Let the off season review begin

Sam burgess would be a good addition to the coaching ranks.
Was a broncs fan as a youngster, doesn’t put up with complacent entitlement BS, as shown by what happened around his departure from souffs..
Solid connection with Arey..
Madge / Burgess even better..

Well with that dog shit we just put up, might as well get an early start on the off season review
We need quite a few changes to this team to turn this sinking ship around and it’s not just at the coaching level either
Riki Piakura Cobbo Mam Walters Baker
Goseiski all fucking rubbish that need to be broomed from the club
Coaching tactics are simply non existent
No proper game plan or plan b or c when a isn’t working. All they rely on is basically Walsh doing bullshit plays to get points
Proper depth is badly needed and for **** sakes finally stand up to the QRL and say we are fielding one fucking team in the q cup so they reserves can at least play together to work on their combos
Other than the 2 imposters in the second row, Mam has been horrendous, excluding the injuries, Milford at his worst level.
The front office has needed a clean out for years and put the right people in to make the hard decisions and give us fans some hope and a team that competes hard for 80 minutes every week , that’s what they’re fucking paid to do

This won’t be a popular opinion but I think Reyno looks done. He looks uninterested. Looks like he’s checked out.
Hope I’m wrong.
He’s cooked mate.
Won’t get a full season next year.
Wouldn’t mind if they had him on coaching staff.
We have no one ready to take over from him which shows where this shitshow is at

I can’t wait until we are playing well enough to not have to worry what our draw is.

Most teams would be pretty happy to get Titans and Dolphins twice a year…
I doubt we’ll be a certainty against even the tigers next year. They certainly will have a better spine than us

He’s not perfect but he’s expected to be because no one else in the team but Patty offers any consistency
Consistency hasn't been the issue. More like consistently what?

Billy, Payne, Corey Jensen, Tyson Smoothy, for example. These players deliver the same every week. To the point of being predictable. Never having shockers, but never winning games. Their numbers are usually pretty good. But it's never really enough is it?

You could say Reece and Reyno are also consistent, for better or worse. Always the flashes of brilliance, always the errors. The short kickoffs that go out on the full. The Harbour Bridge passes that go over the sideline. You know it's going to happen. Every game.

As for inconsistent: Cobbo, Staggs, Mariner, Piakura, Riki, Oates. You never know what you'll get.

We don't have an NRL standard coach, our recruitment team might as well be non existent, our junior depth is absolutely fucking non existent, and the one junior who's showing some promise can't make the team on account of nepotism.

The CEO disappeared too. What a fucking shamblea we still are.

We don't have an NRL standard coach, our recruitment team might as well be non existent, our junior depth is absolutely fucking non existent, and the one junior who's showing some promise can't make the team on account of nepotism.

The CEO disappeared too. What a fucking shamblea we still are.
I honestly believed everything was going to change when DD got the job, I’m a bit lost for words with what he’s produced atm.

Other than the 2 imposters in the second row, Mam has been horrendous, excluding the injuries, Milford at his worst level.
Disagree. Very different issues.

Milford was lazy, disinterested and unwilling to assume responsibility. You didn't see him chase kicks, run down intercepts or charge up in defence.

Ezra came out of the shadows. Became a marked man. He wanted to be THE MAN too soon. Then he got cut down to size. Give him time.

Disagree. Very different issues.

Milford was lazy, disinterested and unwilling to assume responsibility. You didn't see him chase kicks, run down intercepts or charge up in defence.

Ezra came out of the shadows. Became a marked man. He wanted to be THE MAN too soon. Then he got cut down to size. Give him time.
Maybe so but we needed mam to step up when Reynolds was out and he seemed disinterested like most of these so called professionals.
Hopefully next year he gets somewhere near his ‘23 form

Billy, Payne, Corey Jensen, Tyson Smoothy, for example. These players deliver the same every week. To the point of being predictable. Never having shockers, but never winning games. Their numbers are usually pretty good. But it's never really enough is it?

You could say Reece and Reyno are also consistent, for better or worse. Always the flashes of brilliance, always the errors. The short kickoffs that go out on the full. The Harbour Bridge passes that go over the sideline. You know it's going to happen. Every game.

As for inconsistent: Cobbo, Staggs, Mariner, Piakura, Riki, Oates. You never know what you'll get.
I mean not consistently good. No one is consistently good, either game to game or within a game. There are huge gaps between our best and worst games and moments.

Though you are right to an extent, we have found some consistency this season but it’s not the type you want.

We’ve gone from 10 minutes away from winning a premiership to looking like we’re are now years away from one. Incompetent clowns running the football department at this club. It’s not a one man issue. It’s all of them.

Maybe so but we needed mam to step up when Reynolds was out and he seemed disinterested like most of these so called professionals.
Hopefully next year he gets somewhere near his ‘23 form
I don't know about disinterested. I think his head got a bit swollen over the preseason. The Roosters targeted that and popped his balloon, albeit in the most ill-advised, ham-fisted way. He's young. He'll recover.

But he needs to work on his defence.

Oh great, Reece and harbour bridges.. he’s going to the roosters. Youse were told.

I mean not consistently good. No one is consistently good, either game to game or within a game. There are huge gaps between our best and worst games and moments.

Though you are right to an extent, we have found some consistency this season but it’s not the type you want.
I guess my point is: I'm not blaming the players; I'm blaming the team. That's why I think we need a new coach, more than we need a roster cleanout.

But obviously our roster is also unbalanced and out of whack. Our edges are broken. Our bench doesn't cover enough bases. And our halfback is passed his used-by date and we have no replacement. Yet individually, all the players in our best 17, including Piakura, Riki, Cobbo and Mariner have the talent.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Mighty Bronx
  • DrGee
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Dexter
  • cento
  • Jedhead
  • IceWorks
  • Tim K
  • Dash
  • Jason Simmons
  • Bucking Beads
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Skyblues87
  • Galah
  • Waynesaurus
  • pennywisealfie
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.