top 8 finish. I really feel like things are going to get even worse.

Donaghy is letting things get to this point. He really needs to be heavily scrutinised if he doesn't make changes and we are just as bad or worse in 2025. Something tells me nothing will change.

2023 was a fluke. I don’t see 2025 being any better than this year.

The club has a huge void in leadership. Reynolds is not the guy.

We have no backrowers and no impact off the bench.

We couldn’t even show up in front of a packed out crowd.

this starts at the very top. Dave D needs to wake up and make some actual changes that say we want to be the best.

The fact there are posters on here who choose to identify Reynolds as the issue really says a lot about the diversity in brain power amongst our members.
Reynolds is not the guy. He was invisible in the 2023 Grand Final. He was shit house last night. His key errors the week before almost got Parra back in the game. There is no leadership out there. You can see there is issues between him and some players.

Reynolds is not the guy. He was invisible in the 2023 Grand Final. He was shit house last night. His key errors the week before almost got Parra back in the game. There is no leadership out there. You can see there is issues between him and some players.
He’s not perfect but he’s expected to be because no one else in the team but Patty offers any consistency

Active Now

• whykickamoocow
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.